Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Bodyguard Mercenary and Combat Medic Commando

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Class Changes: Bodyguard Mercenary and Combat Medic Commando
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tharianus's Avatar


Tharianus
09.27.2017 , 02:47 PM | #11
you nerf mando progressive scan for 7% but you do not nerf Kolto-Waves
seems legit.

Srsly BW Merc heals are on par with Sage right now in case of HPS.
Anyway Wandering Mend is an instant Heal while progressive Scan and Kolto-Waves are not Instant.

I do not understand the Merc Heal nerfs... + a lot of Merc HPS comes from Trauma Stabilizers and Adrenaline Rush....
The only advantage of Merc heals are the Defs at the moment - thats all. There are only a few Merc/Mando Heal Players who are able to pull over 10k HPS with this class...

Take those away and Merc Heal is screwed again congrats Biofail
Tharο
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

Qouivandes's Avatar


Qouivandes
09.27.2017 , 02:53 PM | #12
ok. thank you. ive read it in chat on fleet and in pvp recently and, tbh, wasnt about to ask there. I am a dps on all my toons (guardian, jugg, sorcer, shadow, smug, sniper, vanguard, merc,+1 sent). i try to stick with classes that can switch to another type of play, though. with that said, i suck at pvp, but looking to improve. in the past, i found it useful in that i could react faster to changing environments. however, some bad experiences had me out of that part of the game for a long time. glad i asked, though, because i was contemplating moving to a tank with dps gear to take advantage of good defense that could also produce some dps that wouldnt have me yelled at in chat.

i did have a chest beating moment this weekend, though, when i nearly made 1million damage points in an alderaan match. however, back to the topic. I may go ahead and make another healer just to PvP. i like a challenge.
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

ultimarb's Avatar


ultimarb
09.27.2017 , 03:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
you nerf mando progressive scan for 7% but you do not nerf Kolto-Waves
seems legit.

Srsly BW Merc heals are on par with Sage right now in case of HPS.
Anyway Wandering Mend is an instant Heal while progressive Scan and Kolto-Waves are not Instant.

I do not understand the Merc Heal nerfs... + a lot of Merc HPS comes from Trauma Stabilizers and Adrenaline Rush....
The only advantage of Merc heals are the Defs at the moment - thats all. There are only a few Merc/Mando Heal Players who are able to pull over 10k HPS with this class...

Take those away and Merc Heal is screwed again congrats Biofail
***? every moron is capable of healing more than 10k with mando/merc healer. in 4.x you had encounters with spikes with about 9k-11k XD

ultimarb's Avatar


ultimarb
09.27.2017 , 03:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I think that either you want to consult the dulfy guide on your class or take a look a the dtps statistics for your team, all healers in all combinations will be able to easily still clear hard mode content. I know people were complaining about the same things after the Sorc nerfs, a few days later two Sorc healers clear Brontes showcasing that everyone worried for nothing.

Hardmode isn't supposed to be super easy, it's true that you will be needing to consider how you use your abilities quite a bit more after these changes, but do not worry too much, the HPS nerfs aside, all healing classes are doing far more HPS than needed for HM content.
the only kill vid i've seen so far from brontes nim after 5.0 which was legit is failures...all others had some bunnyhopping tanks...so no problem doing that with nerfed heals

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
09.27.2017 , 03:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
NERF skank-tank's guard pls! Skank tanks are ruining pvp by being able to dps nearly the same as dps soec but also to save group members by guarding everyone and having decent survivability! This is ugly((
how exactly do they "guard everyone"? guard is on 1 player for me, does it work differently for you or are you just hyperbolling again?

krosswong's Avatar


krosswong
09.27.2017 , 03:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
how exactly do they "guard everyone"? guard is on 1 player for me, does it work differently for you or are you just hyperbolling again?
Too bad guard can't be swapped to different players situationally.... /sarcasm
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

Torvai's Avatar


Torvai
09.27.2017 , 03:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Skank = Tank with dps gear
This apply mainly in PvP because real tanks are useless (tank stats don't give enough bonus to be usefull) and dps spec are usually trash because "nerf offensive ability" and "buff defensive ability" (resulting in a Time To Kill too great and too demanding when playing dps). It is better nowadays to play a tank with dps gear because you'll be more resistant and deal a lot more damage (because you don't die).
This also apply to mercs and snipers in some way because they are incredibly tanky.

But you can still see peoples that play tank with DPS mods in PvE, because again, tank stats are trash and the payoff is better with the power given by dps mods.

Again, this is another issue we're waiting the devs to resolve since quite a long time now.
While this is way offtopic: Tank stats aren't trash. Neither in PvP nor in PvE. They have less merit in PvP, true, because alot of the damage is either I/E, so can't be mitigated by shield/absorb, or autokrits that can't be shielded either. But you still see effect when playing PvP in tank gear.
But believe it or not, EVERY dps spec in the game uses at least ~30% M/R attacks, with three, maybe for exceptions, being sorcs and Opers. So if tank stats, and especially defense, is of any use in PvP depends heavily on your enemys specs.
And the problem in PvE is, that there's too much defense on the gear that isn't needed on most bosses because the amount of M/R damage is rather negligible, hence Power B-Mods. And Bioware actually did this themselves with 3.0(iirc), where they changed the stats on mods. Before then, mods could have absorb. They fixed something, as most times, that didn't need fixing.

Tharianus's Avatar


Tharianus
09.27.2017 , 03:35 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
***? every moron is capable of healing more than 10k with mando/merc healer. in 4.x you had encounters with spikes with about 9k-11k XD
Iam talking about Hps in wzs/pvp....
Tharο
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

Lalainnia's Avatar


Lalainnia
09.27.2017 , 04:27 PM | #19
This needed to happen overall good stuff.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

WheresMyWhisky's Avatar


WheresMyWhisky
09.27.2017 , 05:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharianus View Post
you nerf mando progressive scan for 7% but you do not nerf Kolto-Waves
seems legit.

Srsly BW Merc heals are on par with Sage right now in case of HPS.
Anyway Wandering Mend is an instant Heal while progressive Scan and Kolto-Waves are not Instant.

I do not understand the Merc Heal nerfs... + a lot of Merc HPS comes from Trauma Stabilizers and Adrenaline Rush....
The only advantage of Merc heals are the Defs at the moment - thats all. There are only a few Merc/Mando Heal Players who are able to pull over 10k HPS with this class...

Take those away and Merc Heal is screwed again congrats Biofail
Ehm roaming / slash wandering mend if only instant if you choose to use resurgence to make it so, and since nerf its not very often that is worth doing so.

If a merc healer cannot keep up with a sorc as heals currently stand they need to learn to play.

The advantage of merc heals if you know how to play them is the insane burst healing.

Anyway instead of crying like a ***** learn to play your class merc heals are very good
If you think you can ever have too much Whisky you are wrong

KOTET the expac that actively encourages all PVE player to bugger off to Azeroth, where at least you get content