Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Here is something else Bioware has never considered. Us Military folk.

Imagine getting SWTOR playing it for a bit before getting deployed, while deployed you still keep an active subscription and when you actually get to play between missions which is very limited you find out that you don't get free time because you just don't have the time to play.

Nice way for Bioware to screw it's military customers getting shot at.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. The cluelessness of casuals will never cease to amaze me. gg, as always, casuals.

I'll attempt to explain one last time using CAPITAL LETTERS more OFTEN to EMPHASIZE IMPORTANT POINTS.

This PROMOTION is NOT about DEVOTION. It was originally an APOLOGY to HARDCORE PLAYERS who PAID for SUBSCRIPTION TIME that was NOT USED due to the LACK of content at level 50.

I do not think I could possibly make this at all easier to comprehend. They are trying to give a little back to the players who put in money and were very quickly paying bioware to stand around on the fleet doing nothing or not logging in at all.

I'm just having difficulties figuring out why there are people who don't understand this. Their incomprehension is incomprehensible for me.

Origonal post re-edited for different perspective in White

So the Promotion was Intended for cry babies maybe?

I guess a one time freebie is ok but next time they deserve a spanking for eating all their halloween candy in one night.

SO, you are acting like a Cry Baby, because the other guy got something and you didn`t. That`s ok... you get a lil` pet.

I'll attempt to explain one last time using CAPITAL LETTERS more OFTEN to EMPHASIZE IMPORTANT POINTS.

This PROMOTION is NOT about DEVOTION. It was originally an APOLOGY to HARDCORE PLAYERS who PAID for SUBSCRIPTION TIME that was NOT USED due to the LACK of content at level 50.

I'm just having difficulties figuring out why there are people who don't understand this. Their incomprehension is incomprehensible for me.

Hardcore =grinder= no lifer=poopsocker often without life job or family or at the expense of life job or family

Mashes through content as fast as they can to impress their imaginary internet friends

Then spends time whining there is nothing to do because they have neglected the sunlight to pump through end game, Bioware recognizes that poopsockers are needed because the hardcore is probably more likely to stay then the casual. A dummy (free game time)is then given to the poopsocker to quieten the crying.

Person writing this post cannot comprehend casuals questioning this move due to not seeing the sunlight in soo long.

There fixed it for you.. casuals may now understand your post better as it is now written in such a way they may understand.. hope this helps.. though I do personally think there was more too it

Man. The cluelessness of casuals will never cease to amaze me. gg, as always, casuals.

I do not think I could possibly make this at all easier to comprehend. They are trying to give a little back to the players who put in money and were very quickly paying bioware to stand around on the fleet doing nothing or not logging in at all.

Oh we comprehend:Playing through a game as fast as you can is some how superior,which is dumb.

That standing in a game and doing nothing should be rewarded, even though its dumb.

SO, you are acting like a Cry Baby, because the other guy got something and you didn`t. That`s ok... you get a lil` pet.

Oh boy look who is back from writting his lil game guide " How to play your game My way"

I'm not concerned with the free month,or a pet

I do like picking on certain people in this thread though,just to rattle their behind so they can come up for air and rear their lil heads.

Seems to be working too.

Edited by CygnusMX

Another child with no life... why don't you go ask your mom to buy you more hot pockets.

Another child with no life... why don't you go ask your mom to buy you more hot pockets.

Pro! I applaud thee, but you need to include Red Bull or Mt Dew, of course the Game Fuel flavor, with the pictures of Halo on the can.

Even if this were the case (I don't see BW stating anything about an apology to "hardcore players" anywhere...hmm...nope), that doesn't make it in any way right. Nor do your capital letters.

Myself, I find it amazing that you can't for just a few seconds put yourself in the shoes of someone other than yourself.

Oh boy look who is back from writting his lil game guide " How to play your game My way"

I'm not concerned with the free month,or a pet

I do like picking on certain people in this thread though,just to rattle their behind so they can come up for air and rear their lil heads.

Seems to be working too.

And seems to work, what, precisely? I already qualify for the 30 days. I already have my levels AND what I want at this time. I already have future goals and I am achieving them.

Rattle my behind? You have nothing I could possibly want. But I`ve got 30 days you might want to have too.. or a lvl 50... so, do, please, pick on me some more...

You fail to understand that the GAME is the deciding factor.. not a post on the Forum. :) . By all means.. post some more... you might not even qualify for the NEXT promo.

I think this is a reasonable post that describes a playstyle that appreciates writers, graphic artists,and all the hard work involved.

I've seen those that play like they have ADHD (as another poster described them).

They may as well being rushing the content on their own because they act as if you dont exist.

My other take was "First play through take your time there will be patches,fixes (yeah I wanted antiailising my 1st time through).

So as I progressed things would be fixed ,content added and my 1st play through would be more enjoyable.

There are level 50s at this point that played and appreciated the game,story,art work ect Its fortunate that they recieved the free 30 days,But some are in a position as you described, shifted to into high gear and ran into this issue:

:

the other morning (at about 4am) I stopped. I asked myself a simple question.

Am I enjoying this?

Then I asked myself another question.

Was it worth it?

The answer to both was no. Bioware didn't make this game for me to spacebar spam my way to level 50. Each quest is a story unto itself. I tried to imagine how I would feel as a writer, watching a player spacebar their way through all my work. It would be a depressing scene.

.. because you are not trying to force YOUR way of playing ... not at all... at least try to remember your former posts...

Edited by Styxx

I do feel their promo thing is unfair. I played on the Beta with multiple characters. I pre-ordered the CE and got in early access. While still on the time included with retail, I subscribed to 3 months because I was liking the game.

Come February, between work and my newborn daughter, I seldom had time to play, so I'm still level 39, putting me out of their 30-day free promotion. To add insult to injury, I forgot to deactivate the recurring sub, so just 4 days ago (on the 18th) I got charged with another 3-month sub.

Bit of an unfair promo. I haven't *****ed about the game aside from reasonably discussing normal issues it has, I've defended it as BW needing time and players needing a bit more patience, many of these things are normal when a massive game launches. They have my money for a CE and 6 months of game time... and yet I am somehow a "lesser costumer" because I'm not 50 / Legacy 6.

In this issue, I feel burned. I deserve the 30 days of game time as much as anyone.

They are doing returning player promos, and free trial weekends, If they wanted to really compensate players who have subbed from the start, they shouldn't put arbitrary conditions on it, they should have given the 30 days to everyone who has an active sub since the game launch.

And seems to work, what, precisely? I already qualify for the 30 days. I already have my levels AND what I want at this time. I already have future goals and I am achieving them.

Rattle my behind? You have nothing I could possibly want. But I`ve got 30 days you might want to have too.. or a lvl 50... so, do, please, pick on me some more...

Actually I stopped useing my jedi because I dont want him to hit 50 for awhile, and returned to a lower level charactor to avoid level 50.

You fail to understand that the GAME is the deciding factor.. not a post on the Forum. :) . By all means.. post some more... you might not even qualify for the NEXT promo.

You fail to understand my motives for posting in here.I'm here to troll Trolls, thats all.

.. because you are not trying to force YOUR way of playing ... not at all... at least try to remember your former posts...

I dont see anywhere that I forced my play style on others ,& your trying to jab me with " I got mine you dont" attitude. Your useing the wrong ammo.

A few quick questions:

I have Legacy Level 6, but not a Level 50 character. Do I qualify for the promotion?

If I do, will I be informed for it in any way?

You qualify but to make sure:

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements:•Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code

no matter how bioware would have done the promo, there would have always been people who'd cry about being ignored. you can't do it right for everybody...

i missed the opportunity, because i reached legacy lvl 6 one hour too late...although i had matched the alternate criteria from the op....so what? i didn't save 15 bucks.

those wouldn't have convinced me to stay, if i had planned to cancel anyway...

if people are concerned about that amount, maybe they shouldn't spend it on games at all, but on something useful...

nobody has been forced to pay, so nobody actually lost anything...

not even in terms of in game ranking...as there is none. and if there would be, it wouldn't say anything about how much money somebody spent.

give it a rest already...

Edited by gorg_graggel

What really upsets me about this promotion is that I did buy the Collectors Edition and had it shipped to Australia so I could play at launch. However, I rolled multiple characters across different servers only to re-roll again on the Australian Servers when they were released in March. So while I have been playing since launch I don't have a single lvl 50 character, but multiple characters across multiple servers. So, I don't qualify.

Apart from that, US players have had since Dec to get to lvl 50 while Australian players have only had since march, Hardly fair at all. To be perfectly honest, only that I had already paid for a 6m sub, i would unsub over this. It just reconfirms that they do not care about the player base outside of the US.

If you qualified, grats, but don't think this was a fair promotion, as it was not.

It was a nice gesture to offer the free month time under their selected criteria.

Though I found it odd that they were promoting alts and legacy with the 1.2 patch, and then rewarded the players who had leveled a single character(to 50). Im sure I could have been at 50 if I hadn't spent my time leveling a 27ish, a 16ish and a 28ish I would have certainly leveled my main to 50.

Making alts seems fine, but I like to enjoy the whole storyline of one character type and then move on to another. Trying to follow multiple storylines on several characters becomes a jumbled mess

I got screwed by unexpected work and car trouble stranding me so I could not get to level 50 in time. Did i cry about it? A little, for like 2 seconds, but I will get over it with time.

The thing that I do not like is that I felt forced to rush my main and was spacebaring all the coversations to try and speed level instead of enjoying them. So not only did I miss the promo, I missed a huge chunk of the voice over story! In that way I feel cheated because I do not know that I would make another Trooper again just to see the story.

I dont see anywhere that I forced my play style on others ,& your trying to jab me with " I got mine you dont" attitude. Your useing the wrong ammo.

I am trying to explain to the ones up in arms against the "promo", why they are wrong.

Because, at its core, it is the player`s fault for not being there, not Bioware`s for running it.

The player also had some 10 days to rectify the issue.

Ultimately, I met the criteria when it was announced, so, sadly, you can`t troll me.

Feel free to prove I am a troll, or ultimately just live with the fact that you are a liar, sir.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll?s=t - down the page there is the urban definition.. you can also find it on wiki. Based on that definition, please feel free to prove I am a troll... or admit to lying.

The "Original" message from Bioware said the promotion was for "our most valued players". It didn't say anything at all about the missing PvP ranked season, the bugged raids that came out with launch, the lack of end game content for those that reached 50 within the first few weeks. It said "our most valued players". That initial post is what caused this huge uproar.

It's not about crying for a free month, it's about Bioware making a huge mistake and segregating their player base. People who have done such and such before X amount of time are "more valuable" than other players. Some people still don't seem to understand why so many were upset that first day.

Since then, the "reward" has been changed, along with the post on the website. If, from the beginning, the "reward" was called a "consolation", and if there was never a mention of one players value over another, then I don't think we would be having these discussions.

It all started when Bioware's message segregated the community, and since then, it has gotten out of control.

Edited by Airehn

I am trying to explain to the ones up in arms against the "promo", why they are wrong.

Because, at its core, it is the player`s fault for not being there, not Bioware`s for running it.

The player also had some 10 days to rectify the issue.

Ultimately, I met the criteria when it was announced, so, sadly, you can`t troll me.

Feel free to prove I am a troll, or ultimately just live with the fact that you are a liar, sir.

I stated that I was trolling trolls, no deception intended

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll?s=t - down the page there is the urban definition.. you can also find it on wiki. Based on that definition, please feel free to prove I am a troll... or admit to lying.

I wont respond with any offensive "terms" that can be dissected .

I'll just state we disagree on this topic of Blaming the player, there are far too many different player/customer circumstances,The argument is futile and will only lead to more insults and bickering.

Edited by CygnusMX

Yeah, I think I hosed myself on the free 30 days. lol I've been on this game since the release but I was bouncing servers too much trying to find one I liked. My main server I have a lvl 33, 31, 22, 13, 6, 4, 4 and that added up to only lvl 2 Legacy. I have a 25, 5, and 4 on another server and just a lvl 9 on a 3rd server. No free 30 days for meeee! :D

I have one day of gametime remaining and do qualify for this, just reading the fine print; "If the remaining game time on your account expires prior to April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT, you will be unable to login to the game until your 30 days of game time are added to your account. "... I hope this doesn't come into play for me, as I would happily pay for another 30 days and have the free time added after that rather than have a period of no access at all :eek:

Also, I just have to ask about your signature (out of curiosity, not trying to hate):

Forum Join Date: 02.27.2011

Game Purchased: 07.22.2011

Game Registered: 12.24.2011

First level 50: 04.18.2012

Why would you publicize this? Apart from the devotion shown by joining the forums months in advance, I'm at a loss.... my other stats would be:

Game Purchased: 03.26.2012 (SWTOR was only released last month here in NZ)

First level 50: 04.14.2012

And that was without "spacebar skipping", and includes a couple of alts... I enjoyed the storyline as much as the gameplay while leveling :cool:

Edited by cloverman