We want answers

Spankyjnco

TomWhiting - They didn't admit anything about graphics.. they said people were getting low FPS... maybe their PC is made of wood? That's not saying anything in detail.

Cybvel - I agree. There are more things that show up at launch. once again, as stated previously, these issues have been here since the early stages of beta.. and still continue now, with no address to them being made. Isn't the main focus of closed beta to find bugs and eliminate them? Open beta being more on finding glitches/testing servers. So why weren't these fixed in those months?

Grammareye- See above 2 please...

Suzina - there are jobs in companies that sole purpose is to interact with the community. Stephen Reid for example. He is the community manager. His job is to keep interaction with the community. Instead of doing so on the forums however, he uses twitter where nobody can see what people are asking him, unless he responds to them. There are several positions under him as well, and could be more if Bioware hires them. It does not necessarily need to be a developer. If you really think them spending 5-10 minutes to post on a forum is going to impede the update/fix process, your not thinking very much into it.

Lipzi - Yes they are making fixes you are right. They are also fixing very very small things that aren't truly impacting the game just as much as some big ones such as that Taris bug that had people stuck. They are very fast to fix all gamebreaking glitches, <3 them for that. But what about the glitches that make for a better gaming experience on top of what is already a great game?

Sevev- Wow dude really? I dont even know what a Q6 wow player is. I have already stated my experience of WoW was from launch till the end of my 30 day trial. The game was rediculously easy and had no form of customization, and back then, I found that extremely stupid and pointless to play. Why automatically bash someone on the forums and tell them they are from WoW? My last 5 MMOS - Vindictus , FF14, Aion, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa. MMOS i spent over 2 years on. FFXI, Ultima Online, Everquest, EQOA, EQ2. You know how I can tell you came from wow? Because you got some amazing terminology from that game apparently, because I do not understand what you are saying while you describe it. Maybe you should be heading back?

Rasticles- Please, tell me whats on the public test forum that isn't on these forums and wasn't on the beta forums? nothing... patch notes? Thats normal. Is it addressing issues before you see a patch note on it? nah.. it is describing future plans? nope. That's great that they are fixing things, but a little information and assurance that they now about things would help too. There was a bug in beta that was effecting a lot of people. It was the holograms not showing up on certain video cards.. forum posts were pretty high about it, and after a month or so someone finally got an interview w/ one of the devs and they asked them of plans to fix it... the developer said he had no idea it existed and had to look into it. Things like that is why people would like to know what they do know about, and if they have plans on fixing or just hiding the problems. Instead of being a blind-following fanboy, open your eyes and see there are problems that have been around and will continue to rise up, that they are not even touching on or mentioning. I for one am not going to sit around assuming a fix is coming soon, because its already been 3 months and I haven't seen one. Dates/timeframes is all that I am asking for. No I don't expect all of these bugs to be around in a year, but who knows. FF14, made by SE (A really good company with a good track record from FFXI) had a bug during beta that you couldn't alt+tab out of the game without it crashing. People complained and complained on the forums. Fanboys arround made fun of them, told them to go back to WoW, said it was just beta and it would be fixxed etc.. Launch happened, and it turned to "The game just launched give them time". Here it is a year later, and guess what happens when you alt+tab out of the game...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swift I am not talking about the past couple of days. Why do people keep acting like these forums and game have only been up for a week or so? That is not the case.. these forums have been around a WHILE... and REAL beta (closed beta) has been going since september... and those had beta forums as well where people were posting these exact questions as well.

Yet still no answer?

Ok, since you obviously have no clue what so ever how game development or development in general work and how complex these things are, i don't blame you for what you keep writing. i really don't. i even understand that some of these things bother and annoy you.

Now i beg you to take a step back and think for 5 minutes...then go back to your keyboard and your screen and check the Forums out....

You will see that a kazillion threads are created every minute. with people pointing out things, complaining, or just whining about something or some even with REAL issues which keep them from playing AT ALL. Now think for another 5 minutes how many employees one would need to answer every single thread.

If everyone would keep the threads to a minimum with just thinking for a few moments before posting, everything would work a hundred times faster AND we would get replies from developers.

I have tried almost all of those MMORPGs and i canot think of one which had such a smooth launch as this game. And a word of advice : if you want to play a bug-free game where everything is just peachy, never (and i really mean NEVER) start at launch day. Start half a year after release. But please, PRETTY PLEASE, quit bashing developers or BioWare in general.

Or quit playing if its not bearable for you and come back in a few months, or dont, i dont care :)

Ok, since you obviously have no clue what so ever how game development or development in general work and how complex these things are, i don't blame you for what you keep writing. i really don't. i even understand that some of these things bother and annoy you.

Now i beg you to take a step back and think for 5 minutes...then go back to your keyboard and your screen and check the Forums out....

You will see that a kazillion threads are created every minute. with people pointing out things, complaining, or just whining about something or some even with REAL issues which keep them from playing AT ALL. Now think for another 5 minutes how many employees one would need to answer every single thread.

If everyone would keep the threads to a minimum with just thinking for a few moments before posting, everything would work a hundred times faster AND we would get replies from developers.

I have tried almost all of those MMORPGs and i canot think of one which had such a smooth launch as this game. And a word of advice : if you want to play a bug-free game where everything is just peachy, never (and i really mean NEVER) start at launch day. Start half a year after release. But please, PRETTY PLEASE, quit bashing developers or BioWare in general.

Or quit playing if its not bearable for you and come back in a few months, or dont, i dont care :)

Dude I completely agree man, your being very rude and not thinking though. There are several game companies with people assigned purely to the forums and talking to the community. And when more post come up asking/talking about the same thing, if it has been mentioned before, the community itself links them to where it was.

Now this might be kind of hard being as there is no search feature on these forums, but that's besides the point. I am not attempting to bash bioware, I am sorry you see it that way. I am mearly asking for VISABLE community involvement. If you think their feelings get hurt for seeing someone ask for that, your wrong. It's a compliment more than anything to ask for them to talk to the people. I would be more worried if people weren't asking lol

It's funny that you feel you get to say whether people should receive a tool that allows them to quickly and easily organise a flashpoint. :)

If you play on a server where every general chat request for a flashpoint is followed by instantaneous plea's for invites then congratulations.

For me, despite being on a server that is full most of the day, people's requests for groups tend to be greeted with, "can you please stop that *********** spam, nobody wants to play with you". (I hasten to add this is not aimed at me, but have seen it often enough.)

By the way, not only WoW operates an LFG, it is fairly common place.

I don't PvP, so should I campaign for PvP to be removed from the game as it doesn't agree with my playstyle?

You misunderstand. :)

Unlike the poster i responded to, i did *not* state that my opinion is the universal truth. I merely wrote that the systems in place can be used and with success, while centering the post around one of those systems - the chat. I did *not* say anything if players should or should not receive whatever tool they desire. As i *did* say in an earlier post in this thread, i'm all for options, as long as they don't lead to the symptoms myself and some others have described in relation to an LFG system.

For all i'm concerned, what we have currently can and does work.

Unlike you, i did *not* mention WoW. I had no reason to, i never played it and i never compared any other game to it.

If you happen to play on a server which is occupied by a lot of players whose main perception of fun is to insult each other in chat, i'm sorry to hear that and i sincerely recommend that you change servers once they activate server transfers.

If you happen to play on the EU side, you may want to give Hydian Way a go, i get an overall good vibe of the community here. Not saying that its absolutely free of idiots but they seem to be in the minority - or hiding well.

I Played WoW the month of it's release for 1 month, the 30 days free.. that's it. I dont even think I lasted 30 days, so I refuse to go to a came I haven't touched in what.. 7 years? Also what does wow have to do with anything that I posted? Gah.. so thats beyond the point regardless... (Those that disagree with someone's post and respond by saying "Go back to WoW", probably have played WoW within the last 6 months...)

The game is very good, that is never in question. As stated before, if you don't want them to have some more involvement and give information about their plans and what they are trying to do, then please, don't post on this page and make a post saying "Please bioware keep us in the dark and just randomly fix things here and there".

I, however, do not understand how things can be wrong in the game for months and not addressed/fixed.

(PS no I didn't see that interview, good stuff :D )

yesihaveplayed wow to until about 3 months ago and i hate what this once great game hs currently become, although MANY people love what it became and now try to force swtor to become a wow clone, which it is not and is different and i like the differences. i like that eveyone has the same ui and no macros. i didnt enahnce my wow ui although i was good in pvp and arena. i dont like whiners and demanding people and leet esport maniacs, better think about the games you skipped, most of which were made by bioware.

There are a LOT of things so far that the community wants answers/clarification on, and for being a company that is supposedly really trying to knock off some of the bigger MMOs.. they sure are failing and customer relations and community involvement. There are so many unanswered questions that have been around for months and Bioware NEVER answers them or even touches on the subject, and that needs to stop NOW.

We can make them HEAR US... we can MAKE THEM understand that we deserve to know what is going on with a game that we are supporting. We deserve to know why things are the way they are, and what is going on! Someone needs to answer these questions and the many more that others have that I can not think of right now.

EDIT

Look guys, I am not saying this is a bad game. Most people can see where this is coming from. These bugs aren't new, they arent 3 days/1week old.. they have been around for months now without any information guidance. Yes some have been mentioned, but not in detail at all (such as the AA). I think Bioware has done a great job so far on launch, and the re-building of the client a month ago was amazing and added great changes to the game. I applaud their release, and everything is going smoothly. I am simply requesting more community involvement is done, rather than hiding things behind curtains. They always say that they are most focused on the customer's request/wants... well these are big topic issues right now for a lot of us. These are what I see most complained about on forums. Are they gamebreaking... no. Has there been gamebreaking bugs? YES, was it fixed quickly? YES. So they do work on the big stuff first which is great.

Also, I am aware of the Public Test Realm. That's not what I'm talking about... those are just patch notes and a test before taking it live. It isn't talking about their plans or commenting on anything about those. It would just be nice to have more community involvement and information given by the devs. Some games do a weekly/monthly address to the community talking about the "hot" issues, explaining the problems and talking about the estimated time/requirements to fix. That was always a great read for me, FF14 did it for example... even though the game was complete trash, it was fun reading how the devs planned, and failed, to fix it.

Point being Yes theres a lot of stuff here, but everyone can agree Bioware is doing a GREAT JOB so far, but a little more talking to us wouldn't hurt anything.

And no I'm not angry lol Caps doesnt mean anger, but emphasis.

---------------------------------------------------

1. Where are your customer relations people!? Tons of questions are asked on the forums daily and I never see any GM/DEV/CR/anything answering these questions. Look at some of the games out there that have a good customer to developer communication, and you will see that communication is the key to having a good player base relationship/forgiving relationship.

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

3. When are we getting Optimized AA? Sure we can force it on now, but everyone knows that is kinda glitchy and can lead to problems.

4. Flashpoint loot problems. Some FPs have loot that is auto-looted by one of the members and nobody else can have a crack at it, any plans on fixing this?

5. When and with what are you going to be updating the CE/Security vendors with? A lot of people are upset with the VIP lounge after you hyped it up so much... what are the plans exactly for implementing new content to these areas.

6. Chat Bug. Are you aware of it? Randomly people will not be able to read/talk in group chat, or general chat etc unless they relog. This is extremely annoying, is there a fix planned?

7. UI tweaking. There is some decent options available now, but a pretty legitimate complaint is that the text size is not adjustable on anything but the general chat box. For those on certain monitors/TVs, it makes reading quest logs, tool tips, anything else really ahrd to read. Also the ability to have better placement/manual placement of the hotkey bars.

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.

--------------------------------------

Added in from other people

9. Social gear scaling. Great idea putting this in, but the way that it currently is moddable, only classes that never get hit can benefit from this. They can get all their stats and such,but nobody else has these benefits. Any plans on making it un-moddable?

10. Someone mentioned chairs. Should be more chairs to sit in, but this was addressed recently that they will get to it, not a hot priority but people asked so heres the info :p

If you have any questions you want answered ask, I know I left a lot out, but it is kind of late and I cant think strait. I'll be checking here often and updating until we get a response of some kind. I will not let this go bioware. You guys are real quick to delete posts, so I know your here, but what is the point of reading the forums if you aren't going to respond and assure your players of your awareness or plans to fix it.

Address your community bioware, it is your only chance to build the relationship!!!!

(What is really sad is all 8 of those up there have been questions asked since beta started a long time ago... and I still have yet to hear anything about them except bioware state that they had plans to allow more customizing of the UI).

I agree with a lot of this and hopefully these bugs will be addressed. I just don't imagine we'll hear much from BW until the "launch" is complete and the bandwidth eases up a bit.

Almost all of the bugs I've experienced occur during times of HEAVY traffic, and a simple relog fixes the majority of issues.

TomWhiting - They didn't admit anything about graphics.. they said people were getting low FPS... maybe their PC is made of wood? That's not saying anything in detail.

quit being so thickheaded. They admitted they knew about the graphics problem. I posted proof, you just wanted to deny it. Nice attempt at denial, but it's a failure.

As MANY other people have said:

We're on day 3 of launch. They've got a LOT more to fix about this game than petty things like chatting , things that can be resolved by simply relogging, or even your personal wish list (yes, it is a wish list, nothing more).

These people don't need to be harassed constantly about petty stuff. They need for YOU the customer to actually read what they've said on the matter, instead of being a PITA, whining customer. Yes, that's exactly what threads like this are.

I'm actually quite positive about the way BW is communicating.

Complaints about the grace period: They responded

Complainst about the queues: They responded

Taris issues: Responded

I can go on about several things they responded on. Remember this game has just been released and they have to cope with massive influx of people, new hardware etc. If they manage to communicate like this under this situation I think we can all be happy about the future.

I've yet to see Blizzard, Turbine and other to provide the same level of communication like BW.

1. Where are your customer relations people!? Tons of questions are asked on the forums daily and I never see any GM/DEV/CR/anything answering these questions. Look at some of the games out there that have a good customer to developer communication, and you will see that communication is the key to having a good player base relationship/forgiving relationship.

We read many of the Forums daily, but we are never going to guarantee an answer to every question. It's really not possible.

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

3. When are we getting Optimized AA? Sure we can force it on now, but everyone knows that is kinda glitchy and can lead to problems.

We don't have an ETA on that yet, but it's desired by development.

4. Flashpoint loot problems. Some FPs have loot that is auto-looted by one of the members and nobody else can have a crack at it, any plans on fixing this?

A known issue, and will be fixed.

5. When and with what are you going to be updating the CE/Security vendors with? A lot of people are upset with the VIP lounge after you hyped it up so much... what are the plans exactly for implementing new content to these areas.

We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now.

6. Chat Bug. Are you aware of it? Randomly people will not be able to read/talk in group chat, or general chat etc unless they relog. This is extremely annoying, is there a fix planned?

A known issue, and will be fixed.

7. UI tweaking. There is some decent options available now, but a pretty legitimate complaint is that the text size is not adjustable on anything but the general chat box. For those on certain monitors/TVs, it makes reading quest logs, tool tips, anything else really ahrd to read. Also the ability to have better placement/manual placement of the hotkey bars.

There are more UI customization options coming, although they're a little way out.

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

9. Social gear scaling. Great idea putting this in, but the way that it currently is moddable, only classes that never get hit can benefit from this. They can get all their stats and such,but nobody else has these benefits. Any plans on making it un-moddable?

There are plans to allow those who adopt tanking roles to be able to gain the armor benefits when wearing moddable gear. Again, this is not a high priority feature right now, but I know it's something that Damion feels is important.

10. Someone mentioned chairs. Should be more chairs to sit in, but this was addressed recently that they will get to it, not a hot priority but people asked so heres the info :p

I know more chairs will be available for sitting in the future! :)

Since you are answering questions Stephen, how about the black screen issue that has got prevailantly worse.

Some players experienced this since beta, others have now "inherited" this issue from the last hotfix (I'm one of them) and it's actually not just a small issue to "sweep" under the carpet like some small visual bug, this is a very very big bad, stop you from playing forcing you to reboot issue.

The question is, will we see this issue at least hotfixed somewhat, maybe even a patch rollback (from the patch that was put out this morning that worsened the black screen crash making it more prevailent) before you guys go off to enjoy your holidays?

Or can we expect to have to wait until after the holidays, which I'm sure will likely tick a few people off (myself included first time in months I've had a few days off and I wanted to get stuck in yet can't because of this)?

We are 3 days from the launch. What exactly did you guys expect? I am amazed at people demanding all this stuff NOW. Its this entitlement thing this generation has. No patience no nothing. I want it all and I want it now. Sad I feel bad for the future.

Question if you are able, and thanks for those responses before :)... when/will we see rewards from killing enemy players in PVP such as valor/xp/merc commendations each kill, instead of the current setup where just flipping Ilum is all that matters? Right now you're better off ignoring the enemy and trading the zone as far as I am aware?

We are 3 days from the launch. What exactly did you guys expect? I am amazed at people demanding all this stuff NOW. Its this entitlement thing this generation has. No patience no nothing. I want it all and I want it now. Sad I feel bad for the future.

Yes because a bunch of people being unable to play because of an issue that cannot be delt with client side is being "an entitled" crybaby.

Is it being a crybaby to ask to be able to simply play what you paid for without having to crash every 5 minutes?

Think before you post in future.