Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will Galactic Renown start from level 1 onwards since its based on item rating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will Galactic Renown start from level 1 onwards since its based on item rating?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joonbeams
06.07.2019 , 01:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
I didn't think this was that hard to understand, but maybe a rephrasing will help....

The rating of the gear drops will be based on the rating of the gear you are wearing
(eg if you are wearing 236, you'll get gear close to 236. no word on how close)

The type of gear dropped will be based on your class
(eg Mercenaries will get Mercenary gear, Powetechs will get Powertech gear, etc)

renown levels just track how often you get crates, level 1 and level 700 will have the same drops as described above
What STC said above. And also, this doesn't have anything to do with the OP....

Keimanna
06.07.2019 , 08:21 AM | #12
Has this been answered yet? Pls address devs!

Darevsool
06.07.2019 , 08:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Keimanna View Post
Has this been answered yet? Pls address devs!
It was answered in the reddit Ask Me (almost) anything they did the other day.
RXP starts at 75
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

Darevsool
06.07.2019 , 08:35 AM | #14
It's pretty far down, and an answer for a completely unrelated question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...tully_ackland/

What restrictions are there going to be on acquiring gear for f2p / prefered players ?

Most of the things we are talking about are in Onslaught so they would not be available for F2P (ex: Renown is at max level).

We are going to be improving how Preferred status players can get gear (who have access to Onslaught). We will be sharing those details as we get closer to launch. - Musco
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

ZeroTypeR
06.07.2019 , 09:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
No, as i posted, Eric said 999 levels, unless he just changed his/ their minds.
I was pretty sure it was one level that will adapt to your gear, but I could've read it wrong.

SteveTheCynic
06.07.2019 , 09:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
I was pretty sure it was one level that will adapt to your gear, but I could've read it wrong.
It's one *tier* of crate whose contents adapt to your gear score, but there are (will be) 999 RXP levels with the same RXP required for each level.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Nemmar
06.07.2019 , 11:33 AM | #17
You understand that would screw up all the quest gear rewards yeah? As well as all the vendor items...

Lvl1's don't need lvl75 gear. It's a max level system for max level characters.

ZeroTypeR
06.07.2019 , 12:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
It's one *tier* of crate whose contents adapt to your gear score, but there are (will be) 999 RXP levels with the same RXP required for each level.
Ah ok, got it. Thanks for the info.

ceryxp
06.07.2019 , 01:12 PM | #19
I asked the question and so far, no, I have not seen that it has been answered. Some of the replies here don't seem to understand the question but it is an important question.

Yes, one of the answers given during the AMA stated that Renown is at max level. But that contradicts some of the other things they have said, both in the stream and in the AMA answers. During the stream when they talked about Renown, link, it's about 5 mins of the stream, they said a few things that indicate it won't be limited to level 75 only. For one, for their first example they say that a character at item rating 252 will get the same gear from a Renown rank 1 crate as they would get from a Renown rank 900 crate. Their example is intended to show how Renown crates will be flat and drop gear based upon your item rating rather than your Renown rank, so gone are their various tiers of crates. Later Charles says, and I've been saying it was Eric who said this, that Renown ranks are purely cosmetic and one's Renown rank is purely about showing how long they've been playing. Renown ranks will now be seasonal and periodically reset. Charles states that Renown will no longer be a progression, because the tiers are gone, and Renown is purely for tracking one's play time (the actual audio is a bit garbled, but it sounds like Charles says it's purely for tracking how many of these things you get). A little later when taking about how one earns RXP, they state that we will now earn RXP as a percentage of XP, kill a mob and get XP and RXP was the example used. They specifically state that any activity that earns us XP will also earn RXP. Then Charles states that even at max level they still track how much XP we would have received and RXP will be calculated against that.

Taken all together it does sound like Renown won't be limited to level 75. If it is then their example about someone in item rating 252 gear would imply that we'll be wearing the same gear we have now for the next five levels before we can start working on the new gear. Their comment about Renown rank being purely cosmetic and a measure of one's play time is wrong because no one will be able to earn Renown XP on day one of 6.0. That means that your play time from level 1 to 74 doesn't count, which is kind of counter to their claims about play your way. When they're talking about how we earn RXP they say that we'll be earning it along side regular XP, which really isn't true if we only earn RXP at level 75. We don't earn XP at max level, they may track it, and our RXP earned may be calculated against that, but we're not earning it because we're max level, so the two really don't jibe.

One of the most important implications is that if Renown is limited to max level, level 75, then no one can earn RXP on the first day of Onslaught. But also, if it is limited to max level then that counters their claims about it being a measure of one's play time since they're not counting the time it takes to get to max level.

We need clarification on this but so far they've chosen to be silent on it.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

EricMusco
06.07.2019 , 01:31 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey!

I am seeing this question still pop up quite a bit so let me clarify. Renown is a max level supplementary gearing system, you will not start earning RXP until you are level 75. A lot of the things we talk about relating to gear being relevant to your character, such as targeting your item rating, are mostly referencing end game gearing only.

The reason for this is that throughout the rest of the game, the vast majority of Mission rewards, especially story, already drop gear intended for your character. Some content also already drops "relevant" gear such as from daily mission crates. What we are talking about is improving the gearing experience at endgame, there are not many changes planned for the rest of the experience.

That being said, if there are particular places that you feel lower level gearing is particularly rough, let us know!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]