Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.3 DPS changes

Eloi_BG
07.14.2017 , 10:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
I'm not sure where your point of conflict is with regard to those two points.
I was mostly trying to course correct the thread because the last few posts were about the disparity between melee/range. Also, my second point isn't about DCDs at all. This is only about DPS, pure numbers, how it changed and the target Bioware aim for.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Transcendent
07.14.2017 , 01:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by casigarian View Post
Questions: Am I that bad? Are other mercs seeing similiar numbers?
No.

I think my tank does more damage than my merc at this stage (at least it feels like it does....).

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

LyrraKat
07.14.2017 , 08:05 PM | #13
"I cannot even express how upset I am. My parse is ruined, the flow is destroyed.

It should be one thing or another, nerf damage OR mess with heat management.. not both!! And they aren't even finished!

This is not the first nerf I have seen on my class, I've been here since the launch of the game.. but this one is clearly broken.

This bs has effected both myself and another merc in our operation progression group. And by the looks of the forums threads and complaints out there we aren't the only ones. I have literally lost 1.1k off my parse and no matter how hard I try I just can't get decent numbers for the ops content we are doing and I am nearly in full 248's. When I heard about the nerf, at first I thought 'well damn this is going to suck but i'll manage" then the changes became reality and I saw it in my parses!..

Not cool Bioware!.. I have other toons but I don't have the 'no life' mentality or the time it takes to gear my alts to the capacity of my merc main just so I have a viable toon to play for pve ops. I'd post two inappropriate hand gesture's to the game developers right now if I thought the post wouldn't be removed for vulgarity." Seriously, I'm ready to tell bioware to shove their sub up their .... Why should I pay to play when I cannot enjoy my main in hardmode and NiM end game content? Hope they are reading!!

azamba
07.14.2017 , 08:45 PM | #14
Talking about mdps and rdps...now we have Op Lethality, Mara Ani/Carnage, Assassin Deception doing 11k, 10.6 and 10.5 respectively, and in the other side we have Merc arsenal/IO, Sniper Vir/Eng and Sorc Mad doing 9.1, 9.9, 9.9 and 9.6 respectively.
Considering that Carnage and Deception are supposed to be in the same category as IO (At target dps) and Lethality should be doing "only" 5% more than target dps but is doing 10% more, then you can have a pretty good idea of what's going on in game right now. Also, Sniper Virulance is supposed to be doing 2.5% LESS than IO, right now they are about the same.
And so far, no word from the Devs about nerfing those classes, which makes us believe they think everything is ok or acceptable with them.
And lastly, yes, numbers on Dummy is not the same as in a fight, sure, but who do you think will be doing more in a boss fight, Op Lethality with 11k on dummy or Arsenal with 9.1k? Yeah.

About numbers on parse, Arsenal got a pretty unfair nerf and I don't even play with it. I play IO always, but that was way too much. Considering they should be doing 5% less than IO, those numbers should be around 9.4k;
About IO, considering that Virulance numbers are "on point", then IO should be doing around 2.5% more, meaning around 10.150k. Engineering and Madness should also be doing the same. All this according to their "balancing philosophy."
So you see, everything is not where it is supposed to be, some things more than others.
I think this game has never been this unbalanced with classes/builds since launch. (I mean, 2k apart Arsenal from Lethality??).
I really hope they get their **** together and bring all the remaining classes to the same level again or at least closer to it, with patch 5.4 or else we gonna lose more players, and God knows this game can't afford it. People wanna have fun playing, so you pay to have fun, when its not fun anymore to play with your favorite class/build, no reason to keep paying, that's what I think anyway.
Chabokku - Merc IO
Mulliss - Marauder
Pyrosweep - PT
<Entity>

BraverDre
07.14.2017 , 09:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by azamba View Post
Talking about mdps and rdps...now we have Op Lethality, Mara Ani/Carnage, Assassin Deception doing 11k, 10.6 and 10.5 respectively, and in the other side we have Merc arsenal/IO, Sniper Vir/Eng and Sorc Mad doing 9.1, 9.9, 9.9 and 9.6 respectively.
Considering that Carnage and Deception are supposed to be in the same category as IO (At target dps) and Lethality should be doing "only" 5% more than target dps but is doing 10% more, then you can have a pretty good idea of what's going on in game right now. Also, Sniper Virulance is supposed to be doing 2.5% LESS than IO, right now they are about the same.
And so far, no word from the Devs about nerfing those classes, which makes us believe they think everything is ok or acceptable with them.
And lastly, yes, numbers on Dummy is not the same as in a fight, sure, but who do you think will be doing more in a boss fight, Op Lethality with 11k on dummy or Arsenal with 9.1k? Yeah.

About numbers on parse, Arsenal got a pretty unfair nerf and I don't even play with it. I play IO always, but that was way too much. Considering they should be doing 5% less than IO, those numbers should be around 9.4k;
About IO, considering that Virulance numbers are "on point", then IO should be doing around 2.5% more, meaning around 10.150k. Engineering and Madness should also be doing the same. All this according to their "balancing philosophy."
So you see, everything is not where it is supposed to be, some things more than others.
I think this game has never been this unbalanced with classes/builds since launch. (I mean, 2k apart Arsenal from Lethality??).
I really hope they get their **** together and bring all the remaining classes to the same level again or at least closer to it, with patch 5.4 or else we gonna lose more players, and God knows this game can't afford it. People wanna have fun playing, so you pay to have fun, when its not fun anymore to play with your favorite class/build, no reason to keep paying, that's what I think anyway.
I totally agree with u. They need to do their job. They need to balance classes on the weekly basis.

Neft Operatives dps. Its OP OvER **** POWERED. They do OP damage on HM Revan. Please Devs do something. We are losing people in the guild just because of ur poor work. I also wanted to add that they need to buff Madness sorc cuz it's underperforming a little bit compare to IO and Snipers. So small 5% buff whould be enough. Idk even know what to say about arsenal merc doing only 9k. What do we pay u for Bioware? Do we pay u so u can play on ur over powered operatives?

#Nerf mDPS
#Buff Madness
#Buff Arsenal
#Stop lying to the community. Do something.

xXSistros
07.15.2017 , 04:37 AM | #16
Perhaps the only way for us to fix this is to cry a lot louder like the PvP Community does all the time...
But seriously, these Changes can't stay as they are... our strongest Raid group killed Tyth with one Sniper (just because AoE) two Assassins and one Juggernaut...
I know that Bioware cares much more about PvP Content and Community than about PvE, but this patch will destroy PvE! Especially some smaller raid groups, who run hc for fun, now will get severe Problems...
Think, Bioware, think, please, and create a Balance System which BALANCES the classes. Remove the dps nerfs of Merc (not Heat adjustments, i agree with that), a very little nerf on Virulence and Engi Sniper, a medium Buff to Marksman, a big Buff for both Sorc Specs, a little Buff for Maro, medium Buff for PT, little buff for Assassins and Juggernauts, and a very small nerf to the Operative...
I, as one of the best Mercs on T3, was able to do great damage in hc Content, but it was still challenging when we get to Styrack or the first in Asation. The Mercs dps fitted perfectly! Through Relation to this, i come to the suggestions above, i think many PvE players can agree with that. We only have to cry louder and must not let PvP Community push us around how they want it...

TalonVII
07.15.2017 , 02:30 PM | #17
All of you crying about arsenal, jesus try IO. Arsenal hits way harder and still has a better rotation. Flipped my merc from IO and doing way better with it. Both disciplines got whacked a bit too hard if you ask me. Took the wrong thing away.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Eloi_BG
07.16.2017 , 04:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
All of you crying about arsenal, jesus try IO. Arsenal hits way harder and still has a better rotation. Flipped my merc from IO and doing way better with it. Both disciplines got whacked a bit too hard if you ask me. Took the wrong thing away.
Read the original post and see it's not just a "swap to IO thing". I was playing IO and will continue to play IO on most fights. But for some fights or some specific roles in some fights, IO just doesn't really cut it. Arsenal is now the worst spec DPS wise, and a few hundred DPS under MM and un-bugged lightning (more than a few under bugged lightning).
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Hoppinswtor
07.17.2017 , 02:31 AM | #19
Yep, IO dps needs to be boosted by about 100 and arsenal 250. A decent parse for both specs should be around 9800 and 9350, respectively. This can probably be done by increasing the dot dmg for IO and reverting the heat cost on blazing bolts.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

KendraP
07.17.2017 , 06:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Read the original post and see it's not just a "swap to IO thing". I was playing IO and will continue to play IO on most fights. But for some fights or some specific roles in some fights, IO just doesn't really cut it. Arsenal is now the worst spec DPS wise, and a few hundred DPS under MM and un-bugged lightning (more than a few under bugged lightning).
Wait is gunnery really worse than tk sages now? Er arsenal and lightning, same difference.