Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

xcomax
02.04.2012 , 07:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post
I didn't say they were viable nerfs.

I'm saying they are what i was/am expecting from Bioware. ( Editted for English fail. )
Well, you have a valid point there that's for sure.

bobmcbo
02.04.2012 , 07:10 PM | #12
hmm, we need to predict this with some real thought.

nerfing operatives/scoundrels made the sages/sorcerers even more OP, and removing the paper to the bounty hunter/trooper's rock.

nerfing assassins/shadows will add to these things even more, but make then once again a target for operatives/scoundrels

bioware will never nerf sages/sorcerers because the fans of the OP will rage, and those are their advertising classes.

with all that being said, we can probably expect a nerf to bounty hunters/ troopers
.never forget

MilkPudding
02.04.2012 , 07:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
Why would Assassins/Shadows get nerfed? That's one of two classes that I can actually kill sometimes 1v1 now. Sages are way too over-powered and anyone that's a Sage gets begged to be in a FP, or OP. Who wouldn't want a healer that not only can out heal everyone in the game, but cast 4-6k nukes in between? I'd say if the Sage doesn't get nerfed, then someone there at BW is playing them and is just too stubborn to fix them.
'Coz when you see them nerfing scoundrel, you should know that they don't pick the strongest/overpowered to nerf. Scoundrel is the class that should be BUFFED, by any means, yet they got nerfed.

bobmcbo
02.04.2012 , 07:12 PM | #14
I mentioned assassins/shadows being nerfed because I heard that will be in one of the next updates to take away the tank/DPS hybrid-ness from them
.never forget

TheJollyRogers
02.04.2012 , 07:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post
Then Gunslingers and Snipers.
Lol what? How are GS/Snipers possibly overpowered?
Serfiri / Zeralin
IO Mercenary / AP Powertech
Cherry Pops / The Bastion

Warlyx
02.04.2012 , 07:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJollyRogers View Post
Lol what? How are GS/Snipers possibly overpowered?
they sometimes break the sorcerer/sage bubbles! before dying ,and thats unacceptable!

Vallowen
02.04.2012 , 07:28 PM | #17
sorc/sage, bigtime

oh the forums will be flooded with tears, when they cant just throw up a bubble and lightning spam someone down

Avianpixie
02.04.2012 , 07:28 PM | #18
Quote:
we can probably expect a nerf to bounty hunters/ troopers
It seems unlikely that Bioware would nerf their "Beginner Friendly" Class.

Sages and Sorcerers are a crowd favourite so i doubt they'll get hit.

Assassins and Shadows are popular enough to be noticed by the masses, but not so popular people would blindly leap to their defense. They're also the highest on the list of hybrid specs.

Snipers and Gunslingers deal out heavy damage while maintaining a fairly high level/attention cap. People who play them well, will likely persist against any nerf that might befall them, making them an easy target.

Scoundrels and Operatives are still being hated on, so i don't doubt they will eventually be mauled by Bioware again and become nothing but a battered, abused, casualty of war.

This is what i expect from Bioware.

Please note: I do not believe any classes specifically need a buff or nerf, this is merely my prediction on Bioware's stupidity.
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.

Kennkra
02.04.2012 , 07:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?
FUll columi and full battlemaster BH MERC ARSENAL here

Never in my life have i seen a 4k TM crit exept a heavy debuffed target and relic+adrenal up.

normal TM crits are 2.2 to 2.8k

relic + adrenal 2.8k to 3.4k.

The only thing they have to change about TMS ar the stacking heatseakers marks, with 2 BH's hiting the same target + relic + adrenal i crited a guy for 8.2k

If a Sorc crits 1 tick of his affliction he'll probably pwn your face with 2 force lightming and each tick crits for 1.1k (thats like 8k dmg in 3secs)

And believe me i WOULD LOVE if they change BH arround to NOT have to spam TM all the time, and believe me when i say no BH likes to spam TM but its not like we have a option

dargor-
02.04.2012 , 08:09 PM | #20
Nerf DKs

Deathgrip is OP
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.