Ironic, 1.2 actually made things HARDER for fresh 50s to PvP, not easier...

Sykper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it's incredibly easy to get gear. I have already leveled up new characters, and it was great to have access to recruit gear so I could compete. Getting Battlemaster is even easy now, lol. People seriously need to stop complaining about this and just get their gear - it takes a few days, lol.

Let's take a look at that then.

Recruit to BM- BM does 4% more damage and takes 3% less damage, not a big deal right?

Let's look at BM Force Mystic.

BM also has 1079 end, 970 willpower, 376 power, 204 alacrity, 265 crit, 337 surge, 1224 forcepower.

Recruit has 811 end, 758 WP, 180 power, 294 ala, 309 crit, 126 surge, 1136 forcepower.

So, 268 less end, 212 less WP, 196 less power, 90 more alacrity (the useful stat), 44 more crit, 211 less surge, 88 less forcepower

That's 2680 less health, about 1.4% less crit, about 100 less spell damage, about 18% less crit damage bonus.

Add to that expertise- and you're looking at closer to a 20% drop in ability from a BM to a recruit damage wise and survivability wise.

Not such a small difference after all.

this ^^^^

people keep ignoring this.

Again, it's incredibly easy to get gear. I have already leveled up new characters, and it was great to have access to recruit gear so I could compete. Getting Battlemaster is even easy now, lol. People seriously need to stop complaining about this and just get their gear - it takes a few days, lol.

if you get 3 or 4 medals, it's still not worth it.

20 coms, zero or near zero credits......means you can't even buy a warzone medpack much less ever get to BM gear.

lets say you get 40 comms per match (which is actually on the high side for losses), and you play one full match per 30 minutes (playing + queuing)

it's 84k coms to get WH armor

that's 2100 matches at 40 coms/match.

that's 63k minutes, or more than 43 full 24-hour days of play time. or that's more than a year of playing 4 hours a night 5 days a week (playing 20 hours a week for a full year). that's only time spent doing nothing but pvping. add time if you want to, say, craft or go to the bathroom.

by that time, there will be multiple new, better sets so you won't be even in gear even after all that time.

and that's with a fairly high number of coms won from the losses.

and that's without having to get your BM gear first, which is a whole 'nother grind.

yes, you get some from dailies, and you win win from time to time when you get with a premade and against pugs...but come on....

if you get 3 or 4 medals, it's still not worth it.

20 coms, zero or near zero credits......means you can't even buy a warzone medpack much less ever get to BM gear.

lets say you get 40 comms per match (which is actually on the high side for losses), and you play one full match per 30 minutes (playing + queuing)

that's 63k minutes, or more than 43 full 24-hour days of play time. or that's more than a year of playing 4 hours a night 5 days a week (playing 20 hours a week for a full year). that's only time spent doing nothing but pvping. add time if you want to, say, craft or go to the bathroom.

by that time, there will be multiple new, better sets so you won't be even in gear even after all that time.

and that's without having to get your BM gear first, which is a whole 'nother grind.

yes, you get some from dailies, and you win win from time to time when you get with a premade and against pugs...but come on....

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody who purely solo queues, as well, by the way. I had no issue obtaining my gear, what-so-ever.

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody who purely solo queues, as well, by the way. I had no issue obtaining my gear, what-so-ever.

1) it was easier before the patch.

2) when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

3) if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

and even if you get 3 medals, that's USUALLY a non-zero reward, but it might as well be. 15-20 coms with zero credits might as well be zero. you are never going to get better gear that way. in fact, you can't even buy a warzone medpack for that.

It's quite frankly a sign of your self-absorption to think that if it isn't happening to you, it must not be happening to others.

You get 40% of a win when losing, incase you have avarage skill i.e 8 easy medals.

Wins seem to cap at 100WZ comms as far as I've seen, I've never gotten more from a win with above 8 medals.

You also cant count with every game being a loss unless you really really suck. You also cant count with every member on the other team being BM/WH geared and your whole team is Rec geared.

But people on the forums love to exaggerate when trying to argue their point. But in the end they have very little to back up anything they whine about.

Easy solution, learn to play.

For these complaints to make sense, you have to assume that low ilvl players are on one team versus War Hero players on the other team. Clearly, this is not the case. Second, and more importantly, even if you lose 70% of you games, it STILL only takes a few days to get a full set of BM. Getting expertise so you don't blow up instantly is easy, and gearing up is relatively quick and easy.

It sounds like those complaining just don't want to be playing an MMO. You do have to invest some time into the game, and you do get rewarded for that time. Deal with it or go play an FPS.

I must be doing something wrong because I get gear pretty easily. I hit 50 on wednesday, had 1k warzone and merc comms saved. After patch hit I bought recuit set and BM weapon and started solo queueing.

Now I have added BM chest, gloves and legs. And I have actually lost more games than I have winned. But the thing is I have never quitted warzone so I actually get those rewards in every warzone I participate.

I can top damage/objectives on warzones and I feel that I can compete perfectly well. Gearing so much faster and easier after 1.2. I really like that I don't have to spent time to grind some ranks and bags for new chars and instead I can buy new set and start pvping in full pvp gear.

THIS!!!!!

I am so so so happy they remove the stupid bag system it was horrible, at least now you have clearly defined cost for getting the good gear, thank you bioware.

and also big thank you for letting us use speeders in spaceports VERY VERY VERY good decision

You get 40% of a win when losing, incase you have avarage skill i.e 8 easy medals.

Wins seem to cap at 100WZ comms as far as I've seen, I've never gotten more from a win with above 8 medals.

You also cant count with every game being a loss unless you really really suck. You also cant count with every member on the other team being BM/WH geared and your whole team is Rec geared.

But people on the forums love to exaggerate when trying to argue their point. But in the end they have very little to back up anything they whine about.

yeah, it is easy to get medals....except for certain circumstances

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

Edited by Jeopardydd

I PvP because I enjoy it. The more people that enjoy it the faster the queues...

As soon as anyone asks for something to encourage PvP participation the "cut off my own nose to spite my face" brigade cuts in with Epeen or , "never seen the issue" style posts..

IMHO,

I doubt it hurts you very much if someone else gets 30 commendations instead of 10.

IMHO,

Instead of posting against these sorts of posts, maybe you could toughen up and bear the pain so that they continue to queue.

Many games have died due to a dwindling PvP pool, be part of the solution if you can.

So after going through some of the responses, I like how much support I got from many people, and I also appreciate the constructive feedback concerning potential benefits to the new system. And then there were others who simply wish to do nothing more than remind me that I am making a complaint, which is completely fair.

To the latter two catagories, I inquire this:

- Was it better pre-1.2 for the warzone grind to be fixated on a very high amount of commedations, but the disparity between winning and losing was not so great provided you gained a good amount of medals, and in theory, must have performed better?

- Or post-1.2, where the supposed gear differences (in reality are much higher than 5%remind considering stat gains) are to level the play field, and force you to win, or otherwise earn next to nothing?

The warzone/PvP is headed into a cut-throat direction I fear.

I completly miss your point. Its harder for fresh 50s to pvp? How in the name of god is it harder? How is it a grind? I had my alt ding 50 on friday and i allready have 3 pieces of BM gear. It would take a month of 20-25 wzs daily to get before 1.2, now ill have full bm within a week of dinging - thats when the most war hero pieces people have will be 1.

Can someone explain to me why is it harder for fresh fifties now? Im not following, it wasnt explained by the OP and im really curious.

I completly miss your point. Its harder for fresh 50s to pvp? How in the name of god is it harder? How is it a grind? I had my alt ding 50 on friday and i allready have 3 pieces of BM gear. It would take a month of 20-25 wzs daily to get before 1.2, now ill have full bm within a week of dinging - thats when the most war hero pieces people have will be 1.

Can someone explain to me why is it harder for fresh fifties now? Im not following, it wasnt explained by the OP and im really curious.

it's not hard if you are in a position to get a lot of wins on a consistent basis (i.e. not in a light server on the underpopulated and undergeared side as a pug).

for people in that situation,

Edited by Jeopardydd

yeah, it is easy to get medals....except for certain circumstances

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

Look, I understand that putting in effort and getting nothing in return for it is frustrating.

But you're talking about getting facerolled - the other team is so good compared to yours that your entire team gets completely dominated.

Why exactly should your team get a reward for that which is in any way comparable to theirs?

I was in a huttball match the other day where the other team played a near perfect game, it was over in about 3 minutes and they just ran a flawless chain of passes/leaps/pulls. The rewards my team got were obviously poor, but we sure didn't deserve more.

Look, I understand that putting in effort and getting nothing in return for it is frustrating.

But you're talking about getting facerolled - the other team is so good compared to yours that your entire team gets completely dominated.

Why exactly should your team get a reward for that which is in any way comparable to theirs?

I was in a huttball match the other day where the other team played a near perfect game, it was over in about 3 minutes and they just ran a flawless chain of passes/leaps/pulls. The rewards my team got were obviously poor, but we sure didn't deserve more.

that's an easy one - because if the people who are getting destroyed on a regular basis, particularly if their faction is underpopulated and undergeared compared to the semi-pro premades they fight, can never get enough rewards to get the gear to be copetitive, THEY WILL STOP PLAYING.

that's bad for the game, and therefore, ultimately bad for everybody.

but lets try a little mind exercise here, ok?

1) "of course you get destroyed when you are in such bad gear!"

2) "of course you shouldn't get coms when you get destroyed!"

can you spot the catch-22 here?

I have a rank 57 sniper. This is because I did not PvP much with my sniper and preferred other alts for it. The only reason I will queue right now is because I have yet to see orange gloves/boots that do not require valor 60.

And currently I try not to PvP without friends since the reward system is botched up.

For these complaints to make sense, you have to assume that low ilvl players are on one team versus War Hero players on the other team. Clearly, this is not the case.

Hi, pull random, unverified speculations out of your butt much?

Unless you are on a server with an unbalanced population, and all the decent to good pvp'ers are on one side. On my server, the only time when Sith have any sort of challenge vs Republic is

7pm when a PVP guild logs on with pre-mades, until 11pm when they log off. All other times, we faceroll Republic side, to the point where most of them don't even qeue anymore, because they will have 3 medals at the most,

while the lowest person Sith side has at least 12 medals.

Sadly yes

1) it was easier before the patch.

2) when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with too few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or

heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

3) if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

and even if you get 3 medals, that's USUALLY a non-zero reward, but it might as well be. 15-20 coms with zero credits might as well be zero. you are never going to get better gear that way.

in fact, you can't even buy a warzone medpack for that.

It's quite frankly a sign of your self-absorption to think that if it isn't happening to you, it must not be happening to others.

/Sigh

1) "of course you get destroyed when you are in such bad gear!"

2) "of course you shouldn't get coms when you get destroyed!"

why am I the only one who can spot the catch-22 here.

/Sigh

You can get more than 100 comms for a win....easily in some games, however for a close loss the max I've see is ~45, for a whitewash in HB eh round 25 if you're very lucky, while the average for a win is ~80.

But wait, yes we are all on servers with faction balance where players meet each other with equal gear levels.......oh wait

And before this change, when it took a couple months to go Centi-Champ-BM, wasn't a grind?

I was missing 3 pieces of BM when 1.2 dropped, and by Saturday I was fully geared. It's almost too easy now.

The real grind is War Hero gear, with only the 99 from dailies and the weekly + swapping WZ coms at 3:1, it's gonna take a while.

I do agree losing WZs need better rewards, but not because of gear, just for the time spent. More credts/etc would be nice.

Go roll a new toon, do PvP and come back to us.

Sadly yes

/Sigh

/Sigh

You can get more than 100 comms for a win....easily in some games, however for a close loss the max I've see is ~45, for a whitewash in HB eh round 25 if you're very lucky, while the average for a win is ~80.

But wait, yes we are all on servers with faction balance where players meet each other with equal gear levels.......oh wait

Go roll a new toon, do PvP and come back to us.

yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another lowbie complaining he isnt getting to play in the big boys league as soon as he logged on his toon.

-Stop hiding behind make belief figures and face the music : it took months before 1.2 to get ur full bm gear and title as well...now there is no rank requirements which means any noobs who knows what saving is can get pretty much half a set of bm gear the second they ding 50.

-How is that fair compared to those that came / played before you ? I am annoyed that all the noobs are running around bm geared after a week of the patch when it took me so long to get there thanks to the old RNG system.

But i can deal with it compared to all the fools n whiners who believe they can be top tier geared in mmos soon as they begin, just accept the much more bearable grind of 1.2 because trust me, it is E-Z mod !!!!1!!1!

-And before you start whining about alts blablabla, i just dinged 50 with my alt and guess what ? Already got 4 of the more "expensive" bm pieces without having even tried to save wz coms/ ranked wz coms (for converting). And all that in the space of two days. Would have taken weeks before.

Yes grinding is boring and being squishy at first is very hard especially when you lose but you will a difference with each piece of bm you purchase.

-But maybe none of that is irrelevant. because I could also assume that you have any of the following :

(a) no understanding of your class and probably don't know when to use your CDs (if you even use them at all)

(b) you have gone for a spec that makes no sense (13/14/13)

© bad choice of gear (dps spec wearing tank gear)

(d) lvl30 greens still equipped

(e) you are a pvp "clicker"

(f) you only call incomings once you are dead; fight away from nodes; suffer from the rambo syndrome ( "i will attack right while everyone is defending mid...hihihi they will never see this coming, plus that node seems totally unguarded......I'm gonna be such a hero, general chat is gonna loooooove meh <3 "); any other symptons of noobishness.

(g) you are just still new to swtor pvp or pvp in general, and frankly will need a bit of time to learn how to behave in pvp situations ( and nobody can blame you for that, every pvper, no matter how good they are now, has had to have a first match).

(h) you have been pwned by bad luck or timing ( playing at newbie hour/ facing a top enemy pvp guild when it's their usual logging in times/ lag decided to keep you company for the duration of that match /any ******* insane crap that happens to all of us.

I mean, to the anonymous out there, my reasons for you to possibly suck are as legitimate as your reasons why pvp sucks. See I can make up things too, no hands !

My point is the issue you're presenting us with can be summed up to "I LOSE A LOT AND THEREFORE I'M GETTING MY BATTLEMASTER TIER GEAR NOT AS FAST AS I HOPED...I WILL ALSO PUT 1.2 IN MY POST TO MAKE IT SOUND MORE SERIOUS AND LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT".

And frankly it is much easier to gain than before patch 1.2, seriously don't you people remember general chat being flooded with posts like "Yayyy!!!! 12th BM bags and still no BM coms :(((" or such as " F********************K YOU, RNG, F*******************K YOU!!!!!!!" or the good old "I am so sick of this s**t. It's not fun anymore. Unsubbed. Will come bk when it's fixed."

So sorry for reminding you all of how harder things were back then and that you seriously need to stop moaning all the time.

Besides won't you feel like one of the big boys, if you got your gear like they did ? :p

TL;DR version :

to say things are harder than before 1.2 patch is an obvious lie; people need to stop complaining; learn to play

Edited by Alkazarr