Will we be able to give Commodore Pardax our crates and increase her influence?

wursta

Will we be able to give Commodore Pardax our crates and increase her influence?

Will there be a dialogue with her too like with Aygo?

Will our influence with her change the alliance base like with Aygo?

Hoping someone or a dev mentions/can let me know.

Yeah, I'd like to know about what's happening with Pardax and Aygo mechanically too. Is Pardax inheriting Aygo's influence? Surely we aren't starting from scratch with her? What about his Alliance Alerts? Do we need to complete them before doing 6.0?

I've asked this before and the we didn't get an answer. Now that the expansion is also out, I'm growing increasingly concerned.

I'd like to know as well as for now Aygo left beliving that my imps are fighting for the Empire when they're actually trying to help the Republic, so there's no point for them to raise her influence.

I'd like to know when Aygo will come back too.

Yeah, I'd like to know about what's happening with Pardax and Aygo mechanically too. Is Pardax inheriting Aygo's influence? Surely we aren't starting from scratch with her? What about his Alliance Alerts? Do we need to complete them before doing 6.0?

I've asked this before and the we didn't get an answer. Now that the expansion is also out, I'm growing increasingly concerned.

The expansion isn't out yet.

Typo on my part, somehow I typed "also" when I meant to type "almost."

Understood.

Still, I don't see much reason for concern. Just wait till the expansion hits next week. Chances are they will address it then because why else introduce that new character? I reckon they needed to do something first with the Alliance base before being able to take Aygo out completely or something like that.

If you play through the entire new story and then still nothing...well, then it's time to ask questions I'd say.

I'd like to know as well as for now Aygo left beliving that my imps are fighting for the Empire when they're actually trying to help the Republic, so there's no point for them to raise her influence.

I'd like to know when Aygo will come back too.

I'm waiting for it all to hit the fan with the opposite scenario, if Aygo discovers Republic characters are saboteurs and he's thus been fighting against the Republic without knowing it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Understood.

Still, I don't see much reason for concern. Just wait till the expansion hits next week. Chances are they will address it then because why else introduce that new character? I reckon they needed to do something first with the Alliance base before being able to take Aygo out completely or something like that.

If you play through the entire new story and then still nothing...well, then it's time to ask questions I'd say.

I guess I was concerned because I still have one Aygo Alliance Alert half way complete with my Sith Warrior. I was concerned about whether I will need to get it done before 6.0 launches or it will autocomplete, or if doing it afterward with Pardax would cause some different effect that was not possible beforehand.

I imagine that's unlikely, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 11 months later...
Been almost a year, she's still coming up to speed, still 1 and still cannot accept crates.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those cases where they had an idea and abandoned it. Kinda like how we still have mod stations even though they are completely superfluous now.

• Like 1

seems to me that is makes no difference what their level is

1 or 20 -- we have found out that it made no difference (or someone would have reported it in the forums)

I am not even going to worry about her -- just get crates for a bit, till I can get more real money to get my chosen favorite

2 companions to 50

and my new level 75 character isn't even bothering on ANY of them

Edited by Tashia

• 2 months later...
seems to me that is makes no difference what their level is

1 or 20 -- we have found out that it made no difference (or someone would have reported it in the forums)

I am not even going to worry about her -- just get crates for a bit, till I can get more real money to get my chosen favorite

2 companions to 50

and my new level 75 character isn't even bothering on ANY of them

they have to be a certain level to get the 'toys' for the Star Fortress fp's. Other than that I don't think it matters. You just get missions to hand in that give you extra c/exp, and some companion gifts.

I just assumned that when she took over, the influence would just transfer aswell. Even if not, I've hundreds of boxes just sittings there...lol /shrug

TBH, i think she'll not be up to date before our status as a saboteur is revealed.

This is my assumption as well. I assume it would just be easier to wait with her implementation until such a time (if ever) we get to announce the switch. It'd add extra variables to address if she starts serving in Aygo's capacity before that point.

I am wondering why it matters. You give your crates to Aygo, you get Aygo's goodie boxes, you raise Aygo's influence and get Aygo's treat when running heroic Star Fortress missions. For them to completely replace Aygo with Pardax they would likely have to make changes to the Star Fortress missions. If they did completely replace Aygo with Pardax then they would likely move Aygo's influence over to Pardax. If they did not there would be an outcry that we gave crates to Aygo to raise Aygo's influence and now have to do it again with Pardax. So, yeah, if Pardax did ever completely replace Aygo, which I do not see happening, they would move Aygo's influence over.

they have to be a certain level to get the 'toys' for the Star Fortress fp's. Other than that I don't think it matters. You just get missions to hand in that give you extra c/exp, and some companion gifts.

If you get them to rank 20, the mini missions each reward you a token for a Roche series speeder. The one for Hylo Visz is pretty sweet, all covered in Nar Shaddaa style holoneons. (See the vehicle sales dude in the main Alliance hangar.)

If you get them to rank 20, the mini missions each reward you a token for a Roche series speeder. The one for Hylo Visz is pretty sweet, all covered in Nar Shaddaa style holoneons. (See the vehicle sales dude in the main Alliance hangar.)

oops, that too, forgot about them.

Also the random dialogue from NPCs changes becoming more positive as you raise them up. The NPCs actually feel united in an Alliance if you get them all to level 20. Most of mine permanent state of disgruntlement. Since I used all the comfort quest items on one character just to see what getting them maxed out did. Giving the droid those items so he can repeatedly make them comfortable is easiest way to level them up. Once that comfort quest got them close enough I did a couple heroics to finish them off with the appropriate crates. Did that one 3 server, 1 character each. No plans to do it again as it requires replacing all those items the droid wants.

BTW Doctor Lokin is easier if you did the plague event a dozen or more times and have enough DNA to raise him up without having to give him all those medial items. I realized a couple day after the last event that I actually havent rejected him on one server. Need to do that to complete him (since they removed that unsolvable achievement of dethroning the king)

• 7 months later...
I am wondering why it matters. You give your crates to Aygo, you get Aygo's goodie boxes, you raise Aygo's influence and get Aygo's treat when running heroic Star Fortress missions. For them to completely replace Aygo with Pardax they would likely have to make changes to the Star Fortress missions. If they did completely replace Aygo with Pardax then they would likely move Aygo's influence over to Pardax. If they did not there would be an outcry that we gave crates to Aygo to raise Aygo's influence and now have to do it again with Pardax. So, yeah, if Pardax did ever completely replace Aygo, which I do not see happening, they would move Aygo's influence over.

Not necessarily. All characters that are now gone still have their associated influence rank. Therefore, even if Aygo leaves and his influence does not transfer over, nothing would change in that capacity.

• 1 year later...

Well seeing as the Alliance in it's original function is all but an empty husk by the state of the story now, I have my doubts there will be anything worthwhile, if at all, happening in terms of change in the Alliance base by now.
I mean, shortly before the Legacy of the Sith or during it (I don't exactly remember anymore, been a while since I played it on my main toon) you're asked to join one of the two sides, which you chose to ally with during Iokath story, and the Alliance stops to be a major force of the galaxy at that point, eventhough it remains a base of operations for the time being. And the last actual inside change in the base with Commodore Pardax was sometime during the Iokath story, which is quite a few years back by now.

Edited by Qua-Tari

5 hours ago, Qua-Tari said:

I mean, shortly before the Legacy of the Sith or during it (I don't exactly remember anymore, been a while since I played it on my main toon) you're asked to join one of the two sides, which you chose to ally with during Iokath story, and the Alliance stops to be a major force of the galaxy at that point,

You get three chances to choose sides between the Empire and the Republic (War on Iokath, end of Nathema Conspiracy, and beginning of Jedi Under Siege (5.10)) although only the one at the beginning of JUS is binding.  The choice to merge back into your original faction versus keeping the Alliance independent happens at the last part of the initial Onslaught story (6.0), just after you finish the Objective: Meridian flashpoint.  That's somewhat earlier than just "shortly before" LotS, since in between you have EoO, SoV and SoE to deal with.