Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just wondering who will Not be playing Empire vs. Republic 6.0

MandFlurry
10.05.2018 , 06:09 PM | #1
Just thought i'd ask, as for me i have no reason to play such a stupid thing in my opinion, I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, and it makes me really sick and tired that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

Either it's me quitting the game, or just level my characters without doing anymore so-called story lines. I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2018 , 06:44 PM | #2
As of right now, I will not be doing 6.0.

I will be keeping an eye on the available info, YouTube, the other sources we can't really discuss here, in case something changes my mind, but as of right now, my characters will all be stopping after Nathema. I'm not even sure if they are going to be taken through 5.10. There's nothing whatsoever about the upcoming story pieces that we have heard that appeal to me.

I have no desire to see my characters lose everything they've worked for and get thrown back into some tired, never-ending war as a lackey to a faction.

I have no desire to lose more companions via them leaving to their old factions, or getting bricked after they've faced kill options.

I don't care about the remaining companion returns because the ones we've received this year have been so terrible, and we'll never see those companions again anyway.

I'm not going to do Ops, PvP or group activities to try to get some new tier of gear.

So yeah, I'd like to keep playing my existing characters up to Nathema, and perhaps replaying some class stories, but unless there's some great news that convinces me otherwise the game is over, story-wise.

MandFlurry
10.05.2018 , 07:23 PM | #3
Yeah, i know how you feel heh
Got CE on 7/20/11

xordevoreaux
10.05.2018 , 07:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
Just thought i'd ask, as for me i have no reason to play such a stupid thing in my opinion, I have been doing a Republic/Rebellion vs. Empire junk for over 40 years with Star Wars, and it makes me really sick and tired that writers might not want to use any real intelligence and Star Wars lore, that's out there for a 3rd faction, although i hope i'm wrong.

Either it's me quitting the game, or just level my characters without doing anymore so-called story lines. I haven't even really done Iokath, as i just haven't felt like doing it.
I think the writers were bullied into doing an imp vs. pub story line after the can't-think-out-of-the-box types that screamed how much they hated KOTFE and KOTET because it wasn't imp versus pub gave them the royal what-for. The writers are just doing what people screamed the loudest about.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

DarthCasus
10.05.2018 , 07:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
As of right now, I will not be doing 6.0.

I will be keeping an eye on the available info, YouTube, the other sources we can't really discuss here, in case something changes my mind, but as of right now, my characters will all be stopping after Nathema. I'm not even sure if they are going to be taken through 5.10. There's nothing whatsoever about the upcoming story pieces that we have heard that appeal to me.

I have no desire to see my characters lose everything they've worked for and get thrown back into some tired, never-ending war as a lackey to a faction.

I have no desire to lose more companions via them leaving to their old factions, or getting bricked after they've faced kill options.

I don't care about the remaining companion returns because the ones we've received this year have been so terrible, and we'll never see those companions again anyway.

I'm not going to do Ops, PvP or group activities to try to get some new tier of gear.

So yeah, I'd like to keep playing my existing characters up to Nathema, and perhaps replaying some class stories, but unless there's some great news that convinces me otherwise the game is over, story-wise.
I applaud you getting them all past or near Nathema. I'd appreciate a Oricon-esque daily zone with great rep items, dyes and some fun achievements. Anything less or comparable to Iokath's daily zone and I'll probably not touch the new stuff either. It just lost all flavor since they went all out with the killing of likable characters and companions because some people wanted to be sour for years about certain people. I mean, Blizzard has killed off a lot of their great characters as well but this game set itself apart with letting us have an actual personal relationship with so many of them.

I'll keep my eye on it but really, I'm saddened by how much steam they've lost in the past 2 expansions.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

MandFlurry
10.05.2018 , 07:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I think the writers were bullied into doing an imp vs. pub story line after the can't-think-out-of-the-box types that screamed how much they hated KOTFE and KOTET because it wasn't imp versus pub gave them the royal what-for. The writers are just doing what people screamed the loudest about.
That's what i'm afraid of what might have happened to. I hope we can all have our factions. I "hope we can".
Got CE on 7/20/11

kirorx
10.05.2018 , 10:35 PM | #7
Personally I am stoked about it.

Been playing since launch it hasnít been emp va republic in a long time.

Most of the base storylines are about In-fighting, emp side especially.

Then it was all about external forces like Kephess and the ever so ongoing battle against the dread masters.

Our first expansion was to fight the Hutts and save Makeb, then it was to Oricon to get back at the dread masters again, even helped save the opposite factions soldier.

Then it was the Revanites and Revan and we completely joined forces for that.

Then there was KOTET and KOTOR

Letís no forget about Dr. Lokin and all his Rakgouls, I think that was the first update to the base Flashpoints.

In fact aside from boarding party; flashpoints have almost all been against some 3rd external force. Even the Korriban/Tython stuff was really about the revanites and not the war.

So; I would love to see more of the war between the sith and the republic, because there really has not been much of it since launch.

Mournblood
10.05.2018 , 11:10 PM | #8
I won't be around for it, but it's not because I don't want to see the game returned to its more traditional Empire vs Republic roots.
Mourne, Founder

IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2018 , 11:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
I applaud you getting them all past or near Nathema. I'd appreciate a Oricon-esque daily zone with great rep items, dyes and some fun achievements. Anything less or comparable to Iokath's daily zone and I'll probably not touch the new stuff either. It just lost all flavor since they went all out with the killing of likable characters and companions because some people wanted to be sour for years about certain people. I mean, Blizzard has killed off a lot of their great characters as well but this game set itself apart with letting us have an actual personal relationship with so many of them.

I'll keep my eye on it but really, I'm saddened by how much steam they've lost in the past 2 expansions.
Thank you.

Yeah, they spent so much time developing these great companions, and then take them away. It's like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead now, where you can't get attached to anyone because they will just be yanked away.

The irony is that even with the huge body count of companions, some people are *STILL* angling to kill off the remaining few we have because apparently things won't be fair until every single one is dead. It's going to get to the point where Scritchy the rakling is going to be the quest giver because he'll be the only one still alive.

Oh wait, he can be sent away to Rishi, too. :/

I wouldn't mind a new planetary area and a new vendor, but the existing ones aren't very much fun for me because of
all the ninjas, so I don't know that I would spend much time there anyway.

Kiesu
10.06.2018 , 01:14 AM | #10
I tend to check out all the story expansion. If they continue with the chapter-format though, I'll likely unsub real fast, still after two years half of my toons have not touched the kotfe since it turned into such a slog after a few playtroughs.

I'm much happier with old Rep v Imp setup than another never-heard-before noname empire jumping out of hyperspace at moments notice to once again threaten the entire galaxy.
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Arts -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.