Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Still no toggle in 1.3? I'm hardly shocked, as I've almost lost all hope that it'll happen anytime in the acceptable future.

However, I feel that this is unacceptable.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

Specifically this:

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/41/540/deinthk51.jpg

Not only is that Guardian wearing a hood-down Battlelord's Chest, but he also doesn't have the Jedi braid, which would've been a nice option.

I swear they're just trolling us now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no toggle in 1.3? I'm hardly shocked, as I've almost lost all hope that it'll happen anytime in the acceptable future.

However, I feel that this is unacceptable.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

Specifically this:

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/41/540/deinthk51.jpg

Not only is that Guardian wearing a hood-down Battlelord's Chest, but he also doesn't have the Jedi braid, which would've been a nice option.

I swear they're just trolling us now.

They do it every single new content release. Every single one is accompanied by fresh images and fresh video of unattainable hood down options. If the Devs KNOW it's the coolest look for Jedi, and as such the go to image for all of their marketing, why do we still have no way of duplicating it? It's like not putting the Master Cheif helmet in Halo.

Nooo, it's pretty cool having a Jedi hood man,

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=obi+wan+kenobi&num=10&um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=923&tbm=isch&tbnid=agZIr3GsmTLLNM:&imgrefurl=http://steel11kane.blogspot.com/2012/04/1-obi-wan-kenobi-vs-2-yoda.html&docid=cS-u7gqUFcPBlM&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YaW2vAM3ZrY/T5oaYZNiZFI/AAAAAAAAEkU/QlTxgCT72rs/s1600/1Kenobi.jpg&w=555&h=550&ei=oQnST_DFA4Ky8ATA6MTMAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=765&vpy=347&dur=289&hovh=223&hovw=226&tx=106&ty=85&sig=103676968116528451354&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=165&tbnw=160&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:166

We should just at least have the option to have the thing up or down at our leisure. If you don't like hoods at all, do remember you can also wear smuggler and trooper gear, haha!

I was about to post up on here about the dude with his hood down again in the new content preview but y'all beat me to it. What in the blue hell Bioware, I'm sure giving us the hood down (and we can actually still see the damn thing on the back of our robe, you know, like in the movies we all know and love) option is much easier than, say, oh, I dunno, creating a new PLANET perhaps??

They do it every single new content release. Every single one is accompanied by fresh images and fresh video of unattainable hood down options. If the Devs KNOW it's the coolest look for Jedi, and as such the go to image for all of their marketing, why do we still have no way of duplicating it? It's like not putting the Master Cheif helmet in Halo.

It's insulting, isn't it? They totally know how much cooler it looks (otherwise it wouldn't be the promo material), and flat out refused to let us appear that way. It's hugely insulting that they removed some of the hood down armors from the beta, and still rub our noses in it with all the promo videos and pictures. They know we want it, but won't give it to us....who are they saving it for? the NPCs? The nameless NPC guarding my ship locker on the Fleet looks cooler than I do.....hooray, mission accomplished

They have a new promo wallpaper available for download with the battlelord armor with it's hood down and resting on the jedi's back.....I'm going to print it out just to puke on it, that's how insulting that is.

I rolled a Chiss Jedi Knight, guardian, following 1.2 without knowing about this hood-situation. Without being able to wear a hood-down armor, No one else can tell, and I'm the only one who knows he's an awesome-looking Chiss.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

It's insulting, isn't it? They totally know how much cooler it looks (otherwise it wouldn't be the promo material), and flat out refused to let us appear that way. It's hugely insulting that they removed some of the hood down armors from the beta, and still rub our noses in it with all the promo videos and pictures. They know we want it, but won't give it to us....who are they saving it for? the NPCs? The nameless NPC guarding my ship locker on the Fleet looks cooler than I do.....hooray, mission accomplished

They have a new promo wallpaper available for download with the battlelord armor with it's hood down and resting on the jedi's back.....I'm going to print it out just to puke on it, that's how insulting that is.

I rolled a Chiss Jedi Knight, guardian, following 1.2 without knowing about this hood-situation. Without being able to wear a hood-down armor, No one else can tell, and I'm the only one who knows he's an awesome-looking Chiss.

And the Sith? Totally got hood down armors, many choices in fact, from day one. It is long past time to let the Jedi be the Jedi that BW is clearly excited enough about to continually show them off.

And the Sith? Totally got hood down armors, many choices in fact, from day one. It is long past time to let the Jedi be the Jedi that BW is clearly excited enough about to continually show them off.

Oh yes you are spot on we have all the hood down options we could want and then some, when the only damn thing we want is a hood UP option! It's the same crap they pulled with the purple light sabers originally, not letting you guys have it and making it Imperial only through the f'ed up RNG champion bags, only this time in reverse. And then the screenshots and trailers ****, if I see one more SI with a hood up armor I am gonna go up in arms, its beyond insulting. And to add further insult to injury, as you guys have already pointed out, there are DOZENS of NPCs with the armor we want, so we know the items are there and they only need to make them available to us via a vendor or a crafter, hell even a random world drop would be a welcome change! Isn't it the epitome of self-defeating to readily have what your community wants but not give it to them? *** devs seriously!!!1

P.S. I make it a point to never vent in forum posts, as it rarely accomplishes anything, but patience is REALLY wearing thin on this issue that should even be an issue.

Oh yes you are spot on we have all the hood down options we could want and then some, when the only damn thing we want is a hood UP option! It's the same crap they pulled with the purple light sabers originally, not letting you guys have it and making it Imperial only through the f'ed up RNG champion bags, only this time in reverse. And then the screenshots and trailers ****, if I see one more SI with a hood up armor I am gonna go up in arms, its beyond insulting. And to add further insult to injury, as you guys have already pointed out, there are DOZENS of NPCs with the armor we want, so we know the items are there and they only need to make them available to us via a vendor or a crafter, hell even a random world drop would be a welcome change! Isn't it the epitome of self-defeating to readily have what your community wants but not give it to them? *** devs seriously!!!1

P.S. I make it a point to never vent in forum posts, as it rarely accomplishes anything, but patience is REALLY wearing thin on this issue that should even be an issue.

I didn't know you guys had it just as bad in reverse. Is there a thread like this on the Sith forums?

I didn't know you guys had it just as bad in reverse. Is there a thread like this on the Sith forums?

Alas no, we Sith are too busy plotting your demise /insert evil laugh! But in all seriousness, this is by far the largest thread about the hood toggle option on the forums, though there is a very similar one on the SW forums asking for more hood-up gear. There are dozens of others but most are just 2-3 posts long. Those of us who want this option (the people who are concerned with how their character looks and not just obsessed with beating the game and getting the best stats, not that there is anything wrong with that) are not nearly as vocal as say the PvP people, who by God will tell you of the most minute imbalance and back it up with more statistical data than most governments require before authorizing a nuclear strike! That being said I don’t think the issue here is BioWare not knowing about this, it’s just that they have chosen to assign it low priority even though in my opinion, albeit of limited value as my knowledge in this field is – lacking, there is a simply fix as I stated in my post above. Right now I am on vacation in Europe and I won’t be actively playing until I come back in late August, so I am fine waiting for now but this is really getting ridiculous. If they don’t have it fixed by then – well I am not going to throw around empty threats that I will cancel my subscription, simply because I won’t, I enjoy the game in spite of its flaws (I think I am too old to have naïve notions of perfection), but what I will do is put a curse on all the devs that will shrink their epeens to the size of shrived raisins /raises hands menacingly!

Also, despite this thread being active since launch, and they have sais they're aware pf our issue, they still haven't explained why they chose to actually remove hoodless armor entirely for the jedi. After thinking about every time i log my jedi knight, it still boggles my mind that there isn't a single piece of jedi knight armor with a hood down. Also, i still get upset when i log onto this webpage ans see jefi knights wearing hoodless armor that is simply not in the game.

It may be a very good reason, or it could be the same reason that produced the aweful 1.2 armor appearances.

Seeing as we don't have any answers from Bioware on either, its probably not a good one.

Remember after the outrage over the 1.2 appearances, they made some comment about "hearing the community" and now they know that the players want more star warsy appearances. Of course my first thought was " why should they have to be told that people playing a star wars game want to look star warsy?". It made me wonder if there is any oversight of the art department.

So, the real question to bioware: why did you actively choose to withold (remove) hoodless armor appearances from the jedi knight?

There is one piece of hoodless armour: the legacy chest available from the Coruscant legacy vendor.

It's not perfect, as it lacks a cape, but it is hoodless.

I really like it if they would implement this, but they should do it in such a way that the hood doesn't just disappears, it should be shown lowered instead. Because if the hood disappears and gets shown like it is cut off would look just plain silly. Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content - old post

I really like it if they would implement this, but they should do it in such a way that the hood doesn't just disappears, it should be shown lowered instead. Because if the hood disappears and gets shown like it is cut off would look just plain silly

Don't worry. They have "lowered hood" versions of all of the armor that currently has the hood up. They show them to us constantly in all of their marketing. When they finally get around to doing this, you will get what you want, but we need to keep the pressure up until then. They have to understand this will make a lot of their players happy. And continuing to ignore this is making a lot of them unhappy.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC - quote

Don't worry. They have "lowered hood" versions of all of the armor that currently has the hood up. They show them to us constantly in all of their marketing. When they finally get around to doing this, you will get what you want, but we need to keep the pressure up until then. They have to understand this will make a lot of their players happy. And continuing to ignore this is making a lot of them unhappy.

Hear, hear! I will have my people dig up compromising pictures of devs to keep the pressure up! ;)

Yeah it would be nice to have the toggle off/on button. It may be ridiculous but i greatly care for my character looks and becouse of the capes iam playing my IA and i would like to finish my JK who is waiting for the button.Please BW at least give us those armors which we see at almost every Jedi picture, we would be gratefull for that :rak_03:

This was a little odd yesterday. Taken for what it's worth, as the CS usually don't have access to dev information in the MMO setting, but still...

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/hobbitkid37/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-06-12_22_57_01_958132.jpg

Edited by Phabulous

This was a little odd yesterday. Taken for what it's worth, as the CS usually don't have access to dev information in the MMO setting, but still...

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/hobbitkid37/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-06-12_22_57_01_958132.jpg

Actually, he didn't say anything (not that he'd know anything).

Edited by Saprezzan

Only problem with that is that it hasn't got the folded hood at the back.. or at least I can't see it. & yeah I've used that one a few times on some toons. But really I mean even SWG that was made way back when had a toggle on at least one cloak. Seriously the code is so simple I could probably do it, & I've had 8 lessons in My SQL, & a tiny bit of HTML. The monkeys of youtube could do it..

So Bioware.. if you could please,

Give us the simple bloody option of moving our hood!

Thanks.

Just want to repeat that I would be more than fine with just getting the hood down armors as stand alone pieces with the same stats as their hood up counterparts until the toggle was functional. How long could that possible take seeing as the art is already done?

dont forget, not only do we have the horendous crap with not being able to chose wether we like to be hooded or not, but we also have the big butt bug aka the bubble but bug.

I have never once had a bubble butt on my character. However I'm told that it only affects body type 1 and 2, so that may be why I thought people complaining about it were insane for the first few months. However I will say that I would LOVE to take even just the Black Talon Marauder's Chest over to the Rep side until the /hood is implemented. Even that purple nightmare looks better than the large poop-headed robes we have to wear now.

I have never once had a bubble butt on my character. However I'm told that it only affects body type 1 and 2, so that may be why I thought people complaining about it were insane for the first few months. However I will say that I would LOVE to take even just the Black Talon Marauder's Chest over to the Rep side until the /hood is implemented. Even that purple nightmare looks better than the large poop-headed robes we have to wear now.

I leveled a Sith Warrior to 16 just to buy it and sell it to my Jedi over the Hutt Cartel Network and promptly felt my brain melt over my eyeballs when I saw it change to a brown hood up South Park coat the minute my Jedi put it on.