Archon’s Contraband Pack

CourtneyWoods

I have a feeling the bound timer on anything Cartel related is so that there isn't a flood of stuff on the gtn 5 seconds after getting it. As most people just sell what they get straight away

Except that you can't sell Contraband Rep Certificates on the GTN which goes back again to my question, why do we need the timer on something that can't be sold or traded?

There are other items in those packs that don't have the timers on them so I don't see why the certificates do. It makes about as much sense as putting a timer on the rep tokens. Why would you?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that you can't sell Contraband Rep Certificates on the GTN which goes back again to my question, why do we need the timer on something that can't be sold or traded?

There are other items in those packs that don't have the timers on them so I don't see why the certificates do. It makes about as much sense as putting a timer on the rep tokens. Why would you?

You get certificates? All I get is gray and junk items not even worth selling...The DEVs hate me for some reason...:(

You get certificates? All I get is gray and junk items not even worth selling...The DEVs hate me for some reason...:(

I've found while buying packs off gtn to get newcomer rep that if you want good items and crc stuff, buy from the cm. It's almost as if people have a way to see whats inside the pack. I had about ten straight green rep items. In all the packs I bought from gtn, none had anything of any value whatsoever. Almost every pack I've bought off CM had something worthwhile in it, though I haven't bought packs very much.

Lashed out and got the hyper crate. Very happy with the variety of items. Also picked up 8 Certs and 3 of the data cubes. Got each of the new weapons except the auto cannon. And heaps of armour pieces. Including a full set of the Frog Dogs away armour.

Also now minty fresh with the new crystal.

Picked up 3 of the new vehicles and pets. Got a couple of double ups which will go on the GTN.

Overall very happy with the new packs.

<3 That's the fix we're looking for - you keep the skirt for ladies and make the set consistent. Not exactly hard.

Hey Tatile,

I talked to the Cartel Market team, the leggings in the men's Regal Apparel Armor Set is intended and thus working as designed. I'll definitely forward your feedback along for future sets, but there are no plans to change this set.

Hey Tatile,

I talked to the Cartel Market team, the leggings in the men's Regal Apparel Armor Set is intended and thus working as designed. I'll definitely forward your feedback along for future sets, but there are no plans to change this set.

Though I thank you for taking the time to look into this, Ms. Woods, I remain extremely sceptical that anything will come of it, if we consider how the game currently stands and how much interaction takes place between the Community and Bioware when issues like this, and others, are raised.

I might remind you that there are six (6) sets of Adaptive/Social Armour which are bikinis, which can only be worn by female characters and NPCs, yet nothing equivalent for male characters and NPCs. It was extremely telling that, when running around Makeb, I came across several male NPCs who were clearly slaves kept for their looks and for sexual purposes, but were forced to wear only boxers, because the armour designers for this game appear entirely incapable of creating gear that sexualizes the male form.

Edited by Tatile

Hey Tatile,

Did CM team give you a reason for having a different look for the male version? I'd love to know why. Thank you :)

Edited by Ixum

Reputation Items

It would be nice if this was unbind at some point.. If we are max what are we get out of it. at lest let the points go to another reputation :mad:

Those are the only things we can sell to regular vendors. Not worth a whole lot. The purples being around 1.5k if I remember right. However, its one of the only things from the packs we can sell besides the companion gifts and materials.

Hi CM Devs,

Since I did not get a response posting this on CM suggestion forum, and I'm sure many people wants to know your response, this is about the Derelict Lightsaber size.

Well done on the awesome design but...Why is it so big??? my toon's fingers seems to be clipping due to its abnormal size, and if you notice the length of the lightsaber is the same as the derelict double saber. Is this intentional?

If not, I want to propose item scaling or adjust the size of lightsaber itself (make it slimmer and slightly shorter)

Thanks and looking forward to your response.

anyone else notice that a credit boon is shown as a possible award for doing the encrypted datacube mission from the packs, but not given as a selectable award? or did I miss this being posted in the thread due to skipping to the last page

anyone else notice that a credit boon is shown as a possible award for doing the encrypted datacube mission from the packs, but not given as a selectable award? or did I miss this being posted in the thread due to skipping to the last page

You're a little behind on news I think :p It was already added, then removed due to exploits.

dang, then they should at least remove it from the preview of the possible rewards

That whole thing was a very hasty, sloppy, ill thought out band aid to fix an exploit that imo wasn't much of an exploit anyway since it was usable only once per character and required leveling new characters enough to get to Nar Shaddaa (ie you can't just keep making an army of characters grab the money and delete; it took substantial time and effort to get there).

No bothering to try to replace that reward with something else that level 55 players could use, no updating the preview info. Heck they won't even change the XP boost to be bind to legacy so we can at least send it to our alts.

The whole thing was just not thought out very well or tested very extensively prior to publish because they should have looked for exploits like that. The knee jerk reaction 'fix' taking something away without replacing it with something else or making it very clear in the desc that you know longer get that reward was not handled very well either.

I realize this is going to tick some people off and call it QQ or whatever. That's fine. People can think what they want. I'm usually pretty tolerant of changes and I really don't like complaining about this game but the whole removing credit booms from the datacubes was handled very, very poorly in my humble opinion.

While plenty of these cartel items - armors, crystals etc, mostly - are an enjoyment, would be much more enjoyable to feel that you are able to first make things such as the server transfers work, or address issues such as server lags, before bringing an overpriced cartel pack after another. We still pay for this game (well, many of us do), and perhaps I'm just sol with my login times or whatever, but lately even the basic things haven't always worked nowhere near properly... but yay, at least we have more cartel packs!

While plenty of these cartel items - armors, crystals etc, mostly - are an enjoyment, would be much more enjoyable to feel that you are able to first make things such as the server transfers work, or address issues such as server lags, before bringing an overpriced cartel pack after another. We still pay for this game (well, many of us do), and perhaps I'm just sol with my login times or whatever, but lately even the basic things haven't always worked nowhere near properly... but yay, at least we have more cartel packs!

Different devs. Doesn't work like that. You can't tell your CM devs to halt progress on a new pack, google how to make server transfers happen (because they have no idea) and make it happen.

The amount of worthless crap fluff included in the Archon set, just to provide a greater range of RNG to screw people with, like the Huttball armors, and the worst offender of the Ulgo costume, has caused me to stop buying cartel packs entirely. I'll just get what I want off the GTN.

Soo... One question. Why did you bother adding a chair if you were going to make it useless to role-players by making it a 10 second animation? I mean, do you seriously think anyone else but the roleplaying community is going to care about a chair?

QFT

In fact, this needs its own thread.