Top 8 Class Storylines?

Danniann

Hey I was curious to see what everyone's favorite storylines are. Feel free to place the 8 class storylines in order from least to greatest. As an example here is my ranking for the stories.

8.Jedi Counselor

7 .Smuggler

6.Sith Inquisitor

5. Jedi Knight

4. Bounty Hunter

3. Trooper

2. Sith Warrior

1. Imp Agent

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Warrior

2. Inquisitor

3. Agent

4. Bounty Hunter

5. Smuggler, Trooper, Knight (tie)

6. ....

7. ....

8. Consular

Sadly, most of the stories feel like they were written by two different people. All of them start out wonderfully, but then turn into something completely unrelated (and mediocre) when Act 2 rolls around. The exceptions are the Warrior, Agent, and Inquisitor stories, which feel like a cohesive story with a beginning, middle, and climax.

This is very much an opinion based question, but my order would be:

1. Knight: just very Star Wars, typical hero story but very well done. Also contains my favorite advanced class, Guardians.

2. Imperial Agent: where the knight has a very linear, predicatable (yet satisfying at least for me) story, the IA is much less predictable and the wider variety of outcomes is nice. Also has my second favorite AC, operatives.

3. Sith inquisitor: I like the come from nothing and rise to power sort of plot. It was, all in all, rather well done.

4. Jedi consular: I realize this story gets a bit dull at times, but it's really more politics/diplomacy than action and I think that's why it gets begged as dull.

5. Sith warrior: best part is antagonizing baras. Lol other than that, it is a well written sith story. Very sith-like. I can see why it's rated rather higher by most people, but I'm a bit of a sucker for good guy/happy ending stories. I did say my favorite was jedi knight. My dude is a light side guardian toom

6. Smuggler: witty like you'd expect from a Han solo inspired class. I'm not as into it personally, for much the same reason as warrior. I'd say that you become a bit too loyal to the republic. I mean the point is you're after credits after all.

7. Trooper: I was actually excited when I first made this class. After all, it's another sort of good guy/hero story. But after the first chapter it got a tad dull for me. Plus Garza is annoying, just to get to her office and serving under her. Ending (I was LS) was a huge let down. It does have the most heart wrenching decision in the game in my opinion.

8. Bounty Hunter: I think this rates lowest for me purely because I just don't like being a bounty hunter lol. It has the same problems the smuggler experiences too; just too loyal to the empire. My BH is a rattataki PT. He constantly faces racism (alien-ism?) From imperials yet is loyal to them anyway. Surely they don't pay that well. And unlike my zabrak sin, where I enjoy watching him overcome this bias, that's not really present with the BH.

Like I said I'm a sucker for good guy happy ending stories and that, combined with that it just really feels like star wars (not to mention, is in all likelihood the closest thing to a kotor 3 we'll ever get) make jedi knight my personal favorite. I'd say even if you're not fond of the story archetype you'd still find it to be the best pub story. The character I consider my main is a LS guardian tank which I find really fits the story well.

I've yet to finish 3 but my top ones are:

1. Imperial Agent

2. Sith Inquisitor

3. Sith Warrior

4. Bounty Hunter

5. Jedi Knight

My smuggler is super interesting so it'll fit up there nicely, but I get so bored with the Consular and the Trooper.

In SOR and Ziost, my fav by FAR is Sith Warrior. Followed by the SI, then the JK, and the Agent. There is nothing cooler than playing the SW through SOR. I think the story line is well suited for it, over the Jedi.

This is my approximate list. If I broke each down by chapter, it'd vary because on some, certain chapters were complete duds for me while others absolutely rocked.

1) Imperial Agent

2) Sith Warrior

3) Jedi Knight

4) Sith Inquisitor

5) Smuggler

6) Bounty Hunter

7) Consular

8) Trooper

Overall, Consular and Trooper just end up near the bottom for me because their stories just seemed so meh compared to all the others.

As I always do these things, there will be two lists: objective and subjective. I'll even include the "average" one:

OBJECTIVE:

1. Imperial Agent

2. Sith Warrior

3. Jedi Knight

4. Sith Inquisitor

5. Jedi Consular

6. Scoundrel

7. Trooper

8. Bounty Hunter

SUBJECTIVE:

1. Jedi Consular

2. Trooper

3. Jedi Knight

4. Sith Inquisitor

5. Scoundrel

6. Bounty Hunter

7. Imperial Agent

8. Sith Warrior

TOTAL:

1. Jedi Consular = Jedi Knight

(2.) Jedi Knight

3. Sith Inquisitor = Imperial Agent

(4.) Imperial Agent

5. Trooper

6. Sith Warrior

7. Scoundrel

8. Bounty Hunter

Explanations:

Jedi Knight: It is a very nice Star Wars story. It doesn't bring anything new and is practically Luke set into the historic Star Wars setting. Still, it is very enjoyable and immersive. It flows nicely and is overall fun.

Jedi Consular: This is perhaps the most divisive story of them all. Mostly because it is more of a background story that is VERY loyal to what a Jedi should be. It is very loyal to the Code(to the point I dubbed it "Jedi Code the story") but then again it is very heart warming because it is benevolent in a rational, smart way. It doesn't really flow that nicely and could be considered strange to some.

Trooper: Yet another divisive storyline. This one is because it is an action flick that actually requires the use of Intuition to put it together. Which is an odd combination: you wouldn't expect Poirot style of thinking in Rambo. And when people don't get it, the story turns out badly. Hint: You were always going vs Rakton. Ever since Ord Mantell. The story actually flows very nicely if you managed to put it together, but that odd combination, man. It really disjoints the story and it could've turned out more nicely if it were told as "Republic Commando" was told(Squad based shooter / RPG - ME?). It could be too simple to some.

Scoundrel: Fun if somewhat unnecessary story. You can't go wrong with this one, but it always felt somewhat forced to me. I even played Gray - Light II(at max), but it still felt forced. The flow isn't really that good and often you'll come across Deaus Ex's from previous chapters or what have you(Rogun being so shoehorned into the last chapter lol). The final confrontation is pathetic. Overall, it's a fun romp, but nothing more.

Sith Warrior: Game of Throes in space. Oh good lord! I mean, everything before chapter III is VERY GOOD, but the third chapter...so rushed, so forced. And say whatever you will, but in this story you are literally Vader: you are constantly a pawn and largely insignificant(unless someone whistles or comes to you). That's pathetic. The story flows...ok I guess(even if act III is jarring and visible from space) and it...really isn't Sith story. I don't like it very much, even if it is very good(and it is).

Sith Inquisitor: Third most divisive story in the game. Mostly because people feel the need to completely offset themselves either to the Dark(more common) or to the Light(less common) end of the spectrum. NO! DON'T DO THAT! It ruins the entire SI experience. SI should be played somewhat as Lex Luthor: you use every possible advantage you get. If you pointlessly murder or torture people, you are depriving yourself of allies or venues of approach. Still, sometimes it is odd if you don't just use people(because you should). THIS IS THE REAL SITH STORY. From zero to Dark Council. The story flow is EXCELLENT, but the story could confuse a LOT of people. And it seems it, unfortunately, did.

Bounty Hunter: A perfectly pointless story. Look, I love my BH and I simply have to find a place for him somewhere in Star Wars. Because he is by all rights a very cool character. But the story is...meh. I get what they were trying to do, but then I realised how much of potential was missed. You can tell BH stories in ME style or with less of Bounty Hunting(secondary options perhaps? Optional quests?) and more personal focus. Imo, BH's story was best when it was PERSONAL: Intro, ends of chapters, Quesh. But there is so much missed potential here. And the story doesn't really flow well and the companions are jumbled together. Scoundrel's companion suite is better in this regard. The only ones that shouldbe on the ship are Mako and Torian, everyone else should've been optional.

Imperial Agent: A perfect, high quality story that doesn't fit Star Wars at all(gee where have I seen this? Oh, look: KoTFE! Yet another A.Freed story). I mean, I can't fault this story because it is just so good and it has consenquences, excellent story flow, interesting circumstances etc. But the protagonist is...bland(it reallyhas NO PERSONALITY which is perhaps the most obvious when compared to the like of SI) and the story really doesn't fit into SW. When the SC says that "...the Jedi Council, The Sith Dark Council even the Emperor himself" are only pawns in their game of chess...no! NO! The entire(well almost) Jedi Council attacked the Emperor alongside with The Chosen One(JK) and they STILL FAILED. Like EPIC FAILED. What makes these...spies be able to influence those organizations and individuals? Just another Ernst Stavro Blofeld moment, meh. Still, it is an excellent story.

///

Perhaps later I'll do it chapter by chapter.

Edited by Cuiwe

1. Jedi Knight. Just because you get to give the Emperor a beatdown (on a dark side Force nexus, no less).

2. Imperial Agent. Just for how stopping Jadus in his tracks at the cost of millions of lives (and dark side points) showed that maybe the dark side does have a purpose.

3. Sith Warrior. Excellent conflict. It's all about doing the best (or the worst) with what you're given. You decide the way things should be, and you do it the only way anyone knows how when the charade of civility's discarded: through violence. You get to use the power the galaxy gives you as you deem fit. Despite all that, I do wish you could get light side points for not coercing the Republic troops on Nar Shaddaa into repaying your kindness by helping you against Lord Rathari, as well as for asking the Jedi Baras' spy infiltrated on Corellia to surrender her ('cause, even if you didn't have a plan for that, at least you cared to try).

4. Sith Inquisitor. Makes you feel like you're the center of the galaxy. If you're dark-sided, you start to feel like a mini-Emperor, though.

5. Trooper. It was fun to see a Chiss or Sith Trooper get deserted by all the other Havoc Squad members, just to take them down immediately thereafter. I wish players didn't get light side points for telling Fuse the only reason you saved him was to bring him in alive, rather than because you actually cared about him (even though I myself prefer stopping Colonel Gorik at the expense of his life).

6. Jedi Consular. Bland. Repetitive. I did like the contrast of having to deal with being weaker in the first Chapter, then gaining that Force strength back upon defeating Vivicar against the Inquisitor's MO of taking power that wasn't their own in Chapters 2 and 3.

7. Smuggler. Boring. I heard it had some wasted story potential on Balmorra, but it's been so long since I leveled it (and I hardly paid attention to any of the characters' situations by then) that I'm not sure what act of piracy they could've engaged in (nor do I care). Never leveling another.

8. Bounty Hunter. It would have been above the Trooper, Consular, and Smuggler, if it hadn't been for all its glaring grammatical flaws. Killing Tormen was fun, but I was disappointed by the fact that letting Jun Seros know he put Dorian Janarus' life at risk out of pride and petty vengeance was a dark side choice. The "Homewrecker" title was nice, too.

Edited by NekoAggelou

• 1 month later...
1. Jedi Knight. Just because you get to give the Emperor a beatdown (on a dark side Force nexus, no less).

2. Imperial Agent. Just for how stopping Jadus in his tracks at the cost of millions of lives (and dark side points) showed that maybe the dark side does have a purpose.

3. Sith Warrior. Excellent conflict. It's all about doing the best (or the worst) with what you're given. You decide the way things should be, and you do it the only way anyone knows how when the charade of civility's discarded: through violence. You get to use the power the galaxy gives you as you deem fit. Despite all that, I do wish you could get light side points for not coercing the Republic troops on Nar Shaddaa into repaying your kindness by helping you against Lord Rathari, as well as for asking the Jedi Baras' spy infiltrated on Corellia to surrender her ('cause, even if you didn't have a plan for that, at least you cared to try).

4. Sith Inquisitor. Makes you feel like you're the center of the galaxy. If you're dark-sided, you start to feel like a mini-Emperor, though.

5. Trooper. It was fun to see a Chiss or Sith Trooper get deserted by all the other Havoc Squad members, just to take them down immediately thereafter. I wish players didn't get light side points for telling Fuse the only reason you saved him was to bring him in alive, rather than because you actually cared about him (even though I myself prefer stopping Colonel Gorik at the expense of his life).

6. Jedi Consular. Bland. Repetitive. I did like the contrast of having to deal with being weaker in the first Chapter, then gaining that Force strength back upon defeating Vivicar against the Inquisitor's MO of taking power that wasn't their own in Chapters 2 and 3.

7. Smuggler. Boring. I heard it had some wasted story potential on Balmorra, but it's been so long since I leveled it (and I hardly paid attention to any of the characters' situations by then) that I'm not sure what act of piracy they could've engaged in (nor do I care). Never leveling another.

8. Bounty Hunter. It would have been above the Trooper, Consular, and Smuggler, if it hadn't been for all its glaring grammatical flaws. Killing Tormen was fun, but I was disappointed by the fact that letting Jun Seros know he put Dorian Janarus' life at risk out of pride and petty vengeance was a dark side choice. The "Homewrecker" title was nice, too.

Which BH grammatical flaws?

Edited by Cuiwe

from best to worst ? or worst to best ? lol

Ok...

8- Jedi Knight: For me , it's the most Boring story . Yes I know ! Many Love it , and the ''Most boring'' actually is a label for Jedi consular Story . But for me , Between the female (Only play female) voice acting that made me cringe (she just sound so....young and forced ) . I really couldn't connect with the story that i found way to over exagerated by those who love it . In the end I found it lacking and a let down when compared to Sith Warrior story .

7-Trooper : The only reason I played a Trooper was for Jennifer Hale Smexy Voice! :D but while chapter 1 was fun , it just become a chore and so boring . Military stuff are usually boring to me . But the story was a sleeping pill . But unlike Jedi Knight , the companions were fun . And wielding a cannon is SO AWESOME!

6- Bounty Hunter : I don't care for Mando lore and culture . I never liked them and never will . But I can role play as I play one . The first chapter was fun , then it went downhill . If it wasn't for that twist at the end , I would've deleted my charachter . Rattatki look awesome as a Bounty Hunter and mine was worth the Journey . Then there is Mako ! best companion ever....

5-Jedi Consular : This was the 1st class I tried when I joined . And while yes , it's boring . I did enjoy the 1st chapter . The companions are really nothing memorable . Well Save for Cedrax , that leech !!! Urgh . But there were good moments in the story . And I loved the female voice .

4-Smuggler: I find the Smuggler Story hilarious . And a fresh change from all that gloom and doom that seem to stick to force class like the plague . The voice for female was well done . It fit that bratty attitude . The dialogue made me laugh so many times . And the companions were perfect for the personality .

3-Imperial Agent: One and the only Story that has many ending if you work hard to get them . It's a well crafted story . It's stressful , it has alot of tensions and drama and suspence . Hearing FemHawke(or Ciri from The Witcher 3) is a plus , since I loved DA2 so much . And Sniper are a one hit killing machine of awesomness . Save for the fact as a female I couldn't romance watcher 2 or Kaliyo , there is little complain I can give . Even Vector grow on me and will try his romance in the futur .

2- Sith Warrior: Ah....the Story that make you feel like you are a prodigy but with a leash that extand forever . I played this Story many times and always Light Side . It's one of my favorite . I felt like my wrath was a Female Marr in the making . Only his opposite in the force . That voice was so good . While some of the companions I didn't care for (Quinn , Pierce , Broom ) , Vette and Light Side Jaessa make up for it .

1- Sith Inquisitor: Dark Side Nox . The walking Abomination . The sociopath roaming the galaxy . I cannot play this story as anything else . I rarely go dark side , but Sith Inquisitor story begged me for just that :D And that voice! A vilain purring litteraly lol . And The purplness is awesome ! All that Zapping ! As for companions , I only cared for Khem . Ashara was so boring . And Andronikos got on my nerve while on Tattoine .

Worst to best

8) Trooper! Okay, using that cannon, as said above, awesome! However, I just didn't find the story to be that great. It had it's moments tho for sure (all the stories do). While I did romance Jorgan (only option at the time) I didn't care for it and also...really...fur covered guy...meh :p I didn't hate him as a companion though. Jorgan, Elara and 4X were great. The other two, meh.

I put it at #8 because it's the one class I haven't been able to bring myself to run a second time through.

7) Smuggler! Actually had a worst story than Trooper but it did have some of the best lines in the game! Chapter 1 was great! Afterwards down hill. Last boss was a let down. Corso disagree with to much of what my Smuggler would do, that I couldn't imagine there actually being a romance between them (though one of the two did, dispite that :p). Loved the dual blaster using of the class though :)

6) Agent! I know it's many players #1 (or top 3), but to me, it's over rated hype. Again, it had it's moments, but not enough. The story had multiple endings, YAY, to bad the story was bad. Just didn't buy the Star Cabal. Also, I hated that I didn't get to flirt with Hunter. I didn't spoil myself on the story, so I got to be surprised by the reveal (which was more of an "Oh." more than a "OMG! I can't believe it!") but how would my agent have known? Should have given me a flirt option and then got shot down! I didn't hate Kaliyo until the betrayal. At least with KotFE I can like her again...on other non agents :p Agents should just know better. Vector just may be my favorite male LI, even if the hive aspect is meh (love the eyes tho). I liked Temple, but she was under developed. Scorpio I wish I could have destroyed right away (same in KotFE). Lokin...I wanted to see him Rackghoul out more when running with him :p He seemed interesting too, a bit.

5) Hunter! I might say Agent had the better technical story, but Hunter had the more enjoyable one. Except for Skadge, I liked all the companions. I think I would have liked Skadge more, if his terrible intro to the crew didn't happen. I wanted to kill Gault, but at least his personality had me go "Glad I didn't" Skadge's didn't do that, but if he got on the crew better, maybe I wouldn't have hated his personality so much :p Mako, Torian and Blizz where all win. :) Hunter really does have a crew you can see coming together.

4) Knight! This was a tough call between being 4th or 3rd. It's the hero story! Rusk was the only companion I really didn't care for on the crew. Though i wasn't a big fan of T7 either (just to much R2 :p). Had some plot holes in the story too when it came to who the Jedi Council would be okay with and who they wouldn't :p Loved seeing past Jedi show up at the end on Corellia.

3) Warrior! The anti hero story! I wouldn't play it dark side. Quinn's betrayal hurt! :( From an outside perspective I would think people would understand it, but I can see from how the Warrior may just want to kill him then and there for it (even if Quinn was basically screwed either way). One can just go with the idea that he made the droids weak enough to not kill the Warrior while knowing his fate would most likely be death. Don't care for DS Jaesa. Vette was a great sidekick. Broom was the worst of the companions. Pierce was fun, but I'm not sure I would have considered him for part of the crew. Loved the VA!

2) Consular! I thought this was a great story. Don't understand the complaints! This was the class that got a bit less of the great lines, but she did have some :) I checked out the male version on YT, the voice was terrible! I often wonder if that was part of the reason people say they hate the class :p As a female JC, Nadia really felt like a padawan, which was great, even if the JC is the same age, but comes out just being the wiser, experienced Jedi.

Even the way we become a Jedi Master rank was good. It was less "You earned it" and more "You've done great things, but you're still young, even if powerful and need more experience, but you're perfect for this job, and this job requires the rank of Master to appease them." Then you go off to prove how much you deserved it, without being the type who thinks they needed too :) You even get a great (still could have used a bit more story tho) last boss.

It's down fall is the first chapter really only makes sense as LS. If they made the infected Masters less "evil against their will" and more "What? No. I'm just evil because I realized it's the right way to be!" (like Braga with the Jedi Knight) it would have given more players the option to take a DS option. One could do the DS option as not wanting to sacrifice their own power, but it feels out of place for the JC.

Companion wise, I didn't hate Qyzen, but I didn't think he should be part of the crew. He'd be that alien friend you know does things wrong (like killing Wookies) but in part because of their alien society, but it's just not one the JC should really be 100% involved with.

Theran was great! Holiday was great! I loved them both! Even when Tharan broke my JC's heart, I loved having them both on the crew! :)

Zenith, I didn't care for and wondered why he was on my crew. Much like Qyzen, I can see him being a friend of the JC, just not a full time companion.

Felix, the sweet romance with a story that needs more exploring. He can be boring compared to other companions, yes. Him being the tough sweet man is my guess to why he gets the negative press. OMG! Maybe bad boy him up a bit when he shows up later (and he better).

Nadia! Love her as a padawan. We get to see her enough before we get her to make her interesting. She's naive, but part of her charm. Haven't checked out her romance on YT, so I don't know if I would consider it creepy or not, but I do know to many seem to play the JC as being way older than the story intends the JC to be :p The JC is late teens/early twenties. The JC is not just a few years younger than their Master :p

Really. I enjoyed the story a lot.

1) Inquisitor! Really is the best storyline. From slave to dark council member. Some really great lines. Loved the acquisition of power.

While not the biggest fan of Khem, I consider him the best of the "monster" companions. I've had him stay Khem and be taken over by Zash in my multiple play throughs.

I've come to not care for Revel's romance. Just seems to do a complete 180 when romancing from what we see the rest of the time. I do like having the roguish pirate as part of the crew though :)

Ashara is kinda...meh. She has some moments, but most of the time I wonder "Why is she with my crew" She could have been written better.

Talos is that companion that isn't great, but still fun to have along :) I don't consider him LI material, but can see why some would. I change up his appearance though to one of the CM ones I obtained, which I like so much more for him :) Wish I could use it on him right away, so the cut scenes start with it.

Xalek...sucks. Sorry. He's just terrible. Worse than Ashara. He's quite boring.

Inquisitor felt a little robbed in the end, but still loved the storyline, even if it could have used some tweaks to make it even better (but they all suffer that, don't they?).

Now, if only Shadow and Assassin Specs got a little more love in those Consular and Inquisitor story lines :p

1. Jedi Knight - The typical hero story, but that is really to be expected with the Knight story. It wouldn't be Star Wars otherwise. Despite being predictable however it doesn't get dull. The Knight also probably has overall the best set of companions in the game.

2. Agent - Lots of twists and turns, interesting characters, and multiple endings.

3. Jedi Consular - Underrated IMO, though my Consular was light side and female. I wonder if some of the complaints might be tied to the bad voice acting of the male version, or that the dark side path is not as well executed as the light. Light side Consular feels more like a Jedi than the light side Knight does. Knight has better companions though.

4. Sith Warrior - Fun companions, Darth Baras, interesting whether played as light or dark, and more scheming and manipulation than the Inquisitor storyline.

5. Smuggler/Bounty Hunter - These two are tied for me. Slightly boring class stories, but both are the most humorous of the playable characters. The Smuggler has more humorous lines than the Bounty Hunter, but the BH has a more fun set of companions overall.

6. Sith Inquisitor - A little disappointing in that the character loosely modeled on Palpatine never really comes up with any clever schemes on his/her own, unlike the Warrior, and fails to turn his/her apprentice fully to the dark side. Other than Khem, less interesting companions than the Warrior. Zash and Thanaton are less interesting than Baras.

7. Trooper - Boring from start to finish, with equally dull companions.

Worst to best

8) Trooper! Okay, using that cannon, as said above, awesome! However, I just didn't find the story to be that great. It had it's moments tho for sure (all the stories do). While I did romance Jorgan (only option at the time) I didn't care for it and also...really...fur covered guy...meh :p I didn't hate him as a companion though. Jorgan, Elara and 4X were great. The other two, meh.

I put it at #8 because it's the one class I haven't been able to bring myself to run a second time through.

7) Smuggler! Actually had a worst story than Trooper but it did have some of the best lines in the game! Chapter 1 was great! Afterwards down hill. Last boss was a let down. Corso disagree with to much of what my Smuggler would do, that I couldn't imagine there actually being a romance between them (though one of the two did, dispite that :p). Loved the dual blaster using of the class though :)

6) Agent! I know it's many players #1 (or top 3), but to me, it's over rated hype. Again, it had it's moments, but not enough. The story had multiple endings, YAY, to bad the story was bad. Just didn't buy the Star Cabal. Also, I hated that I didn't get to flirt with Hunter. I didn't spoil myself on the story, so I got to be surprised by the reveal (which was more of an "Oh." more than a "OMG! I can't believe it!") but how would my agent have known? Should have given me a flirt option and then got shot down! I didn't hate Kaliyo until the betrayal. At least with KotFE I can like her again...on other non agents :p Agents should just know better. Vector just may be my favorite male LI, even if the hive aspect is meh (love the eyes tho). I liked Temple, but she was under developed. Scorpio I wish I could have destroyed right away (same in KotFE). Lokin...I wanted to see him Rackghoul out more when running with him :p He seemed interesting too, a bit.

5) Hunter! I might say Agent had the better technical story, but Hunter had the more enjoyable one. Except for Skadge, I liked all the companions. I think I would have liked Skadge more, if his terrible intro to the crew didn't happen. I wanted to kill Gault, but at least his personality had me go "Glad I didn't" Skadge's didn't do that, but if he got on the crew better, maybe I wouldn't have hated his personality so much :p Mako, Torian and Blizz where all win. :) Hunter really does have a crew you can see coming together.

4) Knight! This was a tough call between being 4th or 3rd. It's the hero story! Rusk was the only companion I really didn't care for on the crew. Though i wasn't a big fan of T7 either (just to much R2 :p). Had some plot holes in the story too when it came to who the Jedi Council would be okay with and who they wouldn't :p Loved seeing past Jedi show up at the end on Corellia.

3) Warrior! The anti hero story! I wouldn't play it dark side. Quinn's betrayal hurt! :( From an outside perspective I would think people would understand it, but I can see from how the Warrior may just want to kill him then and there for it (even if Quinn was basically screwed either way). One can just go with the idea that he made the droids weak enough to not kill the Warrior while knowing his fate would most likely be death. Don't care for DS Jaesa. Vette was a great sidekick. Broom was the worst of the companions. Pierce was fun, but I'm not sure I would have considered him for part of the crew. Loved the VA!

2) Consular! I thought this was a great story. Don't understand the complaints! This was the class that got a bit less of the great lines, but she did have some :) I checked out the male version on YT, the voice was terrible! I often wonder if that was part of the reason people say they hate the class :p As a female JC, Nadia really felt like a padawan, which was great, even if the JC is the same age, but comes out just being the wiser, experienced Jedi.

Even the way we become a Jedi Master rank was good. It was less "You earned it" and more "You've done great things, but you're still young, even if powerful and need more experience, but you're perfect for this job, and this job requires the rank of Master to appease them." Then you go off to prove how much you deserved it, without being the type who thinks they needed too :) You even get a great (still could have used a bit more story tho) last boss.

It's down fall is the first chapter really only makes sense as LS. If they made the infected Masters less "evil against their will" and more "What? No. I'm just evil because I realized it's the right way to be!" (like Braga with the Jedi Knight) it would have given more players the option to take a DS option. One could do the DS option as not wanting to sacrifice their own power, but it feels out of place for the JC.

Companion wise, I didn't hate Qyzen, but I didn't think he should be part of the crew. He'd be that alien friend you know does things wrong (like killing Wookies) but in part because of their alien society, but it's just not one the JC should really be 100% involved with.

Theran was great! Holiday was great! I loved them both! Even when Tharan broke my JC's heart, I loved having them both on the crew! :)

Zenith, I didn't care for and wondered why he was on my crew. Much like Qyzen, I can see him being a friend of the JC, just not a full time companion.

Felix, the sweet romance with a story that needs more exploring. He can be boring compared to other companions, yes. Him being the tough sweet man is my guess to why he gets the negative press. OMG! Maybe bad boy him up a bit when he shows up later (and he better).

Nadia! Love her as a padawan. We get to see her enough before we get her to make her interesting. She's naive, but part of her charm. Haven't checked out her romance on YT, so I don't know if I would consider it creepy or not, but I do know to many seem to play the JC as being way older than the story intends the JC to be :p The JC is late teens/early twenties. The JC is not just a few years younger than their Master :p

Really. I enjoyed the story a lot.

1) Inquisitor! Really is the best storyline. From slave to dark council member. Some really great lines. Loved the acquisition of power.

While not the biggest fan of Khem, I consider him the best of the "monster" companions. I've had him stay Khem and be taken over by Zash in my multiple play throughs.

I've come to not care for Revel's romance. Just seems to do a complete 180 when romancing from what we see the rest of the time. I do like having the roguish pirate as part of the crew though :)

Ashara is kinda...meh. She has some moments, but most of the time I wonder "Why is she with my crew" She could have been written better.

Talos is that companion that isn't great, but still fun to have along :) I don't consider him LI material, but can see why some would. I change up his appearance though to one of the CM ones I obtained, which I like so much more for him :) Wish I could use it on him right away, so the cut scenes start with it.

Xalek...sucks. Sorry. He's just terrible. Worse than Ashara. He's quite boring.

Inquisitor felt a little robbed in the end, but still loved the storyline, even if it could have used some tweaks to make it even better (but they all suffer that, don't they?).

Now, if only Shadow and Assassin Specs got a little more love in those Consular and Inquisitor story lines :p

Everyone keeps saying that Nolan did a subpar work on Consular VO, but no one says what it is he has done wrong. I can think of a few things(mostly those catchphrases in the exploration quests), but I found him to be just how a Consular should be: Calm, serene, tranquil, wise. Because going by monickers such as "mr.Valium" etc, Picard would get one as well. But I agree that there should've been more situations like Yuon Par's illness in the end of Prologue. Then again, there are people that don't get visibly upset even against most terrible of circumstances.

Hey I was curious to see what everyone's favorite storylines are. Feel free to place the 8 class storylines in order from least to greatest. [...]

Hmmm... I'll bite. May have some Spoilers here and there, so read at your own risk. ;)

From worst to best, IMHO:

- Consular. Voice Acting seems always apathetic somehow, especially the male Voice Acting. I never really got a feeling the character cared for what was happening around him, which is very sad. it's a true pity, I'm pretty sure the actor did some extremely better works in the past. Whoever gave him direction overdid the "calmness" by a lot. The story also starts very slow and begins to actually involve something other than the Jedi Order really late - which is all nice and good, but not in a time of war, like in the specific game setting we are into. Sure, the plot twists are all very interesting, but... Those are the spikes of interest that got me to play the story once as M and once as F. No more, though.

Companions didn't help either, at least in my case. Nadia and the Trandoshan are interesting, especially because of how they explain themselves to you during dialogues, but the other three... An overenthusiastic tech, a mindwrecked soldier and a bloody assassin? I don't see a reason why the three of them would even look at each other without homicidal instincts, let alone cooperate. :p

- Smuggler. As sad as it is, when playing my Smugglers I felt they overdid the jokes. The first 3-4 times the character pulls out a joke, catchphrase, nickname or whatever, well, it is fun, but it gets to the point of saturation very fast. And after that it becomes annoying, at least as far as I'm concerned. Plus, the story is very dull... Item delivery is all nice and good for a Smuggler, but the whole Republic affair that comes after is very forced. I'd rather pull a plan of my own than become a privateer, in that same situation. Especially if becoming a privateer somewhat enlarges the list of ppl that want me dead. That said, played it once as M, once as F. Not doing it again.

The Companions are not great here either. The Mando and the Wookie are really the only two worth their place, if you ask me. Sure, the failed Jedi is fun, but gets old fast just like the Playing Character. The fallen princess and the gentleman however are just something I'd rather say goodbye forever to. :rolleyes:

- Trooper. I enjoyed the whole elite squad feeling throughout it, but half of the time it felt somewhat forced to call yourselves a squad, especially when it's 3 ppl or less... That said, the mix between story writing, VA and the charisma of enemies and (some) allies made it a satisfying one to play through to the end more than once.

The Companions mix together nicely, although Tanno Vik comes out as extremely out of place... None of the others would have anything to do with him, if they had a choice, and as a result it feels like his presence is forced.

- Imperial Agent. I liked the feeling of closure it brought after playing all the other class stories, as it sheds a lot of light on events that were underdeveloped or merely mentioned in those. However, as much as a secret agent is a great character to play, the lack of personality the character itself transmitted to me made it less entertaining than it could have been. Most of the time, I felt like a flesh and bones droid. This began to change after the second chapter of the old Vanilla story, but by then you pretty much have played more than 3/4 of the "old" game itself, so it blooms very late. However, the fact the story is so interesting and filled with mysteries made it much more enjoyable than Consular's. Pretty much, one blooms late in terms of story, the other one in terms of Playing Character development.

Companions are all very interesting, but so varied they don't really give me a feeling of "crew". Which makes it harder to switch from one to another as a result, at least as far as I'm concerned. :o

- Bounty Hunter. I really liked the feeling of the story, beginning like a lowlife gun for hire and refining yourself to become one of the deadliest Bounty Hunters in the galaxy. What I disliked, however, was how independence was forced out of any option after a certain point. Sure, at the beginning you need those Imperial works to earn credits and fame, but after you win the Great Hunt and even more after you become Mandalorian, it feels somewhat weird to keep getting entangled in Imperial affairs as an independent. On a RP perspective, no matter what alignment my BHs had, they'd have refused to meddle with half the Imperial jobs and would have required a much better deal out of the other half, if only because of their love for freedom and independence... Plus, being framed to spark war between Republic and Empire? Really? That was so weak it didn't made sense. I understand the whole "revenge, sweet revenge" feeling that what happens at that point is supposed to spark in the player, and that's all nice and good, but that particular reason as to why the Republic hates you is literally out of any reasonable motivation. Still a very nice story though, I ran through it 3 times already, and have a 4th BH going.

Companions mix very well, although Skadge would need a better way to join your team, because as it is now it's very forced, and as a result he feels out of place. :o

- Sith Warrior. it's a very nice story, and I love the way the character is developed, although TBH the whole "Emperor's Wrath" plot device seems rather forced... That said, it has some of the most satisfying bosses to defeat, and the final one is one I wish I had a chance to fight more often, only for the satisfaction of kicking his (fat) rear. :D

That said, the Companions are interesting, but not superb. Vette and Jaesa (both LS and DS) are really the gems, but the rest is neglectable, as they are all too fixated on their ideas, without any development whatsoever, with an important distinction. Quinn is also a very well-written character, but the plot devices he's subjected to make him a less than perfect choice after a certain part of the story. ;)

- Jedi Knight. Canon movie-like story, but epic nonetheless. No need to say more.

Companions are a nice mix and match, but while Doc and his jokey attitude can fit (somehow) in a very serious Knight's crew, Sergeant Rusk seems somewhat out of place. IMHO, he'd be a better demolitionist fit for Havoc Squad than Tanno Vik, but for a Jedi Knight... I'm less than impressed. :rolleyes:

- Sith Inquisitor. My favourite, from zero to hero. I simply can't get enough of this. I've finished 4 Inquisitors (2M, 2F) and felt they were all appropriate for what they did throughout the story. Playing it 100% LS or DS felt reductive however. Being pragmatic is the most satisfying way, if you ask me.

Companions are all great, with one sad exception. Andronikos is all nice and good as an NPC, but having him join your crew feels somewhat inappropriate. Why would a Sith, of all things, hire a pirate to fly his ship? Even the most anonimous Imperial Pilot would be a better fit for that role, especially if said Sith has grandeur aspirations... And the fact he's the Female Love Interest is extremely unsatisfying aswell, so much so that I only had one of my female SI romance him for the sake of completion. Couldn't bear to do it twice, as it felt really awkward. :D

1) Imperial Agent - Its just so drama and has the best story with lost of plot twists. Companions are great too, the closest to a meh companion is Lorkin and he is still cool. Plus Kaylio and Scorpio play really important roles in KOTFE so being an agent again adds to the drama

2) Bounty Hunter - has the best companions and they just make traveling the galaxy and killing your way through the story great

3) Jedi Knight - its the most " Kotor 3" story but the character itself can seem like a nerd at times. Companions range from being amazing to being totally dull for the JK

4) Sith Warrior - Very much the mirror of the Jedi knight just not quite as important. Also the companions are amazing, just slightly less cool than Bounty Hunter Companions

5) Smuggler - It pains me how bad the story actually is for the smuggler as my Scoundrel is my main. Though even with the terrible story it manages to make up for it by having some of the funniest dialogue

6) Trooper - probably the least star warsy story but its also really kick ***. Its all about revenge and all the companions feel like a cohesive unit ( a feat i feel only Smuggler and Bounty Hunter accomplish as well)

7) Inquisitor- its not bad by any stretch, its just not quite as engaging as the others. Companions are a bit mixed, some are really cool, some just aren't quite right and one is totally lame ( looking at you Talos)

I have yet to play JC yet, so i cant rank it, will be starting it soon so any advice for that class feel free to let me know!

Everyone keeps saying that Nolan did a subpar work on Consular VO, but no one says what it is he has done wrong. I can think of a few things(mostly those catchphrases in the exploration quests), but I found him to be just how a Consular should be: Calm, serene, tranquil, wise. Because going by monickers such as "mr.Valium" etc, Picard would get one as well. But I agree that there should've been more situations like Yuon Par's illness in the end of Prologue. Then again, there are people that don't get visibly upset even against most terrible of circumstances.

When I say terrible, I just mean boring. I also listened to the male Hunter on YT and thought his voice seemed out of place with BT1.