Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Think I'm done with the CM


Edyn's Avatar


Edyn
02.17.2017 , 09:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Do what I do. Get them and open them for the fun of seeing what's in there.
So... you're the person who actually experiences "The Thrill of the Hunt™" that we've all heard so much about?

IanArgent's Avatar


IanArgent
02.17.2017 , 11:33 AM | #12
Enh; I'll buy the occasional CM pack to the "new card smell." If I want something specific, I'll play the GTN minigame. I buy CM packs because of the unknown. If I don't like what I get, someone else might, I'll pass it on. I'm not buying packs to get anything specific, though; not even to get stuff to sell for the money.

But I don't buy many packs in a year, either.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
02.17.2017 , 11:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Here are the rules when it comes to any packs, supercrates or hypercrates.
  1. Don't open them after you buy them.
  2. Sell unopened packs, supercrates and hypercrates on the GTN.
  3. Use the credits earned to buy the specific armor, mount, weapon, etc you want off the GTN.
  4. Go back and read rules 1, 2 and 3.
So much this.

The best route to go with the Cartel Market is to spend any cartel coins you purchase or obtain, on unopened packs or hypercrates, which you can sell on the GTN for a large profit. Use the credits from your GTN sales to buy the item you want directly from the GTN, without needing to worry about dice rolls.

The only packs worth opening yourself are any you buy from the GTN with credits. If you spent real money on it, sell it unopened.

Jplankey's Avatar


Jplankey
02.17.2017 , 01:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Here are the rules when it comes to any packs, supercrates or hypercrates.
  1. Don't open them after you buy them.
  2. Sell unopened packs, supercrates and hypercrates on the GTN.
  3. Use the credits earned to buy the specific armor, mount, weapon, etc you want off the GTN.
  4. Go back and read rules 1, 2 and 3.
<------This

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
02.17.2017 , 08:56 PM | #15
I buy armor/weapons etc on the CM when I see something I like available for DIRECT PURCHASE. I refuse to buy packs or HyperCrates. I'm not gonna support that nonsense....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Orictor's Avatar


Orictor
02.17.2017 , 09:49 PM | #16
Unless your a GM or one who puts out $300-$400 a month, I've given up on it also. Chance cubes included. mm A real good chance you'll lose your $$ is what they are.
"Having a problem with your Droid?" "What,..no problem, why?:

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
02.17.2017 , 10:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
[...]

Maybe, some time in the distant future, we might be able to resist pulling the lever on a *********** slot machine and just experience a full MMO via subscription... you know, like the good old days...
^That^ wasn't even all that long ago, either.

/Signed, another GenX gamer micro-transaction refusenik (<---second, evolved meaning, ofc)

The core question, though, is:

How in every Hell that ever was/is/will be have we allowed it to come to this in the first place?

I mean, day-1 paid DLC? Isn't that the sort of thing that got companies shut down and the owners indicted, once?
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Kurfer's Avatar


Kurfer
02.18.2017 , 12:18 AM | #18
Who wastes money on the CM anymore? The gear sets are getting uglier and uglier. I just buy credits from some dude on player auctions and buy the crap I want on the GTN. I get WAY more for my money ($25USD = 60mil+ credits) and I can pick and choose what I want.

Give me a crap exploitative system and i'll just work around it.

I don't feel bad about it either, I feel like i'm fighting fire with fire.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
02.18.2017 , 01:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
[...] I just buy credits from some dude on player auctions [...]
I hope that ^that^ isn't saying what it looks like it's saying.

Because I'm sure you wouldn't cheat, egregiously violate the EULA, and actually buy in-game credits for real money --IE "buy gold"-- now would you?
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Lium's Avatar


Lium
02.18.2017 , 02:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
Who wastes money on the CM anymore? The gear sets are getting uglier and uglier. I just buy credits from some dude on player auctions and buy the crap I want on the GTN. I get WAY more for my money ($25USD = 60mil+ credits) and I can pick and choose what I want.

Give me a crap exploitative system and i'll just work around it.

I don't feel bad about it either, I feel like i'm fighting fire with fire.
The primary reason I would never buy credits is not just because it's against the EULA, but because I don't want to get my account hacked.