Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Modes.. When are we ready?

Sirfei
02.09.2012 , 09:02 PM | #1
I'm playing a Jedi Guardian, Vigilance spec (DPS) and have been working on gearing him out. I've maxed out my accuracy, built a high amount of Power and been working getting more crit/surge. At what point should I be looking to do Hard modes?
Thanks for the input!
~: Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy :~
Just a bunch of hoopy froods who really know
where their towels are.

( GuildMaster )

Ainianu
02.09.2012 , 09:53 PM | #2
You should pretty much have all rank 126 gear from the dailies, hilts and armouring.

Reasonably good (Artifact) level 49/50 gear in slots like implants/earpiece, enhancements, mods. Can get those from dailies too really.

If you are doing pickup groups that is the level i would expect from tank/dps/healer.

You can probably get away with a bit less, but all of the above is easy to obtain solo so it is best to be the best you can prior to doing the hardmodes so as not to be the weakest link

Dulwaithe
02.09.2012 , 10:05 PM | #3
Not sure how relevant this is, but I started doing hardmodes with my guild basically as soon as I hit 50 as a kinetic shadow. I had pretty horrid gear for the most part (mostly 110 rating stuff, iirc) and got kind of mauled by some of the mobs, but the easier ones were doable. I guess I got a bit carried, but I wasn't unhealable by any means.

I probably wouldn't pug hardmodes with the gear I had though, but the easier ones are pretty easy, except for the bonus bosses.