Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"All DPS specs have the same target" same with Healing & Tanking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"All DPS specs have the same target" same with Healing & Tanking

Kallti
05.10.2012 , 05:57 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwoo View Post
My main argument was DPS sages arent weak healers, You can, and we have run ops using a DPS specced Sage as support healer when the usual one couldnt make it.

Also, communication, when I'm running TK specced the main healer doesn't shield the MT as my shield is stronger, the force he saves, he uses for heals...

What would you prefer? A normal strength shield on the MT or a 20% stronger shield on the MT?

Also, there isn't just bosses in Ops. We clear content without checking numbers, and no, I'm not being carried before that pops up. Which knowing these forums, it will. We do it, succesfully, our way. Dictating otherwise is pure BS.

At the end we have fun, we clear, we have fun. We don't need to know who does how many DPS or whatever. As we are not playing a spreadsheet. I've raided from EQ1 onwards, as all roles, Tank, Healer, DPS, Mezzer, and debuffer.
You appear to be missing the point entirely.

This thread is about whether a class with a support tree should be punished when they spec one of their two DPS trees. If you don't care about numbers at all, then why are you even in here?

My argument here is that the most efficient way to tackle an encounter is to bring each player with a clear defined role, some healers, some dps and some tanks and it is ridiculous to me that, as a raid leader, some of my DPS will put out lower damage by design of the game just because one of their three speciality options happens to be another role.

Let me put it this way, when a class has three DPS trees, usually they each have a niche... for instance, one of them is more suited for PvP, one of them is more suited for burst damage and one is more suited for sustained damage. So, using the logic of the people who are arguing against me, is that unfair? Shouldn't they all do exactly the same thing? Will you argue that if you're "pure DPS" class doesn't have an AoE speciality but another class does; then they should not be able to single target DPS because they have an AoE spec.

If you are speced DPS, you are a DPS and should have a design philosophy to be within a small percentage of all other DPS specs. If you are unhappy that your class doesn't have a support spec option, then perhaps you made the wrong choice when creating your character?

Remulan
05.11.2012 , 06:46 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwoo View Post
My main argument was DPS sages arent weak healers, You can, and we have run ops using a DPS specced Sage as support healer when the usual one couldnt make it.

Also, communication, when I'm running TK specced the main healer doesn't shield the MT as my shield is stronger, the force he saves, he uses for heals...

What would you prefer? A normal strength shield on the MT or a 20% stronger shield on the MT?

Also, there isn't just bosses in Ops. We clear content without checking numbers, and no, I'm not being carried before that pops up. Which knowing these forums, it will. We do it, succesfully, our way. Dictating otherwise is pure BS.

At the end we have fun, we clear, we have fun. We don't need to know who does how many DPS or whatever. As we are not playing a spreadsheet. I've raided from EQ1 onwards, as all roles, Tank, Healer, DPS, Mezzer, and debuffer.
If you spec for shield talents as a dps you are missing actual dps talents making your spec subpar. Not to mention any sage/sorc healer will have the 20% shield talent anyway making your point completely moot. DPS are brought to a raid to do damage to the boss, that is all, they are not brought because they can off heal really poorly.