Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STUPID changes for 5.3 Mando/Merc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
STUPID changes for 5.3 Mando/Merc

Hoppinswtor
07.11.2017 , 01:41 PM | #21
arsenal averages 9k on a dummy. just did 3 test parses. 41 percent crit, 9050 dps...

arsenal is officially 4 percent worse than lightning now.

this company is completely clueless. your playerbase already hates you, so instead of buffing weak classes to balance, you nerf strong classes. why make everyone mad when you can make some people happy?
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

DsevenO
07.11.2017 , 01:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
arsenal averages 9k on a dummy. just did 3 test parses. 41 percent crit, 9050 dps...

this company is completely clueless. your playerbase already hates you, so instead of buffing weak classes to balance, you nerf strong classes. why make everyone mad when you can make some people happy?
I have to assume that they thoroughly tested the changes they made before releasing this patch. So Bioware would of course be aware that these kinds of parses would be the norm. It's pretty disgusting to think they would knowingly release a change this unbalanced. If they released this patch without the awareness of the extreme nature of the nerfs they were imposing, that would also be exceptionally egregious wouldn't you say? Like, beyond unacceptable. Either way, this is ludicrous. Damage was never the problem with this class anyway.
Go Forth and Die

scardera
07.11.2017 , 02:46 PM | #23
they just want to destroy Merc so the pvper stop whining but what they dont know is they will cry for more nerfs now they want the mara to be nerfed

Transcendent
07.11.2017 , 03:56 PM | #24
And I'll still play the class in PvE content, you know why? Because I've been maining merc through thick and thin. This is no different to when no-one wanted a merc in ops because snipers ruled.

Balance has never been a strong point of the combat team, they've always over reached with changes that didn't fit their design goals and target dps.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

nogoodtomedead
07.11.2017 , 04:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
And I'll still play the class in PvE content, you know why? Because I've been maining merc through thick and thin. This is no different to when no-one wanted a merc in ops because snipers ruled.

Balance has never been a strong point of the combat team, they've always over reached with changes that didn't fit their design goals and target dps.
Same, I've been a arsenal merc since launch, the roller coaster ride that is this class continues.

HuNtOziO
07.11.2017 , 05:09 PM | #26

Arsenal is officially 4 percent worse than lightning now.

Because 'your' damage numbers are a factual representation of the state of the dps compared to lightning??

RNG is RNG even for parsing. We need to wait a lot longer so we have more data samples to compare. Still recon arsenal is higher than lightning though (Non bugged ones of course).
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Elodiť [Sentinel] - Elodie-deux [Operative]
- Nova (Co-Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

mike_carton
07.11.2017 , 06:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HuNtOziO View Post
Because 'your' damage numbers are a factual representation of the state of the dps compared to lightning??

RNG is RNG even for parsing. We need to wait a lot longer so we have more data samples to compare. Still recon arsenal is higher than lightning though (Non bugged ones of course).
You reckon wrong.

Based on Bant's spreadsheet, Arsenal is expected to end up below Lightning In DPS. It has been known for a month. Marksman and Virulence won't be too far ahead of Lightning either.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Equeliber
07.11.2017 , 10:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
You reckon wrong.

Based on Bant's spreadsheet, Arsenal is expected to end up below Lightning In DPS. It has been known for a month. Marksman and Virulence won't be too far ahead of Lightning either.
Marksman wasn't changed, it will stay where it is. And Viru is quite ahead of it, if you check the newest parses.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

verfallen
07.11.2017 , 10:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
You reckon wrong.

Marksman was virtually untouched by 5.3. Its performing as it should as does lightning, in term of their apparent dps goal.

I haven't seen actually viru number, but if they done it right it should roughly be around 9.7k. Lower than that, and it needs to be slightly re-adjusted up. I do agree its nerf seemed pretty harsh on paper, but I'm not a big viru player myself to test it, always liked my snipers sniping, so stuck to Marksman for the most part.

Arsenal, tbh always was a spec rather similar to lightning in term of its limitations, and it makes sense that their dps be rather similar, and at the bottom of the overall ranking when using dummy parses as the benchmark (as ranged class have typically better uptime, are less exposed to close-area high damage, and burst have better ability to fit a lot of damage in a short window of time to meet some burst dps checks)

Both are spec with a 1 ability prep on any target switch (TM vs affliction for lightning. Lightning loses more damage if not done tough), very mobile done right (altough lightning is slightly more mobile), with slightly more burst, less built in aoe (which mean lightning as a superior ability as far as applying damage to a single target and still hitting adds) but overall similar sustained aoe capabilities on a mid-lenght engagement (on longer engagement, lightning's force system gives them the cake)

In view of those points, yes I do agree that Arsenal and lightning should be pulling similar numbers.

The issue is just the relative dps compared to a lethality operative pulling 11k, but I'm guessing this will be adressed with 5.4.

And while I understand that they are prioritizing some classes first, I'd have rather if they'd had lumped everything in one patch, including the untouched but probably lined for a nerf, classes, as well as the most glaring utilties issues, and used 5.4 to fine tune and adjust utilties as needed. Either through lack of manpower or from higher-up pressure, idk, but it feels like they wanted to hurry to get at least some changes out, even if it delays the others severly.

I doubt 5.4 will roll before the 2nd week of september.
Verfallen (Assassin) | Azorek (Sorcerer)
Veroth (Marauder) Altamira (Merc) Aing (Sniper)

Verfalled (sage) | Tiemrys (Shadow)Verfaing (Sentinel)Evenroth (Commando)
Fear The ShadowHumper Legacy! May contain sarcasm

reppaz
07.12.2017 , 12:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodamin View Post
They ALWAYS penalize PvE with their PvP adjustments. It has never been the other way around.
They always **** US UP over PvPers. The merc/mando changes are absolutely unhealthy PvE wise.
They should NOT go live, or they should simply separate the damage output/utilities for PvE and PvE - the same way GW2 did it.
Wrong wrong and wrong again.
This changes is to balance pve parsing by %, if they balance for pvp they should not nerfed there damage.
Mercs dont need 3 heal to full buttons.