Powertechs

Habez

The continued use of grapple followed by a nice electro dart in the poison in huttball is starting to get old, I mean, I'll pop my "PvP" move to get out of the stun, but after that I get the old carbonize and am left defenseless in the poison to die, I realize that all these things are part of the game but I mean come on, there's almost nothing you can do against that, and every time I play huttball I see 3 powertechs lined up on the edge of the poison -______-

I don't expect Bioware to do anything about this, but rather was wondering if anyone had any tips to combat against this

Hey now, don't forget us Vanguards that do it as well.

I feel it's cheesing people when they're no where near the objective so what I'll do is save for people who make things personal with me.

Those who make it a point to focus me all the time and go way out of their way to put the finishing blow on me, they'll usually get:

Grapple pull, cryo grenade, /wave, and then /flex for the audience. :D

You should be happy Powertechs are easy to spot, so you can see it coming.

We shadows/assassins, on the other hand, are impossible to spot, and next to the force pull we also have two stuns. (Talking about the properly specced shadows of course).

But, part of the game, get used to it :) It's one of the many tactical things you should use in your team. Jumping, pulling, passing...

Edited by Smerte

I love my harpoon, and I do that all the time.

But at the same time, I use it to stop fleeing Sages and Sorc, close the gap between myself and ranged classes, and relocate the ball carrier (AWAY FROM MY FREAKING LINE!).

Sadly, I have seen people create sage alts on the rep side to grief and pull friendlies into the firepits.

But between knockbacks sending you into the fire, Pulls for assassins/shadows and harpoon from Vanguards/Powertechs, it seems fair.

(HINT: Get a Sage, you get pulled into the acid, he pulls you out. You have a lot of time for him to get there and help you)

Once you spend time in the 50's for a while you grow out of using that to kill someone other than the ball carrier. In the 50's the obstacles are a joke and only slow someone down until more dps on your team can get to them. It's nothing like 10-49 where for the most part those obstacles actually kill people quick.

Playing a PT myself I save grapple to A. pull the ball carrier from scoring B. Pulling a person off the ramps that is positioned to get a pass and score (mainly when ball carrier is in no spot to do it without passing). C. sometimes pulling someone off the ball carrier on my team. Other than that there is no good reason to use it. Sometimes the place you get pulled in those 2 cases just happens to be a hazard.

Edited by Ojaix

Once you spend time in the 50's for a while you grow out of using that to kill someone other than the ball carrier. In the 50's the obstacles are a joke and only slow someone down until more dps on your team can get to them. It's nothing like 10-49 where for the most part those obstacles actually kill people quick.

Playing a PT myself I save grapple to A. pull the ball carrier from scoring B. Pulling a person off the ramps that is positioned to get a pass and score (mainly when ball carrier is in no spot to do it without passing). C. sometimes pulling someone off the ball carrier on my team. Other than that there is no good reason to use it. Sometimes the place you get pulled in those 2 cases just happens to be a hazard.

Yeah exactly. I sometimes try to pull someone in for the initial rush to the ball, but it seems better instead to AOE bomb the ball area and area taunt it.

The continued use of grapple followed by a nice electro dart in the poison in huttball is starting to get old, I mean, I'll pop my "PvP" move to get out of the stun, but after that I get the old carbonize and am left defenseless in the poison to die, I realize that all these things are part of the game but I mean come on, there's almost nothing you can do against that, and every time I play huttball I see 3 powertechs lined up on the edge of the poison -______-

I don't expect Bioware to do anything about this, but rather was wondering if anyone had any tips to combat against this

grapple + stun = full resolve

so why are you splashing around in acid for that long if you are using your CC breaker?

im thinking you are confusing a stun for a root. carolina parakeet (hybrid tank/dps) has a talent that causes grapple to root you for 3 seconds.

good news is in a fair fight you would probably kill that PT since CP does crap for damage (although does not have to worry about resource management).

unless you are a sniper, in which case you should just jump into the acid pool to end your misery.

also, you have 3 PTs on the same team? weird, 90% of the time im the only PT/van in the entire game, let alone my team. at least a team with 3 pts is easy to beat in huttball.

btw, i fully support grapple/knockbacks granting full resolve.

Edited by Ryotknife

thats not the only issue with them they are doing rediculous damage i mean 10k rail shots are stupid 5k rocketp unch's and fire dots that tick for 1k a go.

thats not the only issue with them they are doing rediculous damage i mean 10k rail shots are stupid 5k rocketp unch's and fire dots that tick for 1k a go.

What kind of bull is this? 10k rail? Smoking crack. Rail with relics, stims etc full dps spec do 5k at most. Now you can rail then have it proc again quickly to get near 10k, assuming it Frits twice in a row, but one shot doing 10k is Just pure whine on your part.

1. Learn to recognize a Powertech/Vanguard

2. Pay attention to your surroundings, and work on your positioning in relation to other players (this can help with other things as well like knockbacks)

3. Make sure you aren't within 30m of a Powertech that is positioned to pull you into a hazard

4. Make sure your CC breaker is on an easy to reach hotkey, so if you feel you need to live because you're holding the ball you can do so

I LOL every time I see your sig, you call people using valid strategies "exploiters".

Rail shot and Rocket Punch don't do anywhere close to that much damage.

Actually Grapple + Electro Dart = full resolve bar, so you can't follow that with Carbonize. Luckily for us, we can use Rail Shot and Thermal Detonator to finish the job.