Sentinels / Maruaders - OP?

WIZBASKY

Is it just me or are these 2 classes way OP, they hit so hard and can vanish mid fight WTH is that

I know every class can appear OP at the right time in the right group, but Maruaders & Sents seem to always appear to be OP.

I heard there is a Nerf coming to Juggs on SMASH, does this effect the DPS of these 2 classes as well?

Is it just me or are these 2 classes way OP, they hit so hard and can vanish mid fight WTH is that

I know every class can appear OP at the right time in the right group, but Maruaders & Sents seem to always appear to be OP.

I heard there is a Nerf coming to Juggs on SMASH, does this effect the DPS of these 2 classes as well?

If by OP you mean we can all do more single target dmg (using less buttons), then we do aoe dmg in a warzone on a sniper/pyropt? Sure they are OP.

If you are calling annihilation or carnage OP? Anyone leading dmg on those specs? Could do far more on other classes, including a sorc/sage.

Don't worry, you will soon get your wish and the only melee you will see in warzone's will be tanks. We all made the switch to pyro pt's/snipers a long time ago. All marauder spec's except rage are useless due to bubble stun/cleanse/player awareness that you are carnage, and we know it is going to get nerfed anyways.

Enjoy dying faster to us from 30 plus yards away! I say 30 plus yards because after playing a marauder/sent, pyro pt's are just too damn boring.

If by OP you mean we can all do more single target dmg (using less buttons), then we do aoe dmg in a warzone on a sniper/pyropt? Sure they are OP.

If you are calling annihilation or carnage OP? Anyone leading dmg on those specs? Could do far more on other classes, including a sorc/sage.

Don't worry, you will soon get your wish and the only melee you will see in warzone's will be tanks. We all made the switch to pyro pt's/snipers a long time ago. All marauder spec's except rage are useless due to bubble stun/cleanse/player awareness that you are carnage, and we know it is going to get nerfed anyways.

Enjoy dying faster to us from 30 plus yards away! I say 30 plus yards because after playing a marauder/sent, pyro pt's are just too damn boring.

Pyro PT's are ranged?

And you need to learn to work about bubble stun and stop being bad. Carnage is still good.

Pyro PT's are ranged?

And you need to learn to work about bubble stun and stop being bad. Carnage is still good.

With what? A pocket healer against pugs? Or 1 v 1 where the entire team isn't bubble stunned.

Do me a favor. Solo queue right now as carnage. Take a screenshot of the scoreboard. Get back to me.

You won't do this though will you? You most likely have a pocket sorc bubblestun healer, which gives you an on demand stun vs someone as carnage, playing against pugs which don't have the same.

Excellent way to judge a spec. Hell by that logic. Concealment op's are still a FANTASTIC class.

Edited by biowareftw

Pyro PT's are ranged?

I can work around bubble stun on my pyro, generally speaking (rapid shots + railshot ftw...or just flame burst, get distance, railshot), but how on earth do you do it with a sent/mara? I'm trying to think what I have in my arsenal, as I've just started to pvp with my sent for the first time in 12+ months (back when rakata pve was bis! lol). anyway...crippling throw. I don't think that will even puncture a bubble. how are you popping these things with your mara?

edit: per the op's initial question:

skilled players are kind of OP in any of the specs. however, the things that make a dual wielder OP are also the things that make him difficult to play: a whole quickbar worth of dcds: force camo, gbtf, saber ward, rebuke, the accuracy debuff (forget name), awe, 2 interrupts (leap + kick), proper stack management for transcend/xen/inspiration (well...xen for my spec). anyone with the proper muscle memory can be a beast.

now, from what I'm told, only focus/rage spec is easy to generate big numbers. I'll let you know how it goes, as I'm still in half recruit gear.

first impressions, however, are that it's extremely frustrating to try and keep anyone in melee range long enough to complete a roto. snipers are not really approachable. I would use camo to escape rather than attack one. I've been wrecked 1v1 by stealthies, but I'm still very clunky with those dcds, as there's so many that I can't put them on the same binds as my other toons. the other ranged classes will drop. the other mele classes will drop. basically, anyone who turns to fight toe to toe can be dropped. but most ppl know enough to cc and separate at this point. so it's frustrating to be a single target dps and actually complete a combo on a real player with 4m range limitation.

Edited by foxmob

I can work around bubble stun on my pyro, generally speaking (rapid shots + railshot ftw...or just flame burst, get distance, railshot), but how on earth do you do it with a sent/mara? I'm trying to think what I have in my arsenal, as I've just started to pvp with my sent for the first time in 12+ months (back when rakata pve was bis! lol). anyway...crippling throw. I don't think that will even puncture a bubble. how are you popping these things with your mara?

You can do it in a one on one with force scream/mstrike throw. In premade vs premade? LOL no. You are going to be chain bubblestunned and there is nothing to anticipate as far as breaking it, because they can click it off to stun you.

Like I said he runs with premades against scrubnubs without bubblestun, and probably pops his bubble to stun/gore combo.

The only way carnage is close to viable is if you have a healer to chain heal you during the "setup" which means the chain/stuns, bating stuns/filling your resolve, and even then half the time you are just sitting there doing jack.

A spec that requires full resolve/a dedicated healer to do anything is broken.

When did every sent/marauder decide to justify their scoreboard-chasing rage spec by pooping on carnage and blaming lawlerbubblers? You're rage because you want to be rage; any good carnage/combat is still wrecking people and putting far more individual pressure on healers than a rage spec is even capable of.

When did every sent/marauder decide to justify their scoreboard-chasing rage spec by pooping on carnage and blaming lawlerbubblers? You're rage because you want to be rage; any good carnage/combat is still wrecking people and putting far more individual pressure on healers than a rage spec is even capable of.

Again. Solo queue for a warzone and link the result as carnage/combat. If the server isn't even a pvp server? I don't care. Still waiting...

See, you're still epeening about scoreboards. You're having the wrong argument. I don't care that rage can do 20-30% more damage than I can--I play to win and I wreck healers and when I have a stun bubble of my own I am guaranteed kills. Rage is guaranteed damage, nothing more.

Get bubbled. Target enemy bubbler. Pop bubble. Leap in. ThunderPunch activate. Click off my own bubble. Bubbler obliterated. Bubbler ineffective.

This.

1. You need to know the general amount of damage a bubble can take before it pops.

2. You need to know when to range it

3. You're going to eat a few bubble stuns no matter what.

4. When a person clicks their bubble off, it's just as beneficial to you as it is to them. Probably more so now because you get more time with that cd up.

5. Don't be bad.

6. Massacre rapes.

7. Massacre Rapes.

please stop telling marauders to go back to carnage. My Sage & Commando would much rather eat a few smashes then deal with Carnage marauders out the ying yang again. Sure smash hurts but they are way more easily handled then a Carnage build.

Jenna'syyde

Crackroxx

This.

1. You need to know the general amount of damage a bubble can take before it pops.

2. You need to know when to range it

3. You're going to eat a few bubble stuns no matter what.

4. When a person clicks their bubble off, it's just as beneficial to you as it is to them. Probably more so now because you get more time with that cd up.

5. Don't be bad.

6. Massacre rapes.

7. Massacre Rapes.

1) you are afraid to even solo queue, because you get carried, yet call other people bad

2) You are calling people bad when you get carried in a group with bubblestun against pugs without bubblestun

3) I died laughing when the other "carnage is the best guy" said the way to kill a healer was with bubblestun of his own

4) you actually think team bubblestun is staying and must be living under a rock somewhere and are unable to read

5) making lists like this is stupid

6) the general amount of dmg before stun pops is pointless, since you can click it off

7) massacre spam comes at the cost of a group speed buff (30 stack), which is the only reason to bring a carnage marauder anyways

8) You can apply more pressure to a healer as annhilation (since team bubblestun won't exist), due to zero range charge interrupt, low cooldown on interupt and annhilate not hitting like a wet noodle outside a cooldown (massacre).

9) if you purposely pop a bubble with forcescream you just cost yourself a huge chunk of dmg as you don't stack crit and you don't have the autocrit buff up

10) people who talk about scoreboard "epeens" suck and are getting carried by their premade. I mean seriously how bad are you? If you can't put up like 300k with any spec in a solo queue, you must be downright horrible. Granted that is a little harder with carnage because it is a garbage tree...

11) Carnage marauders are not a great 1 v 1 spec (annhilation is), are a HORRIBLE defensive (node) spec, just as bad at ninjaing a node, and ALL THEY BRING IS DMG (besides mstrike which all 3 specs bring), so the scoreboard argument is quite valid. If they are poor compared to other specs/classes in this regard? The spec is not good.

Edited by biowareftw

1) you are afraid to even solo queue, because you get carried, yet call other people bad

2) You are calling people bad when you get carried in a group with bubblestun against pugs without bubblestun

3) I died laughing when the other "carnage is the best guy" said the way to kill a healer was with bubblestun of his own

4) you actually think team bubblestun is staying and must be living under a rock somewhere and are unable to read

6) the general amount of dmg before stun pops is pointless, since you can click it off

7) massacre spam comes at the cost of a group speed buff (30 stack), which is the only reason to bring a carnage marauder anyways

8) You can apply more pressure to a healer as annhilation (since team bubblestun won't exist), due to zero range charge interrupt, low cooldown on interupt and annhilate not hitting like a wet noodle outside a cooldown (massacre).

9) if you purposely pop a bubble with forcescream you just cost yourself a huge chunk of dmg as you don't stack crit and you don't have the autocrit buff up

10) people who talk about scoreboard "epeens" suck and are getting carried by their premade. I mean seriously how bad are you? If you can't put up like 300k with any spec in a solo queue, you must be downright horrible. Granted that is a little harder with carnage because it is a garbage tree...

11) Carnage marauders are not a great 1 v 1 spec (annhilation is), are a HORRIBLE defensive (node) spec, just as bad at ninjaing a node, and ALL THEY BRING IS DMG (besides mstrike which all 3 specs bring), so the scoreboard argument is quite valid. If they are poor compared to other specs/classes in this regard? The spec is not good.

1) you are a bad player

2) you are bad with carnage so you call Annihilation a better build (every single player with half a brain know that a Good carnage mara> any mara spec and a bad anni>a bad anni)

3) I bet you play rage

4)just because you are bad with a build doesnt mean its a bad build. I'm bad at healing with a Sorc but it doesnt mean sorcs are bad healers)

5) I know you are going to rage at me and throw pointless arguments that are not even arguments (just like you did in all your posts)

6) Carnage marauder is probably one of the top 1v1 build if...IF played by a decent or good player. Yes the burst can be easily stopped BUT again, a good player can set up at a proper moment aka NOT 0.5 sec after the opening when the opponent have all his cds

7) You are probably the only SWTOR player saying that marauders have a bad build and its a huge proof of your badness.

8) You are probably retarded enough to laugh at me because my english is not perfect

9)Your rage will feed my pleasure.

10) Umad?

11) you are probably the kind of cry baby that is going to report me for showing the truth

12) U still mad because you cant play a spec properly?

Edited by Philelectric

1) you are a bad player

2) you are bad with carnage so you call Annihilation a better build (every single player with half a brain know that a Good carnage mara> any mara spec and a bad anni>a bad anni)

3) I bet you play rage

4)just because you are bad with a build doesnt mean its a bad build. I'm bad at healing with a Sorc but it doesnt mean sorcs are bad healers)

5) I know you are going to rage at me and throw pointless arguments that are not even arguments (just like you did in all your posts)

6) Carnage marauder is probably one of the top 1v1 build if...IF played by a decent or good player. Yes the burst can be easily stopped BUT again, a good player can set up at a proper moment aka NOT 0.5 sec after the opening when the opponent have all his cds

7) You are probably the only SWTOR player saying that marauders have a bad build and its a huge proof of your badness.

8) You are probably retarded enough to laugh at me because my english is not perfect

9)Your rage will feed my pleasure.

10) Umad?

11) you are probably the kind of cry baby that is going to report me for showing the truth

12) U still mad because you cant play a spec properly?

Oh I guarantee I can play carnage/combat better then the two who actually think it is good. I can even lead dmg with it solo queuing.

They are probably the same idiots that said carnage was good before the changes (it was beyond horrible then).

Carnage is actually our easiest spec to play... All specs use ravage. Massacre replaces slam. Hell even rage is harder to play then carnage...because it actually requires 1 more button (leap/crush vs just gore). So combat is easier to play then what people call "smashtards".

As far as carnage being one of the best 1 v 1 specs in the game?

AHHAHAHAHAHA. No I won't make fun of your english, I will just laugh at that comment for the rest of my life.

I want to meet the op/hybrid sin/sniper who is dumb enough to die to a carnage marauder. Oh I kill them all the time in WZ's, but that doesn't mean much. I guess CC'ing someone through rebuke/cloak and not damaging them for 6 seconds is hard for some players.

I will say carnage IS good at one thing (besides blowing up bad players while rolling with a premade). Pve. It also happens to have the most braindead rotation outside of a madness sorc...

Is carnage now the "pro spec"? My god you people are funny.

Spamming massacre is almost as hard as...nm there isn't another marauder spec where you spam something. You would have to go outside the class to find another AC as simple.

Oh and as far as logic, you say marauders have no bad build, then say carnage is the best, then say that is proof of my "badness"... Makes perfect sense!

Edited by biowareftw

please stop telling marauders to go back to carnage. My Sage & Commando would much rather eat a few smashes then deal with Carnage marauders out the ying yang again. Sure smash hurts but they are way more easily handled then a Carnage build.

Jenna'syyde

Crackroxx

From what the info being passed around by the datamining: Smash and Bubble Stun will be nerfed and Carnage is getting a buff.

You know what they say about assuming.

You know what they say about assuming

Yeah, use your bubble pop to your advantage. DUH.

I never said bubble was staying in, I just told you to get good and play around it. Be a good player and adjust your play style to keep up with the meta.

Who is a bigger idiot? The idiot or the idiot that follows the idiot?

Didn't I cover this?

Did I say pop berserk? No. Massacre does a lot of damage though...

You mean the healer that just cleansed your dots off and killed your damage?

I'm not popping a bubble with scream just like you're most likely not popping a bubble with annihilate.

I dont' stack crit?

Says the Baddie FOTM reroller. You're the garbage one if you can't put up against bubble.

Yeah being able to pop gore and then doing 16k+ damage in it's 4.5 second window is not good. Does Annihilation do this? nope.

Oh I guarantee I can play carnage/combat better then the two who actually think it is good. I can even lead dmg with it solo queuing.

They are probably the same idiots that said carnage was good before the changes (it was beyond horrible then).

Carnage is actually our easiest spec to play... All specs use ravage. Massacre replaces slam. Hell even rage is harder to play then carnage...because it actually requires 1 more button (leap/crush vs just gore). So combat is easier to play then what people call "smashtards".

Spamming massacre is almost as hard as...nm there isn't another marauder spec where you spam something. You would have to go outside the class to find another AC as simple.

Oh and as far as logic, you say marauders have no bad build, then say carnage is the best, then say that is proof of my "badness"... Makes perfect sense!

LOL SAYING CARNAGE MARAUDER IS EASY WHEN HE PLAYS A PT! Flameburst! FLAMEBURST!

Oh and smash is FAR easier than any other marauder spec. It's literally retard proof

LOL SAYING CARNAGE MARAUDER IS EASY WHEN HE PLAYS A PT! Flameburst! FLAMEBURST!

Oh and smash is FAR easier than any other marauder spec. It's literally retard proof

How to play a Pyro PT:

1. If Railshot is off CD, use it, if not, Flameburst, Flameburst, Flameburst, FLAMEBURST, FLAMEBURST, FLAMEBUUUUUUUUUUURST.

2. Repeat 1 until the enemy is dead.

3. Always bring 2 or more healers, your class/spec is weak and you will need them to compete with these Arsenal Mercs and Lightning Sorcs.

Roflpyro and Lolsmash are by far the easiest specs in game, every blind, brain dead monkey with just one arm can play this and still have success with it.

I'd take a decent Carnage Marauder over one of those FOTM tards any day.

Edited by iphobia