An Issue With the Artifice Relics

Wildtee

I've noticed an issue with the crafting specialty artifice. When it comes to the level 50 "legendary" relics that artificers can craft, the fact that they are "bind on pickup" represents a pretty serious hole in this crafting ability versus the others. Essentially, these are the best relics IN THE GAME, and the fact that you cannot share them or sell them to other players is a flaw that would seem to set artifice above other crafting professions - especially considering the reveal of the magenta adegan crystal recipes (which are artifice only), and which, I should note: YOU CAN SHARE.

All of that said, I understand the logic of keeping these items on the player who crafted them, due to the necessity of using biometric crystal alloy and the fact that this material only drops during hard mode flashpoints. Fine. But artificers can also craft lightsabers (which are not the best in the game) that require THREE biometric crystal alloys, and those are completely shareable/sellable.

In any case, my recommendation would be the removal of "bind on pickup" for these top tier artifice relics, and replacing that with "bind on equip" so that artificers can sell or share with their guild the fruits of their labor, in line with what other crafters are able to do - and in line with what artificers are able to do with magenta crystals.

I've noticed an issue with the crafting specialty artifice. When it comes to the level 50 "legendary" relics that artificers can craft, the fact that they are "bind on pickup" represents a pretty serious hole in this crafting ability versus the others. Essentially, these are the best relics IN THE GAME, and the fact that you cannot share them or sell them to other players is a flaw that would seem to set artifice above other crafting professions - especially considering the reveal of the magenta adegan crystal recipes (which are artifice only), and which, I should note: YOU CAN SHARE.

All of that said, I understand the logic of keeping these items on the player who crafted them, due to the necessity of using biometric crystal alloy and the fact that this material only drops during hard mode flashpoints. Fine. But artificers can also craft lightsabers (which are not the best in the game) that require THREE biometric crystal alloys, and those are completely shareable/sellable.

In any case, my recommendation would be the removal of "bind on pickup" for these top tier artifice relics, and replacing that with "bind on equip" so that artificers can sell or share with their guild the fruits of their labor, in line with what other crafters are able to do - and in line with what artificers are able to do with magenta crystals.

All craftable Rakata items are Bind on Pickup, not just Artifice's Rakata Relics. Synthweaving and Armormech have Rakata belts and bracers that are BoP, and Biochem has Rakata Adrenals, Medpacks, and Stims that are BoP. It is working as intended.

Yes, but the difference in those items is that you can acquire rakata gear through hard mode flashpoints and operations, whereas the relics you cannot. Thus, it's a pretty sizeable hole in the system that makes artifice much more advantageous than any other crafting ability.

Another possible suggestion to solve this problem might be to add rakata relics to the mission support type vendors.

• 2 months later...

That is not entirely correct. The rakata items biochem makes at lvl 50 are not available anywhere else. They are not BOP but can only be used by players with lvl 400 biochem. Medpacks, stinks and adrenalines. Additionally, through the entire lvled of crafting biochem consumables any purple items require biochem as well.

Disadvantage, cannot sell the reusable consumables. Advantage, I can use these items without having to make or buy more. Popping adrenalines, especially in war zones and against bosses is great and offers me an advantage which is similar to what I expect you have with your lvl 50 relics set to BOP.

Look at the positive side