Mytag crystals(Artifice)

Sobur

What's up with the horrible drop rate for mytag crystals? Been sending vette and other comps on bountiful and rich mission sense launch and only got 4 of these. Course i got a pile of those worthless rainbow gems. Anyone else having a hardtime getting them?

What's up with the horrible drop rate for mytag crystals? Been sending vette and other comps on bountiful and rich mission sense launch and only got 4 of these. Course i got a pile of those worthless rainbow gems. Anyone else having a hardtime getting them?

I think they only come from one, non-discovery mission (and then only mission discoveries). I can't tell you the name atm, I am sorry. that mission is also not always showing up :(

It's not rich, I think it's marked as "bountiful" but it always brings some mytags.

I am having the same problem on Harbinger server, after a week of running TH missions I only have had two returns for a total of 5 crystals. Now I am not having the same problem getting the purple slicing mats that everyone else is, I've gotten 30 of those since Tuesday. The made a post that crew skills are not returning the amount of mat's they should so hopefully they will fix that in the next patch.

I just got 3x Mytag Crystals & 6x Rainbow Gems from "Tumbling Down" (Rich Yield) so it happens, just rarely. I'm pretty sure it has to be bountiful or rich though. Edited by Eugee

I have noticed, as of late that I seem to get consistant Mytag crystal drops off of the last missions I have my crew run after I log out. I have learned the trick of selecting rich deposits to pursue to increase the likleyhood of a drop but have had little success but, every time i log on for the first time, my last missions yield criticals. I send Vette and my droid on gem hunts and the next day I have between 3 and 5. Might be a fluke but I'll see tommorrow. It's been this way for three days straight. Good sign. :)

Just out of curiosity, what is the affection of those 2 companions. I have been running the 450 Treasure Hunting missions since the 2nd day of Early Access and to date I have only gotten 12 Mytag crystals, but have talked to others in my guild who say they have gotten quite a few and one guy who says he has gotten 50+ to date. Come to think of it, I had the same issue with the Corusca Gems at 400. I have 3 companions that are maxed out on affection, a couple that are about 1/2 way and 2 that are at about 1k Including HK...) 2V-R8 has the Treasure Hunting Critical sensor and I always send him on the Rich missions and the other 3 that are maxed out on any other Rich or Abundant missions, have spent countless credits to do so and have gotten squat to show for it. On the Archaeology side trying to get the Green Carbonic Crystals is the same damned thing. I have gotten a boatload of the Perfect ones but very few regulars (maybe a total of 40 - 60), even from nodes on Makeb. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Hopefully this patch will "fix" whatever the hell's broken.

• 3 months later...