Can't purchase cartel coins

Septimia

Good morning, all:

I know this is probably a weird problem, but the game won't let me purchase cartel coins with either my paypal or my debit card. I keep getting the prompt saying that it won't take my card, and to please load another one. With paypal, it takes me all the way through to the receipt page, but the receipt is blank and nothing is charged.

What can I do to rectify the situation?

Hopefully this will help:

Hey Kodrac,

There was an EA wide maintenance which is currently causing a number of SWTOR accounts to be unable to purchase CC or sub time. If you are in this state you will need to reset your EA account password as highlighted here on AHQ. We are looking into a broader solution to correct anyone in this state but that is a workaround in the meantime. I will provide further updates as I have them. Thanks.

-eric

Edited by Phazonfreak

Hopefully this will help:

I reset my password, and it still didn't work. It seems to be a strange issue for a company that ostensibly wants to make money to keep denying my purchases lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not able to purchase cartel coins. I've changed my EA password, my SWTOR password, tried different browsers and tried using my phone to purchase but I still am getting a message about due to high traffic / website maintenance the transaction can't be completed.

Is this going to be fixed?

Hope its done soon. i have until the 7th of June before my sub runs out. i will, of course, at least try and see this weekend, but will need to take a break if its not done soon since i wouldnt be able to resub.

edit: just checked. i have two days left. :(

Edited by Qouivandes

• Dev Post

Hi again,

The code redemption, Cartel coins, and subscription purchases issue is now fixed.

Before purchasing anything, we invite you to clear your browser cache.

If you had the issue before today and it's still not fixed, please follow the troubleshooting steps of this article: SW:TOR - Credentials are incorrect error.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Hi again,

The code redemption, Cartel coins, and subscription purchases issue is now fixed.

If you had the issue before today and it's still not fixed, please follow the troubleshooting steps of this article: SW:TOR - Credentials are incorrect error.

No sir, still doesn't work for me. Last time I heard from CS they said my case had been elevated to the development team for review and would get back to me, which they haven't yet. I thought this might have been the fix but I guess not.

• 2 months later...

It seems like this error is still an issue - I have reset the passwords, have tried numerous browsers and tried in game. I am still getting the error:

SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon, or visit our Twitter account for details!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan nicht erreichbar. Schaut bald wieder vorbei oder besuct uns bei Twitter für weitere Infos!

Nous sommes désolés, mais le site web Star Wars: The Old Republic n'est pas disponible actuellement. Vous pouvez revenir plus tard ou vous rendre sur notre compte Twitter pour plus de détails!

I tried to submit a ticket but was only told to call which I don't have time to sit on the phone. Hope this gets fixed.

No sir, still doesn't work for me. Last time I heard from CS they said my case had been elevated to the development team for review and would get back to me, which they haven't yet. I thought this might have been the fix but I guess not.

Still not working!!!! Holy carp, how long has this being going on?

• 1 month later...
Hi again,

NO, it's not fixed as of September 11, 2020. Still unable to purchase. Changed password and nada. Still NOT fixed.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is happening to me now--I'm trying to pay with Paypal, and it takes me all the way through the thank you screen but my receipt is totally blank and Paypal is never charged.

I tried the link above, reset my EA password and also my SWTOR password and still can't buy any CC. Please help, I wanna give you money :(

Edited by Beltane

• 3 months later...
I reset my password, and it still didn't work. It seems to be a strange issue for a company that ostensibly wants to make money to keep denying my purchases lol.

Same. Password is reset and still can't buy cartel coins. I've already called and dealt with my sub not renewing and password changed. I don't want to have to call again.

• 1 year later...

Maybe its just me, but I'm having issues with this as of now. I'm not finding any concrete answers as to why but maybe its just the maintenance around the corner causing software to be buggy and such. But i cant find answers elsewhere. This was kind of a last resort for me.

I attempt to purchase cartel coins from the store with the EA Account balance option but it tells me the account has insufficient funds, even though i just put some in. Any pointers?

I attempt to purchase cartel coins from the store with the EA Account balance option but it tells me the account has insufficient funds, even though i just put some in. Any pointers?

Sounds like the EA account your putting funds into is not the linked EA account , accounts using the same email does not make them linked for example