Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger Runs Like TRASH

Talon_strikes
02.18.2017 , 08:57 AM | #1
This doesn't happen every day or very often but when it does the sporadic lag spikes are SO annoying, especially as a PvP'er. Never had this issue on Pot5 or even for the few days I was on The Bastion back in the day. Why does this server have lag spike issues?
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

americanaussie
02.18.2017 , 09:02 AM | #2
I'm connecting from aus and no real problems on my end. Nothing during pvp anyway.

xordevoreaux
02.18.2017 , 10:55 AM | #3
Wait for the rollbacks that occur on Harbinger, then you'll really have something to complain about.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

fushnchips
02.18.2017 , 11:23 AM | #4
Harbinger runs fine for me but yes roll backs are not the best
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

eriksarcasm
02.18.2017 , 12:11 PM | #5
Only viable server, eh?
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

Nightblazer
02.18.2017 , 12:13 PM | #6
Been on all day and haven't had any issues so far, even with the rollbacks that I can tell.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Keta
02.18.2017 , 12:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
This doesn't happen every day or very often but when it does the sporadic lag spikes are SO annoying, especially as a PvP'er. Never had this issue on Pot5 or even for the few days I was on The Bastion back in the day. Why does this server have lag spike issues?
i was trying to finish up a pvp mission for conquest points last night and had to stop due to the horrid lag spikes I was experiencing in warzones. Not good.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

HuaRya
02.18.2017 , 12:23 PM | #8
I'm closer to Shadowlands/JC and Harbinger always out performs in areas that are notorious for lag like voidstar. Has Harbinger reached some kind of capacity limit maybe it's time to build a wall and keep out transfers.
“I grok in fullness.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Andryah
02.18.2017 , 12:50 PM | #9
Since from other comments in the thread here, it clearly is not impacting all players on Harbinger, you need to dig a little deeper to see where the actual source of the spiking is happening.

Why? Because it is not uncommon for there to be issues somewhere on the internet route between you and the server that are the actual culprit. Keep in mind, Harbinger is physically located in southern California, and there are many different intermediate backbone routes to/from.

Get yourself the free version of pingplotter, install it and then use it to track routing performance between you and the server. It will display every hop on the path and what the latency is at each hop. If there is a performance issue to the router, you will see it in pingplotter and where it is happening. If it happens prior to the server farm, there is almost nothing the studio can do about it.

Pingplotter requires a IP target address to work, and they are as follows:

East Coast servers: 159.153.92.28
West Coast servers: 159.153.68.252

Intermediate backbones on the routes inside California can and do experience performance issues from time to time, likely because of A) the high population in California and the rampant use of streaming for video and even TV broadcasts by users these days... and/or.... B) system maintenance or other performance actions by the owner(s) of the backbones.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

NeverLoseFaith
02.18.2017 , 12:52 PM | #10
Same thing goes on The Red Eclipse last 3 days.. There are already 2 Threads at Bug Reports.
Peace is a Lie