Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

lilpete
02.04.2012 , 06:16 PM | #1
So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?

Mxconway
02.04.2012 , 06:17 PM | #2
Shaman, Windfury is broken.
Corellian Run- [12/13/11 - 2/20/12]

MilkPudding
02.04.2012 , 06:19 PM | #3
They nerfed scoundrel - THE least popular class in this game and nowhere near the strongest. So no class is safe here

xcomax
02.04.2012 , 06:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkPudding View Post
They nerfed scoundrel - THE least popular class in this game and nowhere near the strongest. So no class is safe here
Sage would be a very bad move. Them, along with Mercs are most likely next on the nerf-bat list. Although I seen a video yesterday of a Jugg doing over 9k AOE crits back to back non-stop. Yes, that's on youtube just search for it. As for the Scoundrel, I feel you. I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later. No one wants us in groups, everyone laughs at us in PvP. I've already unsubbed and I have 13 days left before my account becomes inactive. I honestly have no more fight left in me over this. It's a sad, and harsh reality that Bioware is going to continue to do this until this game becomes nothing but a memory.

Traumahawk
02.04.2012 , 06:31 PM | #5
Play a merchant. Those idiots make a killing off of repairing my armor.

lilpete
02.04.2012 , 06:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
Sage would be a very bad move. Them, along with Mercs are most likely next on the nerf-bat list. Although I seen a video yesterday of a Jugg doing over 9k AOE crits back to back non-stop. Yes, that's on youtube just search for it. As for the Scoundrel, I feel you. I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later. No one wants us in groups, everyone laughs at us in PvP. I've already unsubbed and I have 13 days left before my account becomes inactive. I honestly have no more fight left in me over this. It's a sad, and harsh reality that Bioware is going to continue to do this until this game becomes nothing but a memory.
I was really hoping not to hear this, but I think you're right. One would think with all the games coming out this year that they would have handled this kinda stuff more professionally. I think I'm going to probably just bail myself, or maybe just roll a Sage until GW2.

Avianpixie
02.04.2012 , 06:34 PM | #7
Quote:
Shaman, Windfury is broken.
First they took my zerking.
Then they took my Wind Fury...
...Season 4, dark times indeed to be a Troll of Shazams. I suppose i didn't use WF enough anyway.

( Since it's bothering people )
For what i think Bioware will do:
My money is on Assassins/Shadows.
Then Gunslingers and Snipers.
Then Scoundrels and Ops again.
Then they'll "adjust" Sages/Sorcs and both BH/Troop ACs.

What i'd roll to avoid nerfs? Sentinel or Marauder.

There, i editted for clarification.

Sorted.
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.

lilpete
02.04.2012 , 06:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post
...Season 4, dark times indeed to be a Troll of Shazams. I suppose i didn't use WF enough anyway.

I say adjust...

I don't mean nerf.
Why would Assassins/Shadows get nerfed? That's one of two classes that I can actually kill sometimes 1v1 now. Sages are way too over-powered and anyone that's a Sage gets begged to be in a FP, or OP. Who wouldn't want a healer that not only can out heal everyone in the game, but cast 4-6k nukes in between? I'd say if the Sage doesn't get nerfed, then someone there at BW is playing them and is just too stubborn to fix them.

xcomax
02.04.2012 , 06:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post

I say adjust...

I don't mean nerf.
Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?

Avianpixie
02.04.2012 , 06:42 PM | #10
I didn't say they were viable nerfs.

I'm saying they are what i was/am expecting from Bioware. ( Editted for English fail. )
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.