Skanktank viable for solo/small group PvE?

Warlocc

So, playing a Juggernaut mostly solo, sometimes helping people with heroics and veteran level stuff.

I'm enjoying Vengeance DPS more than when I was playing Immortal (took so long to kill things), but I'm looking to boost survivability if the group I'm with is in trouble and I need to save the day with some taunts.

Is it better to use DPS gear in a tank spec, or some tank gear in a DPS spec, or am I wasting my time if I try either?

So, playing a Juggernaut mostly solo, sometimes helping people with heroics and veteran level stuff.

I'm enjoying Vengeance DPS more than when I was playing Immortal (took so long to kill things), but I'm looking to boost survivability if the group I'm with is in trouble and I need to save the day with some taunts.

Is it better to use DPS gear in a tank spec, or some tank gear in a DPS spec, or am I wasting my time if I try either?

My opinion is that you're wasting your time. If you're using tank gear rather than dps gear, you will be killing things more slowly. That's always bad.

Juggernaut has adequate cooldowns for surviving most things that you'd need to.

Assuming you are not planning on doing master mode flashpoints or uprisings, or actually tank like veteran mode operations you will be perfectly fine with full DPS gear and DPS spec. Sure you might need to be more thoughtful when you chain-pull multiple groups of trash and use a defensive cooldown but apart from that I cannot really think of a situation where you need more defensive capabilities. Edited by RikuvonDrake