How Does Everyone Play?

aliferg

In a neon pink speedo with purple polka dots, a feather boa, and a martini in close distance, which for a Hutt given my stubby arms means very, very close by. I spend a fortune on back scratchers...

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I usually run some Dailies/Weekly's to help unwind after a day of work. Then once in game mode, see what's going on in guild and/or General chat. I play all aspects of the game other than GSF, so I'm open to pretty much anything.

In a neon pink speedo with purple polka dots, a feather boa, and a martini in close distance, which for a Hutt given my stubby arms means very, very close by. I spend a fortune on back scratchers...

Dasty

That is a mental image I didn't need.:eek:

Dasty

Héh :) I do actually run around in the game in a pink speedo on my toon (doesn't come with purple polka dots though). I guess it does look better on a human male than on a Hutt

I kind of went through different phases playing MMO games. Star Wars Galaxies i did mostly solo content. World Of Warcraft I play alot of group content only for about 2yrs. Then I only played PvP in WoW for about 5 years. Now in SWTOR I play 99% solo content. Got burn out playing dungeons in WoW then switch it up and play PvP had a blast doing that but then Blizzard made changes in PvP when WoD was release which is when i stop playing PvP. I haven't done any PvP in SWTOR due to lag but Im able to do solo content which is what i play now. Edited by Wopr

This is how I play:

• I subscribe when there is new story content (or a bit before).
  • I play the new story on my main and then on an alt.
  • If there is a particularly nice new stronghold that I can afford, I buy and decorate that. But, most likely it will be too expensive, and so I will skip it.
  • Same with gear. If there is something nice I can work toward, I might try and get it. But, most likely it will be too expensive or gated behind something I don't play, such as ops. In that case I will skip it. Whatever gear I have will have to be good enough.
  • If they gate something I want, such as a companion, behind pvp, I will do pvp until I get that thing. I am sure my team is happy to see me in my crappy gear, but oh well, I will get the thing I am working toward eventually, whether we win or lose.
  • After that, I have a number of alts at various stages of the story. I pick one of those alts, and level the alt through the story until I reach the end of the current story or become bored with it.
  • Then, I look to see when new story content will be coming. Most likely, it won't be for at least 6 months. So, I unsubscribe until the new story content is released.

I just came back a couple weeks ago since last playing back in 2012/2013 and I am remaking all my old toons since the game has changed so much and since I lost some of their names due to merges.

I use to try to make all classes male Sith Pureblood to follow my Legacy tree/name but I am over that now. I am now trying to match the race to the voice, which isn't easy since I don't like most of the races. Wish the voice was locked to race because it would work out a lot better and make replaying alts more fun being that they wouldn't all have the same damn voice for the same class. Now I am making one male and one female for most classes that way I am not bored with having two of the same voices.

I am finishing up getting all the datacrons. I had all on the Imperial side but maybe half on Republic since I prefer Imps to Pubs. And now I am trying to get 100% on all planets also. World Bosses probably going to be the hardest part of that.

And now that companions don't get stats from gear like they use to I can now just gear them for cosmetics. And they seemed to have made it easier to get all the conversations for them also and now I've unlocked them all thankfully so don't have to worry about that anymore.

When Nautolans come out I am making at least 3 or 4 and I am going to twink at least one and just try to get 100% of everything with them. Going to enjoy the story and just play and have fun. Plus will probably join a guild around that time also and try and max my social which I've never gotten above tier two I think.

ez... cozing up on my single couch after whole days work, running around fleet with my main or circling through my toon to see what they are doing :D and if a guildie or friend invited me to come with them, then go with them to kill monsters (HM FP or OP) or bash some skulls (Pvp). And if nothing is happening then, lift a certain adorable fuzzball from floor and place in my desk and hear it purr... my day is complete. :)

I'm all over the place. Sometimes I'm just working on achievements, Sometimes working on bringing my alt of the week up to level. Run some Conquest stuff. De-decorate my strongholds and redo.

When I played MxO I just loved PvP, here I haven't gotten to it. Reading all the theory stuff doesn't help when you've become 'chicken'. I don't care about dying myself, but when my inexperience effects others, same with guild stuff. Since Beta I played with a friend but in last few years she's kinda lost interest and is looking for the next best game. I'm still here but, you don't learn tanking or healing etc with one other so yeah.

Maybe I've reversed answered the question, How do I NOT play?

Anyway, Mostly I play for the fun, sometimes for the social. I've been known to not move from a spot in hours, just busy chatting away without killing one single NPC. Fleet will never replace Mara C in my mind for just sitting and chatting.

It varies on time of day, stuff to do, how good my multi tasking is at the time, etc :)

Lately it was just getting all my chars to the end of the starter planets, to have a ship, get them to 70, and have at least one of every class ready for the new xpac. In between that, some gtn sales to keep the creds flowing, and a mad rush this week to get a guild cq goal thaat turned out to be higher than was expected....lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Raiding is my main activity (stable guild group and some pugging) plus soloing non solo stuff (to see if I can or to grind isotopes) and crafting. I haven't started a new toon in over a year but I've been doing some old questlines on the newer ones, like the shroud/dreadseed and hk (they happen to be some of my favorites). i also usually queue for gf fps at least a couple of times every week because I enjoy pugging and getting a small feel for the state of the game/playerbase. I haven't pvped in months - I've only been raiding really, it'll change when the expansion drops I imagine - but I stick to unranked when I do.

Anything and everything as long as it's not too repetitive. I have ADHD I get bored easily and change what I'm actively doing every ten minutes. Mostly group content though because I enjoy the uncontrollable environment and reactionary gameplay. PVP is pretty high up on my that list of activities.

Big story content consumer as well, but since we've had a shortage of that for years now, cant say that I'm that anymore for this game.

Edited by Kiesu

I play with my wife on the weekends when we don't have the grandkids. Latest has been story and main planet story only. We hit 70 on the planet before Corelia. Eventually we will get to the newest content. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in KOTFE since I hear that many of the chapters are solo...