The "Malora" Incident

QuinlanSaathis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already faked us out with Malgus, it is a continuation of the joke, its pretty clear.

It'd be pretty weird since according to the source all that was already voiced too. They're gonna waste money by voicing something that was never going to make it into the game? I think not. But we'll see.

It'd be pretty weird since according to the source all that was already voiced too. They're gonna waste money by voicing something that was never going to make it into the game? I think not. But we'll see.

Sorry unless you reference the "source" this is worthless, anyone can pick an anonymous source out of their arse

Sorry unless you reference the "source" this is worthless, anyone can pick an anonymous source out of their arse

Sorry, it's against TOS to spread datamine sites. You can find it pretty easy with minimal googling skills though. Or send me a PM.

Edited by Kiesu

I just hope they give her a good enough backstory so the Empire doesn't look absolutely pathetic scrap*ing the bottom of the barrel to fill Dark Council seats.

Agreed. My DS characters all went against her. I imagined she ended up as K'lor'slug fodder & I think they are "scrap-ing the bottom of the barrel" bringing her back. When she was revealed it felt to me like another attempt to make my Sith characters look like weak idiots. Wasn't the dark council all but disbanded during the kofte affair? How did she get on it? I better not be forced to team up with Malora as a companion. Unless she has a kill option.

*cough itwasdatamined cough*

Scourge and Zenith were both datamined as returning and there is information about their conversations available for those who are so inclined to search for it. Neither have returned and I suspect any information regarding Malgus is untrue also. I would like to see all three back as main characters.

I am still mad they trolled us during the stream by revealing the first 3 letters and everyone going "**** MALGUS IS FINALLY BACK" >.>

This was very annoying and childish of them. I nearly switched off the Livestream as that point.

Edited by Sarova

I am still mad they trolled us during the stream by revealing the first 3 letters and everyone going "**** MALGUS IS FINALLY BACK" >.>

I actually chuckled during that moment, it was a good joke on their part. I don't mind characters coming back to life but I hope Malgus stays dead, but if they resurrect him they better do a good job with him. I don't mind characters coming back to life provided what they do after their resurrection is awesome and a worth-while story. I do enjoy how they're bringing back a secondary character from vanilla like that, hopefully Malora will have a good story to her.

Scourge and Zenith were both datamined as returning and there is information about their conversations available for those who are so inclined to search for it. Neither have returned and I suspect any information regarding Malgus is untrue also. I would like to see all three back as main characters.

There has been cut content found in the game files during every expansion and initial launch. Them not having been used doesn't mean they must be red herrings, they might simply be cut content that didn't make it into the game. As we know KOTFE/ET was supposed to have third expansion too, but it got cut short due to less than flattering feedback. Oricon also had a complete separate content involving Emperor cut from it back in the day, the assets are still available.

There has been cut content found in the game files during every expansion and initial launch. Them not having been used doesn't mean they must be red herrings, they might simply be cut content that didn't make it into the game. As we know KOTFE/ET was supposed to have third expansion too, but it got cut short due to less than flattering feedback. Oricon also had a complete separate content involving Emperor cut from it back in the day, the assets are still available.

Oricon had that? Can you PM the info if it isn't allowed in the forums? I've never heard about and now I'm genuinely interested in it.

Agreed. My DS characters all went against her. I imagined she ended up as K'lor'slug fodder & I think they are "scrap-ing the bottom of the barrel" bringing her back. When she was revealed it felt to me like another attempt to make my Sith characters look like weak idiots. Wasn't the dark council all but disbanded during the kofte affair? How did she get on it? I better not be forced to team up with Malora as a companion. Unless she has a kill option..

My hope is that she became an absolute evil genius when it comes to Sith Alchemy. If she's a bit deranged too, so much the better!

A friend had to remind me of her and her quest. Across 40+ characters, I've only done that quest once or twice during my earliest days of playing. I think I sided with her because I thought the other guy was stupid and I was all for helping out the lowly apprentice over Lord Turdface.

Renning gets killed off in the Korriban incursion quest, so if you took the DS option, that was probably Malora's getaway moment.

Mind you, if you took the LS option, it's implied that the falsified data will ruin Renning's career, and they can't both be right...though dissecting tukatas on Korriban as a crappy sidequest until being repurposed as a mid-point FP boss [with no lines] seems like punishment enough as it is.

I liked Malora. I particularly liked the line she gave if you took the LS option and said you were doing it for the good of the empire: "oh so you're going to donate the credits to the imperial orphanage?"

My Sith wouldn't take the time to scrape Malora off their boot, now she is on the council....

Pathetic.

When you meet Malora she is only an Apprentice, likely not long out of training on Korriban herself. 13 years have passed in the timeline since then. Her rise from Apprentice to Darth and then Dark Council member within that time frame is more than believable. That is a long time in which to grow in power and ability.

It is also slower than the Inquisitor's rise, who goes from Acolyte to Dark Council member in the span of only two years. If we're going to declare Malora's rise too rapid to be believable than same must be said about the Inquisitor. Player characters shouldn't be special snowflakes that are held to different standards than the NPCs.

When you meet Malora she is only an Apprentice, likely not long out of training on Korriban herself. 13 years have passed in the timeline since then. Her rise from Apprentice to Darth and then Dark Council member within that time frame is more than believable. That is a long time in which to grow in power and ability.

It is also slower than the Inquisitor's rise, who goes from Acolyte to Dark Council member in the span of only two years. If we're going to declare Malora's rise too rapid to be believable than same must be said about the Inquisitor. Player characters shouldn't be special snowflakes that are held to different standards than the NPCs.

Speaking for most of my Sith, they thought very little of her then and I doubt they will think much more of her now.

But they might surprise us both, my characters have an evolving personality and I can't always predict what they will do.

A friend had to remind me of her and her quest. Across 40+ characters, I've only done that quest once or twice during my earliest days of playing. I think I sided with her because I thought the other guy was stupid and I was all for helping out the lowly apprentice over Lord Turdface.

Yeah, after so may you do start to forget certain other NPCs that were not as important as others in the main storylines.

Considering how many NPCs were killed off in the course of the existing game storyline and how many they decided to off in one swoop in Nathema, I feel like they've had to dig really, really deep to find any NPCs from the original game that are still alive.

Completely off topic....

I want to see Kixi again :)

Considering how many NPCs were killed off in the course of the existing game storyline and how many they decided to off in one swoop in Nathema, I feel like they've had to dig really, really deep to find any NPCs from the original game that are still alive.

Tython NPC possibly still alive : Moracen & Spanios ( the boy and girl you can rat out to Master Yollo for being lovers) , Padawan Fia ( she could have become Master Fia..), Bahlea, Rusa, Tazonthe Ghon, Vyio Kobbeth , Yuleph Phan ( twileks from Kalikori Village)

Korriban NPC possibly still alive : Assistant Overseer Loun ( skinny pureblood woman at the Academy entrance) , Assistant Overseer human-dude-with-crappy-attitude ( next to Loun), cute sentry woman next to the entrance to the tomb ( forgot her name)