Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Theodulus
07.15.2015 , 07:35 AM | #11
I'd rather you remove set bonuses all together in pvp. I wouldn't want to have the worst pvp healer be even more gimped when you don't feel the class is important enough for even simple bug fixes.

DeludedProphet
07.15.2015 , 07:35 AM | #12
2 pc: Some bonus that actually works.
4 pc: Some bonus that actually works.
6 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

Once Bioware have mastered that, you can look at tweaking the bonus but, until then, I strongly suggest actually giving each group 3 set bonuses as a basic step forward.

Negative as the above is it has, however, been great to see how important set bonuses are to Bioware (8 months without any substantive attempt to address them not working). I suspect that, in writing the post above, Bioware has more than doubled the work put into them in 2015. I applaud that increase in effort.

Once we hit 2016 (assuming Bioware have mastered getting them to actually work) you should just keep the set bonuses the same. I'm worried about what this push for new bonuses means. "What this means is that we have a situation where we have a lot of content, that many players donít get an opportunity to play..."

Personally, I "believe that all players should be able to enjoy all the content in the game" and bringing new set bonuses would completely undermine that and be a step backwards.

Perhaps though, you could, instead of changing them, just add to the 3 bonuses "new vanity rewards such as Mounts, Vehicles, and Decorations for your Stronghold". I understand that many people view mounts and vehicles as the same thing and also that the idea of Strongholds as any form of community content crash and burned within days of release...but I think just introducing these would completely revitalise the set bonuses and remove any need for fresh bonuses. The two piece could come with a reskinned mount from 3 months ago, the four piece could come with a reskinned mount from six months ago and the six piece could come with light fitting for the ceiling of our strongholds!

Theodulus
07.15.2015 , 07:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Wow it is funny you put this on the list[*]4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds. since your genious dev. team couldnt manage to fix it in 9 months 9 *********** months.
Yes we didnt like old set bonuses since it is not *********** working, it's been 9 months and your incompetent team couldnt make it work even a monkey could fix it but your team couldnt do it even thou you announced you are fixing it twice. So next time make your test and make working set bonuses. 9 *********** months and you are asking if we were satisfied with old bonuses? It could be good if it worked as intended. So what ever you put as set bonus just make sure it is working, but i am not sure your genious dev. team can manage it.
I can feel your anger. I unsubbed 2 months after the expansion since they hadn't fixed it. Came back just a week or two ago only to find out they still haven't fixed it. I'm expecting Bioware to make the commando class viable for pvp in 4.0 or I'm probably gone for good.

Transcendent
07.15.2015 , 08:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedProphet View Post
2 pc: Some bonus that actually works.
4 pc: Some bonus that actually works.
6 pc: Some bonus that actually works.

Once Bioware have mastered that, you can look at tweaking the bonus but, until then, I strongly suggest actually giving each group 3 set bonuses as a basic step forward.

Negative as the above is it has, however, been great to see how important set bonuses are to Bioware (8 months without any substantive attempt to address them not working). I suspect that, in writing the post above, Bioware has more than doubled the work put into them in 2015. I applaud that increase in effort.

Once we hit 2016 (assuming Bioware have mastered getting them to actually work) you should just keep the set bonuses the same. I'm worried about what this push for new bonuses means. "What this means is that we have a situation where we have a lot of content, that many players donít get an opportunity to play..."

Personally, I "believe that all players should be able to enjoy all the content in the game" and bringing new set bonuses would completely undermine that and be a step backwards.

Perhaps though, you could, instead of changing them, just add to the 3 bonuses "new vanity rewards such as Mounts, Vehicles, and Decorations for your Stronghold". I understand that many people view mounts and vehicles as the same thing and also that the idea of Strongholds as any form of community content crash and burned within days of release...but I think just introducing these would completely revitalise the set bonuses and remove any need for fresh bonuses. The two piece could come with a reskinned mount from 3 months ago, the four piece could come with a reskinned mount from six months ago and the six piece could come with light fitting for the ceiling of our strongholds!
Ouch.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

JattaGin
07.16.2015 , 12:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Wow it is funny you put this on the list[*]4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds. since your genious dev. team couldnt manage to fix it in 9 months 9 *********** months.
Yes we didnt like old set bonuses since it is not *********** working, it's been 9 months and your incompetent team couldnt make it work even a monkey could fix it but your team couldnt do it even thou you announced you are fixing it twice. So next time make your test and make working set bonuses. 9 *********** months and you are asking if we were satisfied with old bonuses? It could be good if it worked as intended. So what ever you put as set bonus just make sure it is working, but i am not sure your genious dev. team can manage it.
Your writing style is a disgrace to all commando medic players (I bet you play a merc though).

I beg you, please play a sorcerer. That's what people with your attitude and mindset usually play.

I honestly think that you are a horrible person, if I only judge by your way of communicating.

Your post is a perfect example of how NOT to address issues. Such language and style will bring you nowhere. Or have you ever had a good reaction in your life after such a complaint? Do you bring people on your side like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedProphet View Post
(...)
This is a totally different attempt on raising critique than the above: sarcasm. Also not necessarily helpful, but I giggled a couple of times and it does not get personal. Shame on me: I actually thought about how these vanity rewards for the set-bonuses could work out.

Ontopic:

I think the bonuses for commando medics are quite alright - if they work.

ArcherOrant
07.16.2015 , 07:46 AM | #16
I just had a thought! We could actually be productive on this thread :P
Healers be like, "Why did you stand in the fire?"

Gyronamics
07.16.2015 , 08:03 AM | #17
Wanting the current bonuses but having them working is a constructive stance to take.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon

wainot-keel
07.16.2015 , 10:53 AM | #18
Well, considering the changes to Healing Scan / Rapid Scan, it'd be nice having the 2th piece bonus give a guaranteed crit on Healing Scan, rather than Rapid Scan. If I'm not mistaken Healing Scan will lose its 5% crit chance from talents (and it's given to Rapid Scan) and also will have a 3s cooldown increase, so a change in the bonus set will make it more interesting.

Faardor
07.16.2015 , 04:33 PM | #19
I feel like the following shouldn't necessarily come from set bonus but would be a BIG help for us merc healers:

"Using super charged celerity also pops your super charged gas."

A quality of life fix, as it currently stands most raids need the alacrity boost somewhere in a burn phase or another but this leaves me without a way to vent heat or enter my own healing burst phase. (sometimes both!)

<3

ArcherOrant
07.18.2015 , 09:42 AM | #20
I've been thinking a bit about this whole 5% increase with the set bonus. When this is said is it referring to a more moderate casual player who may not know his or her rotation well, a player who lives and breathes the commando healing discipline, or somewhere in between? Where on the bell-curve is this falling?

I only ask this because one set bonus could be used more effectively than another based on that skill level. So a 5% increase for the middle of the pack person, or peak of the bell-curve, could end up being a 7-8% increase for someone closer to the far right of the bell-curve (just as an example).

So I guess the question really should be then: should the set bonuses be more skilled based or should they simply make healing easier on the player?
Healers be like, "Why did you stand in the fire?"