Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

Dispatch

This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.

This is just one more example of how this game is fail. R.I.P. SWTOR.

You know, some people like to use the mouse........

I've had this happen before and it's frustrating.

The Lock icon is in a stupid place, it has no business being millimeters from the buttons being clicked.

Just move it the preferences menu or somewhere that isn't routinely clicked.

Well binding would help that from happening but if you must click

There is also a lock button in your options so if you do have to click it won't move anymore.

I would recommend trying to play without clicking though. Adjust your bindings so that they are easier to hit... don't use 7-= change those to better keys like shift 1,2,3,4,5. Once you get use to using keys instead of clicking your reactions will be much faster.

Some ppl click, thats their way of doing things, maybe small hands or stiff fingers makes it difficult for them to hit all those keybinds, I myself was a clicker up untill recently and i still click on some abilities. Being a "clicker" should not make you the target for flames, I have seen some very good players that were clickers.

And to the OP, I too have had what your describing happen, it is very annoying and yes I think at times it unlocks on zoneing by itself because I have had it happen at times when i wasnt even hitting the abilities near the unlock, on a related note, I have also noticed my relics being removed from my left hot bar completely from time to time when i zone.

The worse problem is, that the side bar is too close to the edge of the screen. I play windowed obviously and have random stuff there, that's not bound to anything. Speeders, buff, regeneration, that sorta stuff. If you click just a tad too far to the right your game goes boom, because you just resized the window by like one pixel, so everything needs to load again. Awesome :).

Regards,

Kalantris

The quickslot lock is the least of your problems.

Yes I click, there is no advantage/disadvantage doing things one way or another. I am faster at clicking and have no problems in WZ's other than the damn lock unlocking my quickslots.

Agreed, I enjoy clicking......Sure, if I wanted to setup my hotkeys I might be a bit faster, but I just don't give a damn to do so.

I love how people don't want to fix an obviously bad UI element because of the way THEY play.......

I bet if everytime they accidentally hit the Spacebar it removed their weapon they would ***** pretty quick.

Dear devs, please make abilities unclickable so we don't have to deal with bad players. Thanks in advance.

Being a clicker doesnt make you a bad player, I was a clicker all the way through Rift and was considered to be one of the better healers on my server/faction. Now stereotyping all clickers as being bad players does make you a bad person..or rather an elitist jerk

Yes I click, there is no advantage/disadvantage doing things one way or another. I am faster at clicking and have no problems in WZ's other than the damn lock unlocking my quickslots.

Really?? Because it doesn't sound like you are all that accurate when clicking.

No I do not change out abilities, Yes I use 4 quickslot bars and I'm pretty damn good at killing people. It's sad that people on here bash on people who use an intended play style. Just because it's not what "YOU" do, doesn't make it a bad play style. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Give it a rest ppl, not everyone is a hardcore got to be the best ever player that you are, there are more ways to play the game than just your way, if you have a problem with ppl not playing to your specifications maybe you should go back to your single player games because you obviously cant handle the individuality of an mmo.

People are going to use whatever system is comfortable and works for them, its not right to discriminate based on their choice of input control, instead give them a chance and you may be surprised, but even if your not you will have a basis for your contempt, saying all clickers are bad players is no basis at all.

Edited by Paralassa
rude quote

I am sorry, I fail to see how clicking automatically makes you a bad player, care to enlighten me?

Got the nostromo as well. Love that thing. And I will say all through rift I was a clicker and no one could tell the difference. I am enjoying using hot keys more now but I never had a problem clicking.

All the douche bags saying you suck as a clicker are just the type of people who come to the forums repeating the same crap they read someone else say.

Being a clicker doesnt make you a bad player, I was a clicker all the way through Rift and was considered to be one of the better healers on my server/faction. Now stereotyping all clickers as being bad players does make you a bad person..or rather an elitist jerk

It does perhaps make me an elitist jerk. It also makes me correct. Just like how playing FPS with a gamepad makes you a worse player than someone that uses mouse/keyboard. You may prefer the worse way all you wish, that is beside the point.

Edited by vrok-