I'm not enjoying a story

OllieTShifnal

Depends. If you want "Legendary Player" status and the yellow splotch flair that goes with it, then you *must* finish them, but if you don't care about that, or about scratching any "completionist" itch, then let them go or leave them until last. (At least persevere enough to unlock their Heroic Moment abilities.)

I understand where you are coming from what i suggest is play as many missions and pvp games as you can to level to 50 or higher that way you can rush though the story. some of the main game stories are not for everyone but the expectations do have some great stories that i do recommend working towards to try and play

I felt the same with the Trooper and Inquisitor story lines; the pay off to completing them is minimal IMO. You could get them to auto-complete by jumping ahead to KOTFE or even to Onderon; that should still give you the legendary status (please confirm with somebody else first). You do want to complete the companion stories, there is real payoff in the stories and also in boosts to your stats.

Complete the Knight story. It ends well (quite different from any other class story)

Edited by mike_carton

You could get them to auto-complete by jumping ahead to KOTFE or even to Onderon; that should still give you the legendary status (please confirm with somebody else first).

It does not count. You have to play through the story to get the buffs and the Heroic Mission abilties and the Legendary Player completion.

And you cannot jump ahead to Onderon. The "jump ahead to" points are KotFE Chapter I and Jedi Under Siege (Ossus).

While it pains me to recommend this, if you are seeking to get legendary status, and you are sure you don't care for the story, you could get through the story by simply smashing the spacebar and pressing the 1 key for lightside, 2 key for neutral, and 3 for dark side, and then 1 or 2 for light or dark for the 2 button dialogues. Edited by Hchambers

I know it sounds weird but i'm not enjoying the jedi knight/trooper stories but I want to complete all the story lines. Should I just forget them or leave them till later. Please help.

Ignore the story. Play the game. 😏

Some people really get into the 'story', but even though I'm a 'legendary player' (played all 16 classes), I couldn't tell you much about any of the stories.

And remember, you can always 'spacebar' through the cutscenes if you don't care about the story.

Edited by JediQuaker

Another option is reconsider your characterisation.

By the book, heroic trooper, respectful of their superiors not keeping you entertained? Change it! Start playing your trooper as an anything goes, whatever it takes, wildcard who has no problems telling Garza and the Senate what they really think of Rear Echelon types. You might find it more enjoyable.

Paragon of goodness and virtue, defender of the Republic Jedi Knight getting you down? Change it! Let them follow their passions, flirt with the Dark Side, tell the Council to stuff their Jedi Code. Again, there might be more enjoyment that way.

That's the great thing about SWTOR, more than other games I've played, you really aren't locked into a singular attitude or path, you can play the characters however you want; good, evil, Light, Dark or any mixture thereof. If you're not enjoying a class's storyline, you can take it out on the NPCs and companions around your character, it's your choice and it can sometimes bring back the fun that was missing...

• 1 month later...
Another option is reconsider your characterisation.

By the book, heroic trooper, respectful of their superiors not keeping you entertained? Change it! Start playing your trooper as an anything goes, whatever it takes, wildcard who has no problems telling Garza and the Senate what they really think of Rear Echelon types. You might find it more enjoyable.

This guy knows. The player has the ultimate plot armor. No matter what you pick you can't "lose". I took every opportunity as Imperial Agent to berate the obnoxious Sith lord and she shocked me with lightning once. Then she cried and screamed and told me to get out.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been working on something I probably should have done years ago, but meh. I have finally gotten the Consular, Agent, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter story lines finished to CH3. Trooper is the last and Im currently in CH1 of that line.

For me I loved the inquisitor story, really enjoyed reading it all and playing along. For most of the others I have enjoyed them in the main. Smuggler was fun to be all sarcastic and ******** with. Trooper I am just using the default third option and spacebar. I just cant get into it. But story aside playing is playing and hopefully will have it done soon.

Then I can run the toons i prefer through KOTFE and KOTET to catchup to my mains. Trooper probably wont be part of that lol

You can damn near hit max level with double xp by just doing the class quest should use this time to speed through the ones you dislike so it will make it go quicker once your max level. I usually do all planetary, exploration and class missions on like the first 3 planets I goto usually 50+ by that time with double xp and then just focus on class quest. I'm on my 4th and 5th time doing these stories this double xp event. Some of them I just speed through cause I dislike them too just spacebar everything.

• 2 weeks later...
Depends. If you want "Legendary Player" status and the yellow splotch flair that goes with it, then you *must* finish them, but if you don't care about that, or about scratching any "completionist" itch, then let them go or leave them until last. (At least persevere enough to unlock their Heroic Moment abilities.)

Agreed. Now, I never felt the need or urge to play Bounty Hunter or Smuggler. Just not my thing. Good advice.

Edited by Sappharan