Operations Chief NiM: Blue Team

Hello ladies and gents,

My fellow raid team and I killed Thrasher NiM last night and worked on Ops Chief for a little bit and were doing fine till the blue team engaged. When the assigned group engaged in combat ( I was part of it , a gunslinger, along with our commando healer) were doing just fine till the duo of troops did their channeled slam. As experienced raiders ourselves we got behind it to avoid the damage but something odd happened, The two mobs killed me when I was behind him during his channel. This also happened a few seconds later when the commando healer got behind another one to avoid the slam and then died in the process when he was also behind the slam.

If we are missing something, please let us know and to any advice to so we can advance further. Every other color/team are doing just fine.

Ty

Here are some possibilities for what is going wrong and, after, a suggestion for a simple way to do the blue team. I'm not aware of any bugs, and it isn't so different from hard mode.

More info on where you two stand and move (together? apart?), who has aggro (one each? slinger both?) would help.

Some possibilities:

1. Latency: You're out of the slam on your screen, but there's latency and the server still has you in the slam. Suggestion: The standard idea is to jump as you move to the other side of the mobs, on the theory that this forces the server to update your position. (Using an attack [or other similar things] while moving should also do this, or so the theory goes.)

2. Timing: The mobs' timers get offset (due to stunning one, or various other things) and while you move out of one of the slams the other slam gets pointed at you.

3. Positioning: The mobs are facing slightly different directions (say, one aggroed on each of you, or due to a knockback) and you're getting clipped by the other slam when you move out of your mob's slam (the slams are wide and have a very long range).

----

General suggestions (to simplify problems 2 & 3 above):

Do either of:

A. Have the gunslinger get aggro on both mobs and face them away from the healer. Then, when they channel, the gunslinger runs through them (to the side where the healer is; healer doesn't have to move) and then, when they're done, moves back to keep facing them away. Don't stun them or knock them back.

This is very simple and how we do it usually. We actually use a tank & healer (they get it down in time, but if not you can pull the boss without them and have them run in a bit after), but any composition can work. Just be sure both mobs are aggroed on the person facing them away if you do it this way.

B. Have both the slinger and healer run right up to the mobs, on the same side. Don't stun or knock back. When they channel, both run through, always stacking on top of each other and staying right next to the mobs.

Edited by cxten

1. Latency: You're out of the slam on your screen, but there's latency and the server still has you in the slam. Suggestion: The standard idea is to jump as you move to the other side of the mobs, on the theory that this forces the server to update your position. (Using an attack [or other similar things] while moving should also do this, or so the theory goes.)

This seems the most likely possibility in my experience. Just have your Blue Team members hop as they pass through the mobs to get behind them for the slams. Force your client to update the server on where your characters' foot positions are.

Edited by Levram

I always do blue on tank + DPS. Preferably DPS with a cleanse. Then it's super easy. Kill one, then kill the other face them into the wall. I suppose now with 180 and 186 gear it can be done with any combination, but I strongly suggest you do that.

Here are some possibilities for what is going wrong and, after, a suggestion for a simple way to do the blue team. I'm not aware of any bugs, and it isn't so different from hard mode.

More info on where you two stand and move (together? apart?), who has aggro (one each? slinger both?) would your screen, but there's latency and the server still has you in the slam. Suggestion: The standard idea is to jump as you move to the other side of the mobs, on the theory that this forces the server to update your position. (Using an attack [or other similar things] while moving should also do this, or so the theory goes.)

To answer your question, the gunslinger had aggro to both during the encounter & we will try your suggestion to jump behind them after the channel, Thank you all for your help.