Hourly deals on the CM this friday?

Iwipe

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is very frustrating not knowing the starting time... :(

It has been Friday for 13 hours in Europe by now, and in Austin it is currently 6:20am.

If anyone did not catch it, they talked about it in yesterday's livestream a little bit (starting at 52:39):

Eric Musco: Ha, I was waiting to see-- I was curious if this question would come up. And it is a question that we can only vaguely answer. "How will the Cartel Market sale work tomorrow?" My answer to that would be: "Log in and check!"

Toby McCall: Yeah. It is supposed to be hourly, and some people are, you know-- I am not sure exactly about the details on how they are setting that up, because that is another person that handles that. But there is some cool things, a lot of good sales that we are going to launch. Definitely check it out.

Eric Musco: Log in and check.

Toby McCall: Please do.

[...]

Eric Musco: But I know, since we talked about it, a lot of people are asking a lot of questions about the Cartel Market sale stuff. What I would say is, we might intentionally be vague about it. Just pay attention to our Social Media network sites tomorrow and you'll get some details. I won't say all of the details, but you'll get more details.

Because of that, I think that it will go live while they are in the office, so starting in maybe 3 to 4 hours, and continuing for the next eight hours or so.

Considering that we "only" got 500 Cartel Coins, I don't think the sale is related to the giveaway since "a lot of good sales" will probably cost more than just 500 Cartel Coins. I think it is more directed at people who buy additional Cartel Coins with real money. Or maybe their statistics told them that subscribers have accumulated too many Cartel Coins and want to reduce them for the upcoming Housing project so people need to spend real money for more Cartel Coins.

Also, I get the feeling that it will be a lot bigger than the dyes sold on Black Friday, so we will see more than one item per hour and not just dyes.

In any case, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. :)

Edited by Jerba

Or maybe their statistics told them that subscribers have accumulated too many Cartel Coins and want to reduce them for the upcoming Housing project so people need to spend real money for more Cartel Coins.

That's a sound tactic. That's probably spot on concerning the timing of these sales. I don't know if Bioware has any statistics or anything, but this is certainly what I would do if I were running it =)

That's a sound tactic. That's probably spot on concerning the timing of these sales. I don't know if Bioware has any statistics or anything, but this is certainly what I would do if I were running it =)

Not very sound considering that it's being conducted on a workday. If they really wanted a maximum of "excess cartel coins" to be spent, they would have done it on a weekend. (Or they simply forgot that many subs are paid by jobs and most employers who are not in the video game business don't allow their employees to install let alone log in to video games on their work computers during office hours.)

9AM-12AM CDT. Just went up on the main page - so in about 10 minutes the first deals should start.

I think they messed up the time again... :mad:

It is currently 8:50am in CDT, and 1:50pm in GMT. So either it starts in 10 minutes or 70 minutes. :rolleyes:

http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/promos/20140331_MTXSale.jpg

Treek And Other Items On Sale 4/4

GET DEEP DISCOUNTS ON A DIFFERENT CARTEL ITEM EACH HOUR – APRIL 4 9AM-12AM CDT (3PM-6PM GMT!)

I think they messed up the time again... :mad:

It is currently 8:50am in CDT, and 1:50pm in GMT. So either it starts in 10 minutes or 70 minutes. :rolleyes:

I'd guess they just screwed up the CDT conversion and did it as if it were still CST.

I'm pretty sure it'll start based off of 9am in Austin which means any minute now.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'd guess they just screwed up the CDT conversion and did it as if it were still CST.

I'm pretty sure it'll start based off of 9am in Austin which means any minute now.

You are right, it has started! So it looks like it is only one item this hour:

"Armored Woodland Varactyl" for 80% off, so 480 instead of 2,400 Cartel Coins!

That's a steal right there, bought it at once. :)

You are right, it has started! So it looks like it is only one item this hour:

"Armored Woodland Varactyl" for 80% off, so 480 instead of 2,400 Cartel Coins!

That's a steal right there, bought it at once. :)

It's a nice deal, and I am kinda sad that I bought it when it was only 20% off :D

The Armoured Varactyl that is in the present pack for 480CC?

That doesn't seem right. Or is that a prior version?

No, the pack contains the "Armored Grassland Varactyl", and the direct-sale item that is 80% off now is the "Armored Woodland Varactyl". So it is a different mount, even though it sounds similarly.

and the Kuat drive yard set is for sale too 90% off

That was already 90% off before the hour started, so I don't think it's related to today's hourly sale. Not sure though.

Edited by Jerba

Correct! It has started (as of like...9 minutes ago). We're getting the times updated. Thanks!

-tw

You guys don't use much logic do you? Wouldn't it be better to do this on, ya know, a Saturday where people are not at work and its the day after pay day? Not that it matters I rarely use the CM but still, use some business sense guys.

You guys don't use much logic do you? Wouldn't it be better to do this on, ya know, a Saturday where people are not at work and its the day after pay day? Not that it matters I rarely use the CM but still, use some business sense guys.

It lasts all weekend...

This.

Hey Tait,

I don't want to sound rude or anything but could we get some definite direction on this?

Its after midnight where I am and I'd like something to go on before I decide whether to go to bed or not...

Is it going to be just 1 item per hour? How many hours will this go for? That sort of stuff.

I feel I've been pretty patient tonight and a little guidance is not too much to ask.

:confused:

Hey Tait,

I don't want to sound rude or anything but could we get some definite direction on this?

Its after midnight where I am and I'd like something to go on before I decide whether to go to bed or not...

Is it going to be just 1 item per hour? How many hours will this go for? That sort of stuff.

I feel I've been pretty patient tonight and a little guidance is not too much to ask.

:confused:

The front page has an image of the promotion; I posted about it on the previous page.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/promos/20140331_MTXSale.jpg

Treek And Other Items On Sale 4/4

GET DEEP DISCOUNTS ON A DIFFERENT CARTEL ITEM EACH HOUR – APRIL 4 9AM-12AM CDT (2PM-5PM GMT!)

Looks like we will get:

• Armored Woodland Varactyl
  • Unlock for Treek (Mercenary Contract)
  • 5x XP Boost
  • Sienar PR-3 speeder
  • Eradicator's armor set and mask

Edited by Jerba