Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

At what point are they going to make this game feel more like a mmo than a single player.

Every, and I mean EVERY MMORPG is exactly the same. You spend a lot of time doing quests on your own, unless you are social and make friends/join a guild. The only difference is that SWtoR uses animaiton and voive over. This TAKES the best parts of a single-player platform game. It does not MAKE it a single-player game any more than you make it while playing.

If someone is not getting the social experience out of the game while playing, it is more their lack of effort than BW's lack of programming.

And to echo the comments above, group finders do not make the game more social. You just end up getting in an instance, and not chatting with the others in your group. It is still a single-player experience, you just have more firepower to do it with.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a wow player and a Star Wars huge fan. I've never played SWTOR and bought it today.

I must say i'm really, really scared by all the negative comments on this forum, i hope i can have a little fun playing it.

you'll love it from 1-50.

after that, YMMV..

I'm a wow player and a Star Wars huge fan. I've never played SWTOR and bought it today.

I must say i'm really, really scared by all the negative comments on this forum, i hope i can have a little fun playing it.

There's always an abundance of negative comments on forums. Unfortunately, when people like something, they rarely feel the need to post about it here. It's mainly when they have an issue that they do that.

That said, take it all with a grain of salt :) You'll probably love the game, at it's worst, it's WoW with Star Wars flavor, and better graphics and story. And truthfully, it's better than that.

I would Love to see a Button that groups you with other players for flashpoints to save all of this faffing around in general chat

I agree with you. Seems all the helpfulness and willing to help from everybody is slowly disappearing as the game matures. Seems when the game initially began you could group with hardly any effort now it takes more time to get a group then to do anything. Kind of disappointing.

Sad attempts to calm the public - I love it lol.

Don'tcha just love a little conjecture in a box. ;p

Anyway. LOL. Loving the game and very much looking forewad to the next few months. Launch is just about behind us, and this is when it starts to get fun. This is when content starts flowing in, where they've analyzed our requests and the game stops crawling and takes its first steps. That's how MMORPGs go.

Going to be a fun few months comming up. Too bad our little friend here may have quit and will miss it all. ;p

Originally Posted by Lunnian

Well, the only time I realize that I'm not having fun is when I log onto these boards and read all the whiners complaining about the game.

The rest of the time I, and my guild, are having a great, great time and loving the game.

There's always an abundance of negative comments on forums. Unfortunately, when people like something, they rarely feel the need to post about it here. It's mainly when they have an issue that they do that.

That said, take it all with a grain of salt :) You'll probably love the game, at it's worst, it's WoW with Star Wars flavor, and better graphics and story. And truthfully, it's better than that.

Exactly.

wont be anything special as theyre NOT adding any new races to the game

Well I wouldn't mind being a Hutt as long as I could be a Jedi as well.... just think of that flat blob being able to do Jedi tricks...

looks great Bioware..keep up the good work. And just so you know...Blizzard pays these whiners to come here and help us all enjoy our day, so, I guess we should appreciate THEIR quality work and give them a round of applause for pitch perfect whining!!!

Oh yeah..and we also better tone down the super secret plot to quietly over-power all aspects of the empire forces and skimp the rebel alliance wherever possible (see complaint about rebel turrets...REALLY!!!???)...I think some of the bigger brainiac Republicans are on to us!!! Shhhhh.....

Be veeeeeewy qwuiet. I am hunting Webels!!!!

as negitive as I am and will continue to be I do find watching that guy talk about whats comming up to be helpfull.

I still wish they would actualy TALK ON VIDEO about what they will do to allow server xfers, cross server pvp etc... This is crazy how little world pvp there is due to server inbalances...

• 3 weeks later...

I agree completely:)

• 4 weeks later...