SOA Working as intended>

Disclaimer: 10 years off MMO tank experience. Full Rakatta and remodded to actually be useful. (surge, really?)

Seriously, Why hasn't anything been mentioned as to why this game breaking bug hasn't been fixed? Phase three is undoable in HM and Nightmare. Also, Threat... Oh threat where for art thou?

Currently there are 4 bosses that actually respond to a proper tanking rotation minus spamming and staggering taunts.

Gharj

Fab Droid

Forman Crusher

Karagga.

(Sorno to some extent but heavy taunt is needed)

All Adds and Trash really only respond to taunts as well as the remaning bosses. Is this as Intended?

Signed,

Frustrated Jug

Edited by DarthDetonate

Have cleared everything multiple times on Nightmare at this point, NOTHING is unkillable even tho it may seem as such. I am not defending the fact that the game has some retarded bugs, because it most certainly does, but they are not something that cant be worked around to achieve victory.

(Sorno to some extent but heavy taunt is needed)

I have no issues on those two Bounty Hunters.

Both have somes attacks that will be pointet on the group.

I am Totally Fine with it.

The only Encoutner were i have problems with threat is Soa.

Normaly is was only the first phase and i was fine withit because this phase i not very long, but since 2 weeks i have encountert threat problems on phase 2 and phase 3.

I have had no problems with threat (surge is to help your dmg output so u dont need to taunt everytime its up) the only problem I have had is with Raid bosses not being able to be positioned due to my character being body type 3... The bosses will usually get into place as they should but without warning or reason, they crabwalk behind me or to my side. I have seen body type 2 tanks, my off tank, position without this problem and if i stand on top of him and taunt back, the boss freaks the heck out and moves. Some bugs are with the bosses like Soa's shield not breaking in phase 3, and others are with the bosses reaction to the players, like the Body Type 3 positioning bug... give it time and im sure it will all get fixed.

SOA third phase now has someting interesting to do. It was way too easy when he followed you when you had to do nothing. Off-tank makes it easy mode if you are stuggling. You can always have the person targeted move to pilon drop so you can taunt into position for final 20s.

It is easy mode.

Soa is unkillable on a consistent basis because the bugs in the fight are totally random.

Last week, we fully cleared HM EV in about an hour, one shotting everything.

This week, we got to Soa in 45 minutes, then spent an hour wiping due to bugs before giving up.

That is unacceptable.

If you have good players that understand the strategy, you should know you're going to kill Soa. You should not be worrying that random bugs are going to cause you to wipe over and over again.

Edited by Xolis

The fact that soa is killable isnt relavent. You shouldnt have to do it 6 times perfectly until you finaly get a run without a bug that makes him impossible to kill that run.

It doesnt bug anyone that bioware has done next to nothing to fix this fight? personaly it make me really nervous about the future of this game.

Last night on my server there were 40 republics in ev, almost half as many people that were on the station. Bioware has to realize that raiders arent that small of a minority and unforfortunately they are going to learn that if their raiding minority leaves many of the casuals will follow.

Im Specifically talking about phase 3. Phase 1-2 are a joke if you know what you are doing on any mode.

It is though all too frustrating the 32 flavors of death via bugs you can have in phase 3 including the drills not breaking his bubble...repeatedly.

Im just trying to get the comment as if this is what is intended. The devs Never mentioned the Random Raid wipe due to Gharj's lava was intended, they just announced a fix weeks later.

I do find it hard to belive someone was defending Surge on tank gear seeing we have about 7-10% crit.

Edited by DarthDetonate

The issue is not bugs. People are under the assumption right now that the fight is bugged and that is causing the issues. Honestly, Bioware can state it is working as intended for specific reasons:

1) If the main tank gets taken into a Mind Trap, now able to be done, he loses all threat gain on SoA.

2) While the shield is up on SoA during phase 3, there is no damage gained, no threat gained, nothing is generated AGAINST SoA himself during this phase. The only time to gain any amount of threat during this point in the fight is after his shield breaks from the pylon.

The only way for this fight to potentially be fixed may be a large rewrite of the code from the way threat works in the game. Allowing someone to stay on the threat list, even though they are moved to another instance and "removed" from the fight until they are broken free.

Hence, people are now seeing this as a two tank fight, where both are fighting to keep threat higher than DPS so that if one of the tanks gets sucked into the Mind Trap, the other picks up the tanking and movement during phase 3.

Edited by LupusVindex

The issue is not bugs. People are under the assumption right now that the fight is bugged and that is causing the issues. Honestly, Bioware can state it is working as intended for specific reasons:

1) If the main tank gets taken into a Mind Trap, now able to be done, he loses all threat gain on SoA.

2) While the shield is up on SoA during phase 3, there is no damage gained, no threat gained, nothing is generated AGAINST SoA himself during this phase. The only time to gain any amount of threat during this point in the fight is after his shield breaks from the pylon.

The only way for this fight to potentially be fixed may be a large rewrite of the code from the way threat works in the game. Allowing someone to stay on the threat list, even though they are moved to another instance and "removed" from the fight until they are broken free.

Hence, people are now seeing this as a two tank fight, where both are fighting to keep threat higher than DPS so that if one of the tanks gets sucked into the Mind Trap, the other picks up the tanking and movement during phase 3.

1. Incorrect, he still resets.

2. If you can actually get the shield to respond to a drill bit. Also, its a 50/50 on a taunt.

3. I've done this with 2 tanks. You could have 8 standing on top of one another it still doesnt mean you will be able to break an unbreakable (bugged) Bubble. or that he wont randomly charge the ONLY person kiting a Lighting ball at that particular moment.

Anyone saying this is working as intended that isnt in yellow is hard (for me at least) to believe.

Yeah that's all great and good till your offtank gets thrown and then you get to reset the instance yet again.

Or OT thrown then tank mindtrapped, or someone thrown then land on a lightning ball... or get thrown during transition and wind up in limbo... or lightning balls do a double tick... or someone gets thrown while a ball is targeting them...

I honestly can't believe you'd even begin to defend this fight as working as intended unless you honestly believe bioware's intent is to create hours of annoyance based on RNG mechanics and flat out glitchy encounter scripts. Sure there are work around for many of these "issues" but seriously, when the glitches require more strategy than the actual fight mechanics there is an underlying problem.

Perhaps you're right though, maybe Bioware did build in these "bugs" by design, pretty disappointing if that's the case.

Soa's threat is NOT bugged at all. If he comes off the tank, its either because the tank lost threat or tank is mind trapped. Our tank hasn't had an issue at all.

However, there are bugs.

Sometimes he wont lose stacks during fall stage. Sometimes platforms dont spawn after a falling stage. Our boss got stuck on NM even though we switched it back to HM (dont try to carry a new person through nm soa).

MOST of these bugs can be prevented by resetting the phase after EVERY wipe. The one that can occur regardless is the not losing stacks which can be very hard to deal with in NM but not bad in HM.

We one shot him every week even through the stack bug (except this week trying to carry someone new through NM).

Edited by Excid

Soa is unkillable on a consistent basis because the bugs in the fight are totally random.

Last week, we fully cleared HM EV in about and hour, one shotting everything.

This week, we got to Soa in 45 minutes, then spent an hour wiping due to bugs before giving up.

That is unacceptable.

If you have good players that understand the strategy, you should know you're going to kill Soa. You should not be worrying that random bugs are going to cause you to wipe over and over again.

This. SOA is such a terrible encounter we just skip it every week and clear everything else. Just not worth the time and level of aggrivation for the RNG nature of the encounter. Too bad too, because it is the best encounter in the game (at least in theory, not in BW's hands).

This. SOA is such a terrible encounter we just skip it every week and clear everything else. Just not worth the time and level of aggrivation for the RNG nature of the encounter. Too bad too, because it is the best encounter in the game (at least in theory, not in BW's hands).

But it can be consistent. Your group must be able to handle the nature of the fight. There is not a single part of this that makes it hard on hm. NM is only hard cause of the ball dmg. The mindtrap nerf really dumbed this fight down drastically and has made the transition into the falling phase much easier than what it was weeks ago.

The fact that soa is killable isnt relavent. You shouldnt have to do it 6 times perfectly until you finaly get a run without a bug that makes him impossible to kill that run.

It doesnt bug anyone that bioware has done next to nothing to fix this fight? personaly it make me really nervous about the future of this game.

Last night on my server there were 40 republics in ev, almost half as many people that were on the station. Bioware has to realize that raiders arent that small of a minority and unforfortunately they are going to learn that if their raiding minority leaves many of the casuals will follow.

THIS.

My guild can one shot everything EXCEPT SOA. Because of his random bugs, not due to execution. Its to the point where we are just not bothering getting our chest peices, because everytime I say "lets put a few attempts on soa" and he bugs, someone else quits the game.

This boss has been buggy since day 1. Bioware has still done little to nothing to fix him (he still spawns with floor tiles missing a lot, mind traps the tank, proceeds to kill DPS, he will throw someone in the air AS he is going into phase 3, meaning that person dies for sure). Honestly, I would just say stop doing Soa. Its helped the morale of my guild for sure. We are just waiting until March and hoping Bioware adds content that doesn't suck.

I hope BW realizes that unless their next set of content is reasonable (aka, not stupid easy with no bugs, and has very little 'impossible mode' bugs) then they will lose most of their PvE raiding base.

Soa's threat is NOT bugged at all. If he comes off the tank, its either because the tank lost threat or tank is mind trapped. Our tank hasn't had an issue at all.

However, there are bugs.

Sometimes he wont lose stacks during fall stage. Sometimes platforms dont spawn after a falling stage. Our boss got stuck on NM even though we switched it back to HM (dont try to carry a new person through nm soa).

MOST of these bugs can be prevented by resetting the phase after EVERY wipe. The one that can occur regardless is the not losing stacks which can be very hard to deal with in NM but not bad in HM.

We one shot him every week even through the stack bug (except this week trying to carry someone new through NM).

So Soa aggroing a Melee Dps who has yet to touch him and is working on a mindtrap is the tank losing aggro? Please Explain.

The RNG on this boss is just stupid.

- Last phase, when we got down somehow there was a mindtrap before the boss got there? One got pulled inside, we killed it - then they weren't in the same instance of the bossfight as we were....

- Another try, the floor was still for some reason missing... How low budget is this department of low programming skilled people running on?

So Soa aggroing a Melee Dps who has yet to touch him and is working on a mindtrap is the tank losing aggro? Please Explain.

Threat is carrying over between phases and there are ways for people to drop threat. Lifegrip a tank drops the tanks threat. Same with intercede and other abilities. Since the tank doesn't build threat in phase 3, coming out of spikes can change threat. Also, most classes have taunts and people have fat fingers.

I have NEVER seen this happen a single time and we clear hm TWICE a week. If it is as big of a deal as people say, they we would have seen it happen already at least once. Since we havent, then it is most likely something in your group.

The RNG on this boss is just stupid.

- Last phase, when we got down somehow there was a mindtrap before the boss got there? One got pulled inside, we killed it - then they weren't in the same instance of the bossfight as we were....

- Another try, the floor was still for some reason missing... How low budget is this department of low programming skilled people running on?

Reset the dungeon after every wipe fixes most of the bugs.

There is only 2 types of bad RNG on this fight. The first is someone being force cycloned as soon as they eat a lightning ball. The other is the tank gets mindtrapped right as the spike comes down. The first one can happen more often in 8 man and the second one is pretty rare but has happened to us.

Random aggro makes Soa "unkillable"?

Have every one stack on the tank as you are moving the boss into position for the pillar drop, even if he aggros some one else he wont move away.

You will also have an easy time getting the boss back under control with taunt, since the boss wont go across the room.

If you lose aggro some one else will take damage, watch health bars, and taunt him back.You can also have classes with taunts help you out if taunt is down by popping cooldowns.

in 16 man you can use 2 tanks or you will have many more people with the ability to taunt and use cooldowns.

"unkillable" is the excuse for people that cant figure out problems.

Edited by Eroex

Threat is carrying over between phases and there are ways for people to drop threat. Lifegrip a tank drops the tanks threat. Same with intercede and other abilities. Since the tank doesn't build threat in phase 3, coming out of spikes can change threat. Also, most classes have taunts and people have fat fingers.

I have NEVER seen this happen a single time and we clear hm TWICE a week. If it is as big of a deal as people say, they we would have seen it happen already at least once. Since we havent, then it is most likely something in your group.

Or most likely this is a big deal since so many people are complaining about it.