Unsubbed, PVP is bad

Vsagoulis

I did the huge mistake and renewed for 1 month after the free 30 days, and already cancelled and waiting for my subscription time to end. I never even login anymore or rage-logout when i meet with all the bugs.

I agree with all the people quitting, raging or not, they are all right. And people who say "good riddance" and whatnot, are one more reason for others to quit, because you will just be left with those people.

Game is really in an ALPHA version, not even beta, half of things work, half of the others are unbalanced.

I have a 50 mara, 45 operative, and twink assassin, and trust me, mara is just lame with all the ability lags, operative can no longer kill a twink who has 1 heal skill, and assassin same as mara.

Good luck at all 50s who have nothing to do anymore, especially the BM ones who run around Illum to meet 1 enemy an hour. (or a full zerg if you are repub)

Edited by Notannos
discussion of moderation

Well I'm not one of the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" people, but lord knows this game is FULL of them and FULL of forum trolls and elitists. I am actually pretty put off by this community.....more than any other mmo I've played in the last 15 or so years. I am also VERY put off by the forum police closing threads so often.

Thats not the kind of damage control they need. Silencing their customers does not make the problems go away, and this game has many right now.

Time....that is all that's needed here. Just some time. Things will be better, but rome wasn't built in a day ya know?. :) I'm sorry you've gotten frustrated to the point of leaving the game. I hope you will give it another look in 6-12 months and see if it has improved enough to be worthy of your $15 per month. I too am dancing with the idea that I may leave for 6-12 months while they correct some of the frustrations that exist in game. Many imbalances and many things that simply don't make sense or don't work properly, too much lag and/or ability delay, too many restrictions on some abilities and builds while there aren't enough on others.

I'm trying to stick it out right now....but I really am toying with leaving. So many things I get irritated with that.....one can't help considering their money may be better spent elsewhere....

In b4 closing of thread?:confused:

I'm starting to get the feeling that all these people posting that they are fed up and leaving are all Blizzard employees trying to get their players back.... you know what I look forward to GW2 I can't wait to see all the GW2 cry baby posts about "wow this game was a disappointment came out of beta too soon " waaaah I know they're gunna be people doing it because you people can't wait for the game to fix it's problems Edited by Drmedic

I'm starting to get the feeling that all these people posting that they are fed up and leaving are all Blizzard employees trying to get their players back.... you know what I look forward to GW2 I can't wait to see all the GW2 cry baby posts about "wow this game was a disappointment came out of beta too soon " waaaah I know they're gunna be people doing it because you people can't wait for the game to fix it's problems

so you're saying the pvp is that good no one is leaving? lmfao

To the original poster. I will not defend the game mindlessly, and I am not as hooked as I was with some other MMOs at the start. With that being said...your statement about the game being in Alpha is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. I cannot think of another MAJOR MMO that was as bug free for me, and I am lvl 50, and have played 3 other classes into the 20s to fart around.

If you are complaining about the problems with Ilum PVP, fine. That stuff will be fixed to serve the community. Maybe I am absolutely incredibly lucky with my AVERAGE system specs. I haven't played all of the BIG MMOs, but EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Age of Conan, Lineage...alllllllllll of them had "issues" in the beginning. Good grief man!

Go ahead and quit if you are having technical problems that make the game too problematic. I may quit in a month or so If I don't see them making good enough improvements to the end game that will keep me interested. At least I am taking the attitude that these companies want to make LOTS of money, and the way to do that is to make game changes that will benefit the most people. If you and I end up in the minority, then so be it.

I'm starting to get the feeling that all these people posting that they are fed up and leaving are all Blizzard employees trying to get their players back.... you know what I look forward to GW2 I can't wait to see all the GW2 cry baby posts about "wow this game was a disappointment came out of beta too soon " waaaah I know they're gunna be people doing it because you people can't wait for the game to fix it's problems

And I will be sooooo happy that individuals like you will NOT be in GW2 while I enjoy the heck out of that game. My entire paycheck says it will be much smoother with far less bugs then this game.

I think it would be a different story if people just made a thread saying 'i dont like when X happens, so I've unsubbed'.

Instead they go on and insult the developers, insult the other players, and insult the game in general which of course is going to make a lot of people mad and cause them to click the 'report' button.

i'm not a blizzard employee. i am a HUGE STAR WARS fun and bought the collector's edition of the game. big mistake, yes i know, you are right.

if you had any chance to play Blade and Soul you would understand how badly this game sucks.

then again, playing any other mmo at the moment shows the flaws of SWTOR.

Time....that is all that's needed here. Just some time. Things will be better, but rome wasn't built in a day ya know?. :) I'm sorry you've gotten frustrated to the point of leaving the game. I hope you will give it another look in 6-12 months

The problem is within 12 months GW2 will be released (probably). 6 months and you might be playing in beta already.

As a pvper I cannot see the same team that already sunk Warhammer online giving people any reason whatsoever to come back to "take a second look". there is no second chance for a first impression.

Edited by mufutiz

...your statement about the game being in Alpha is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. I cannot think of another MAJOR MMO that was as bug free for me, and I am lvl 50, and have played 3 other classes into the 20s to fart around.

Yes, all MMOs have their share of bugs at release.This is true.BUT... Iv'e never played an MMO before that lacked so much common functionality, such as a working auction house, or a solid working loot system that didnt need to be on FFA for appropriate people to get their gear during HM raids..And forget about proper looting during normal mode raids.. it just isnt avalible..loot will be assigned/goto whoever the game deems, no matter the loot settings.

Not to mention the actual loot progression / table.. is that supposed to be a joke? A player has the option of running trivial 4man instances to get a full set of columi gear?? Seriously?? Why even have the 8man normal mode raids?And at that, about half the mobs in HM raids drop columi..so in a sense..im getting HM gear from 4 man instances if i want to..How could someone at BW not see how messed up this is?

Here's the way loot progression should work (and i dont even make videogames for a living):The Normal mode lvl 50 fps should drop non-set artifact gear < The Hard mode flashpoints should drop Tionese set gear < The Normal mode 8 man raids should drop Columi set gear < the hardmode raids should drop only rataka.Its a pretty simple concept of loot progression.

name an mmo besides SWTOR that had so many simplistic, common place functionality issues..and ontop of that, ofcourse is the common bugs you might expect to find in any mmo at release.

It's obvious the game is still in 'beta' phase.players are paying to play a beta.

polished release? Ever hear of it? =P

Edited by XaviourEQ

At the FSS Gabe mentioned Gear vs. skill In which he intended to have gear equaling 10% of an advantage vs someone whom was in pve gear. However the current gear is 15% more, consider its 15% damage increase, reduction and healing done meaning a 45% advantage for some classes. He also stated he did not want 1-2 shots of people however a fresh 50 vs Bm geared 50s are getting 2-3 shotted.

Match matching was supposed to take in effect gear/specs/premades, however it current does not, and no mention of if it currently or if will be added or not. With the match making he mentioned they had in place, it would prevent fresh 50s from being "fodder".

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/05/05/fss-2011-pvp-qa-with-gabe-amatangelo/

7 months later the game launches with none of this in place. If these systems were in place at launch, it would have fixed some of the issues in pvp.

Though its still sad to see all the kill/point trading going on so people can get their BM gear, and nothing on the part of Bioware being done to fix it :(

Edited by Brutem