My experience with elite raiders.

Alright everyone I'm going to explain what happened to me last night but first let's go back to the beginning. Many guilds that I was in weren't able to progress far when it came to Hard Mode operations. There would be countless wipes with a lot of people not sure of what to do. I thought I was never going to find a stable/active raiding guild until I joined a guild named Bedlam. I explained to my raid leader I was inexperienced in both DF/DP HM and we ended up 4/5 df HM and 4/5 DP HM. I have been stuck at both of those bosses as the guild decided to disband as other members were recruited for a NiM 16M Team. I have been 8/10 for months and months now and that changed lastnight. I was on my friend Tco's stream lastnight and just asked in chat if I was to make a group for DF HM would anyone wanna come (expecting nobody to reply back to me) a few people said they would come. I sign online to get an invite from Yoloborg, when the ops group was formed I was pretty intimidated to say the least, having people from some of the top raiding guilds on the Harbinger. Being in a group with people who cleared 16M NiM DF/DP I was trying not to mess up, as some being from Zorz, and other well known Guilds. I told them my DPS was low anyways and they understood. I did get trolled abit about the low DPS but it was expected and I just laughed at it. We cleared DF HM and jumped straight into DP. After raptus I was pretty nervous as we did the council, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and we cleared it easily. If it wasn't for Yolo sending me that invite I would still be 8/10 on both of the operations. Some of you may laugh at this having completed NiM content with your guild with ease but some people aren't that lucky. I've pugged most of my HM runs as I was unable to find a stable raiding guild. I was always under the assumption that some of the more seasoned/highly experienced raiders were all elitist *****s. How I could ever be so wrong. I didn't speak a single word during each of the operations attempting to focus and not to die (and to feed the low dps troll ofc hahaha). At the end of the raid I gave my appreciation to the group and to Yoloborg for inviting me when nobody else would on the fleet. I would like to thank everyone who participated and to the people who helped me through the last two bosses of each operation. I was starting to give up on this game as I was unable to raid as much as I wanted to being guild less (living the pug life). After last night my passion for raiding and the game came back to me and now I'm going to stay and continue to run both DF and DP HM until I can geared enough to possibly try NiM DF/DP. Again I can't stress enough my gratitude for the people who helped me out through this. I will NEVER forget what happened last night. To many of the people who are guild less struggling like me to do HM content keep your heads up. There are people out there who will help and guide you so don't give up!!

Edit: This is the VoD to the stream of us doing both operations. http://www.twitch.tv/snickerr/b/545211715

Edited by RahalLexor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your full clears.

There are some very nice nightmare progression players and guilds out there. My guild also is not afraid to include a PUG or two in our HM/NM runs depending on the content and their gear level. We don't operate under the assumption that a PUG is incapable of clearing the content until we've actually been able to see their performance in pulls. That has allowed us to provide several individuals with their first ever clears of bosses in DF/DP HM and NM.

It's great to hear that you were concentrating hard on doing the mechanics and your role properly. HM and NM content relies on each team member executing their tasks properly, so I know your teammates appreciated the extra effort you made.

Best of luck with your PUGs in the future!

Alright everyone I'm going to explain what happened to me last night but first let's go back to the beginning.

Many guilds that I was in weren't able to progress far when it came to Hard Mode operations. There would be countless wipes with a lot of people not sure of what to do. I thought I was never going to find a stable/active raiding guild until I joined a guild named Bedlam.

I explained to my raid leader I was inexperienced in both DF/DP HM and we ended up 4/5 df HM and 4/5 DP HM. I have been stuck at both of those bosses as the guild decided to disband as other members were recruited for a NiM 16M Team. I have been 8/10 for months and months now and that changed lastnight.

I was on my friend Tco's stream lastnight and just asked in chat if I was to make a group for DF HM would anyone wanna come (expecting nobody to reply back to me) a few people said they would come. I sign online to get an invite from Yoloborg, when the ops group was formed I was pretty intimidated to say the least, having people from some of the top raiding guilds on the Harbinger. Being in a group with people who cleared 16M NiM DF/DP I was trying not to mess up, as some being from Zorz, and other well known Guilds.

I told them my DPS was low anyways and they understood. I did get trolled abit about the low DPS but it was expected and I just laughed at it. We cleared DF HM and jumped straight into DP. After raptus I was pretty nervous as we did the council, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and we cleared it easily.

If it wasn't for Yolo sending me that invite I would still be 8/10 on both of the operations. Some of you may laugh at this having completed NiM content with your guild with ease but some people aren't that lucky. I've pugged most of my HM runs as I was unable to find a stable raiding guild. I was always under the assumption that some of the more seasoned/highly experienced raiders were all elitist *****s. How I could ever be so wrong. I didn't speak a single word during each of the operations attempting to focus and not to die (and to feed the low dps troll ofc hahaha).

At the end of the raid I gave my appreciation to the group and to Yoloborg for inviting me when nobody else would on the fleet. I would like to thank everyone who participated and to the people who helped me through the last two bosses of each operation. I was starting to give up on this game as I was unable to raid as much as I wanted to being guild less (living the pug life). After last night my passion for raiding and the game came back to me and now I'm going to stay and continue to run both DF and DP HM until I can geared enough to possibly try NiM DF/DP.

Again I can't stress enough my gratitude for the people who helped me out through this. I will NEVER forget what happened last night. To many of the people who are guild less struggling like me to do HM content keep your heads up. There are people out there who will help and guide you so don't give up!!

Edit: This is the VoD to the stream of us doing both operations. http://www.twitch.tv/snickerr/b/545211715

Paragraphed, thank me later. :p

I swear Yoloborg and Hashtag and his guilds are on different servers...

Hey-

Man I feel ya. It took me so long to find like minded people on my server that were not already committed, that I really became discouraged and thought I would never get the hard mode dreads cleared, and move into the nim dread content. Hard to find people that didn't just care about 16m story mode for more comms. Plus drama, real life issues, kids, work etc. When my good friend re rolled on the harbinger for the same reason, I thought all was lost and I may as well either transfer or re roll.

My buddy got lucky on the harby and got into a good guild and team, learned the mechanics and tricks, and we formed a team on our server. It's taken about 6 weeks and we still have an open dps spot that we have to fill every week, but we finally got 9/10 hard mode dreads on farm, with brontes our last hurdle before we start to learn nim Draxus.

I must say, it's been a great time, and I look forward to Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. We have developed a great team and even though we are behind in the current level of content, we are having a blast and we are catching up. I really can feel where you are coming from and man congrats on your clears. And how awesome it must have been to play with arguably some of the best players in the world (zorz).

There is a thread about raiders in the gen forum about us being the minority, and in the thread, some people make us out to be people that can only get our jollies if we make 2 noobs cry per week and make at least one under-geared person a month have a nervous breakdown. It's sad that they will never know just how awesome our small community really is, and how good the people in it really are, and your post just confirms that for me.

So, from some of the rest of us that are behind on the current content, congrats man and keep it up.

-Sandari-

Congrats on the clears. :)

I'd like to think that those who are clearing HM/NiM content would be willing to help those who may be new, or for whatever reason have yet to clear HM/NiM and have an interest in progression. There isn't an abundance of raiders interested in NiM content, so the more people can do to get more people into NiM, the better in my opinion.

Generally the hardcore crowd are pretty nice to individuals who are trying to learn the ropes. Their attitude toward other progression groups whom they perceive as not-so-hardcore is what leaves a lot to be desired.

Hey, that was a great and touching post to read, congratulations on the clears! You've certainly got a good attitude for HM/NiM raiding :-)

I understand where you're coming from with this, as I hadn't joined a competitive raiding guild until Explosive Conflict NiM. So I had to clear it in pugs on HM, too. In a way, that's one of my most treasured experiences in the game to this day.

As a consequence I try to be nice to people who join my guild groups for alt runs like in the dread Ops HM. I even succeeded in getting my guild mates to drop the term "Randoms" (which is a funny Anglicism in the German language that basically means the same as "Pugs") and call those players "guests" instead, as more appropriate behaviour is associated with that term.

So Congrats again - and many good raids with "guests" to you!!! :-)

We generalize all "PUG:s" to mirror the image of a undergeared, shadow DPS, who uses taunt in his rotations, does lower DPS than tanks, don't read Ops/Group chat, has no idea about tactics and struggles to communicate in English. However, the good PUG:s that are pulling alright numbers, really tries to focus, understand tactics and execute their role to the best of their ability rarely gets the attetion they should. Admittedly some of these guys would prolly be able to run this with any PUG, however a nice PUG like yourself is always a nice experience, well done and I will forward to seeing you help your own group kill this **** now =) Edited by RikuvonDrake

Generally the hardcore crowd are pretty nice to individuals who are trying to learn the ropes. Their attitude toward other progression groups whom they perceive as not-so-hardcore is what leaves a lot to be desired.

Hadcore and casual are poor terms. Most of the top tier progression guilds spend less time raiding when content is relevant than those who don't push for high ranked kills.

Our attitude or well "mine" when dealing with tryouts and or people new to guild/content is fair.

1) Repeated mistakes are going to get you in the dog house

2) I expect you to have done some research ( videos, ask pre raid, etc)

3) Breaks are silly NM DF/DP shouldn't take more than 2 hours to clear. If you can't go without RL aggro probably won't sit well with others.

4) Raiding = progression = getting further in the fight.

#4 is a huge one it used to infuriate me in Hatred. There is zero point in running at a boss to simply run at the boss. Spending 6 hours raiding and only getting two hours of productive pulls is beyond stupid. If people aren't playing well or things aren't progressing take a break don't keep running at the wall.

Another thing is the top tier players/progression guilds all want it. I left my first guild because the drive wasn't there and I felt personally I had outgrown the guild and what I wanted to get from the game.

As to how Zorz responds to other guilds. Mix of both I'd be lying if i didn't feel disrespected by some of the stuff other progression guilds said or chalked our success up to. When we left Hatred if was because we felt we could do better (Hatred was never out of top world kills) and knew collectively the core of Zorz were some of the hardest working players in the game. To hear pts that, pts this, guesstimated 50 hours of pts pulls was ignorant and a complete shot on the dark.

As to how Zorz responds to other guilds. Mix of both I'd be lying if i didn't feel disrespected by some of the stuff other progression guilds said or chalked our success up to. When we left Hatred if was because we felt we could do better (Hatred was never out of top world kills) and knew collectively the core of Zorz were some of the hardest working players in the game. To hear pts that, pts this, guesstimated 50 hours of pts pulls was ignorant and a complete shot on the dark.

That's partly what I meant. When one hardcore group does well, some others have a tendency to make excuses for why they can't do just as well. And on the flip side, sometimes the well-off hardcore group likes to insult the other groups who are not doing as well without provocation. Use whatever term you want in place of "hardcore"... to me it just means groups that take progression seriously. And by that I mean the willingness to replace people, strict adherence to raid times, things like that.

Either way, hardcore raiders are nice to those who are not, but less nice to each other.

Milas #1 victim complex NA

This ^

Either way, hardcore raiders are nice to those who are not, but less nice to each other.

I disagree with this. I personally love to socialize with other progression raiders to see their mindset on mechanics, boss balancing, etc. Some others may not feel this way, but it's always good to be among like minded people.