Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have you wished you had rolled a Sentinel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Have you wished you had rolled a Sentinel?

Marqhill
02.28.2012 , 12:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafe_Vidar View Post
The grass is ALWAYS greener...
Amen to that brother. I barely know anyone who doesn't complain about how OP all the other classes are no matter what class they rolled. My friend who is a sage complains that Shadows/Assasins are the most OP thing on earth even though I, as a Guardian,, have no problem dealing with them 1v1 whatsoever as long as gear is equal. On the other hand I have huge issues dealing with snipers that are in elevated positions and he pretty quickly just murders them. It's all just game balance. The game was designed to be a team experience and the issues that one class has is balanced out by certain other classes.

On that note. I love my Guardian and wouldn't change it for the world. Except for the retarded looking PvP gear I love it. Fortunately they're going to change it so that in the future you'll be able to throw your PvP mods AND armoring into whatever orange gear you want. I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

Veniras
02.29.2012 , 08:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
+1

I made a guardian and a marauder.

Exactly. You get two AC's and two stories. Profit!

RossWright
02.29.2012 , 09:03 PM | #23
NO..i chose Guardian cause i wanted to be a tank and not DPS its common since to think "hey , Guardians are not DPS then i shouldnt choose them if i want to be DPS"
]-|||||-████████████████████████████████████)

Onager
02.29.2012 , 09:57 PM | #24
My alt is a Guardian, and frankly, I haven't once wished he was a sentinel. Primarily because a certain douchebag Sentinel in my guild was showered with free **** (as my guild is prone to do with its own members) and then left to join the server's zerg guild and proceeded to strut around like a condescending ****** after getting carried to full rakata despite being Combat specced and unwilling to hold his DPS in check for the sake of aggro harmony because the game didn't have a threat meter.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

clearsighted
02.29.2012 , 11:43 PM | #25
If I was a soloer, then absolutely. Sentinels do far more DPS with much more survivability.

However, luckily, I spend every moment of playtime with a duo'd Consular healer, and I get a kick out of protecting her. We're also a ready-made team for any flashpoints, and can steamroll all Heroics, 2s and 4s, without even bothering to CC.

LeeTone
02.29.2012 , 11:45 PM | #26
Nope.

Real men use just one lightsaber.

Gearsofwarthree
03.01.2012 , 11:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jederix View Post
Does anyone else find it peculiar that these forums are overrun with PvPers complaining about "this and/or that class is bad".

One of 2 things is going on here, I think. PvE'ers don't come to the forums, or PvPers are just a whinier lot than most.

Just my observation.
Exact opposite of Aion forums which was full of cry baby pve players complaining about getting killed while questing to the point it ruined the open world pvp and killed the only thing it had going for it. But somewhat true on here excluding hate generation threads on guard forums.

GENKILL
03.01.2012 , 11:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jederix View Post
PvPers are just a whinier lot than most.
Basically this

Foodaddy
03.01.2012 , 11:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RossWright View Post
NO..i chose Guardian cause i wanted to be a tank and not DPS its common since to think "hey , Guardians are not DPS then i shouldnt choose them if i want to be DPS"
I am very happy with my Guardian and all I do is DPS PVP (Focus Tree)

We are better than Sents because we get the 30% sweep increase from our vigilance tree.

Focus sweep bombing, when done properly and with appropriate pvp gear (Power/Surge not accuracy) is perhaps the most powerful pvp setup in the game.

I can beat the infamous hybrid sorcs, BHs, etc.

Sentinels actually give me the most trouble because of their 5 sec invincibility, but just throw AWE on them and wait it out.

Happy hunting!

kalonthar
03.01.2012 , 01:23 PM | #30
No, I'm too disappointed with Sentinels. Not because I don't think they're a worthwhile class or anything, but because they deviate too far from the established lore for my tastes. I might enjoy them more for all I know, but I can't get around the fact that they are no longer the middle-ground between Guardian and Consular like they are stated to be in pretty much every other source. I understand it's for game mechanics though. I'm not saying they're wrong in doing what they did and it doesn't irritate me or anything, I'm just a little disappointed that's all.
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting."