Anyone else disappointed that there are no cross-server rated warzones in 1.2?

kyube

X-Server WZ will be coming in Phase two. After they see how things are in Phase One ( Which some would call the "Pre-season" part of Ranked WZ). X-Server will still put your server in priority above pulling from others.

Honestly community is something people delude themselves into thinking exist in the day and age. My personal opinion is that I welcome X-server WZ's and hopefully I Will get to fight some new people rather than the same people you fight everyday that you both know what each are going to do before both players even THINK it.

No X-server rated WZs / arenas will be very bad because:

A) if your server has a select few good PvPers, they will group together for the WZ and go with the ones most skilled, as the objective is to win, so everyone else will have worst teams to play with, so the ranking will be done before you even start playing.

B) There are not so many peeps to start with, on each server. At peak time on Rogue Moon (EU) I barely see 100 peeps on fleet, presuming all those are lvl 50 geared and willing to do rated WZs that means 12 teams of 8 man. Presuming same 12 teams of 8 man on republic side (but I highly doubt it since empire outnumbers republic on most servers), you have 24 teams for ranked which is VERY LITTLE. There will be no variety at all.

On wow you had hundreds of arena teams on each server (if not more) (not counting the alts teams etc), so the competition and pool to queue variation was larger.

They need to either do X-server rated, or allow x-fer from pve / rp servers to PvP / RP-PVP ones for those of us who enjoy bigger competition and decent queue times.

yep i agree

with the rapidly dropping server population this way of rated WZs is just pointless.

having a max of 3 lvl 50 WZs (mostly 1) during peaktimes on EUs biggest PvP server isnt gonna get us anywhere. for a rating system you need large numbers of possible matchups.

to achieve this there are 2 options:

1) cross server matchmaking

2) big time server merges to create way bigger servers (like 5-10 servers into 1)

im afraid but the way they are gonna implement this i can only see it failing. and if you can still only make 4men premades the ranked WZs are pointless anyways. again 2 solutions:

1) make it possible to 8men-signup

2) give us smaller bracket WZs (like 4v4)

option 2 is far better considering again the decreasing numbers of players and the trouble you will have to gather 8 decent players.

i highly doubt the upcoming changes will win back my subscription or the ones of many other PvP interested customers. still a looong way of work ahead BW....

Surely its not that bad on the popular EU servers Hiro? I'm from the EU and play on the US server Prophecy of the Five and 3 matches will pop within a couple of hours even during the day over here when all the yanks are asleep and there's only 20 people on the fleet. During their peak time they are back to back and i'd say the server doesn't even have half the people playing on it that there was after launch.

Really dead servers i could believe it but it just sounds a bit exagerrated when you say it's one of the most popular EU ones.

Edited by Kabaal

well its bloodworthy for republic i am talking about, which was from day 1 the EU-PvP server with the longest queues in the start and after the queues stopped it has always been one of the few servers that was flagged "standard" when 90% of the other servers were "low".

it might be different for empire. dunno if they got 5 hutballs up all the time. cant be bothered to check that.

just logged in at 12:15pm and there was no civil war, no voidstar and no pit running for lvl 50s republic at all.

and yes during peak times (like 7-10pm) i have lately seen a max of 3 WZs similiar at the same time. most of the time it was only 1.

if its that bad on, lets say: "one" of the highest populated servers, i can only imagine how it must be on the smaller ones...

there is no way you can run a ranking system with such low numbers.

Cross server queuing kills server community. I wish it were never coming.

On the contrary, I'm sick to death of playing the same damn people on my server over and over. It's just stale. I don't get why people like seeing the same names with the same classes and strats on a daily basis. I don't talk to these guys anyway so what community are we talking about? They're the enemy. I want variety.

Tell that to the SAME 18 guys in every single War Zone and Ilum I have to fight when they have BM gear and I am still in Centenarian.

Believe me it is NO FUN to just live for 10 seconds every time you cast a single heal.

It is unfair to me as they know my weakness and exactly what to do.

You could not in any way describe this as a fair fight. They are like the School bullies.

10 bucks say these are the same people whining about some fabled PvP "community".

I just stopped even bothering trying to PvP until cross-server WZs come out.