Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is ultimately a failure becuase

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR is ultimately a failure becuase

LordArtemis
05.25.2013 , 10:57 PM | #21
IMO this post would have been relevant before the launch of free to play, the Cartel Market, appearance kiosk, dye system, achievements, Orange adaptable gear added to the store from popular design requests...but now it seems like it is completely off base.

These are all items that the community requested from launch in whole or in part. It seems this post belonged back then...but it does not apply now.

Lewintelamon
05.26.2013 , 12:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The lack of playable Gungan.....
Just that half would crack me up if BW had a massive brain fart and decided to introduce playable Gungans....

Sith....Gungan.

One would wonder how they ever made it off Korriban....
It's "elder game", guys. The day this game gets an actual "endgame" is when BW pulls the plug on the servers. MMORPGs don't have an "end".

Darth_Moonshadow
05.26.2013 , 12:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewintelamon View Post
Just that half would crack me up if BW had a massive brain fart and decided to introduce playable Gungans....

Sith....Gungan.

One would wonder how they ever made it off Korriban....
There actually was a sith lord Gungan. Not much is known about them, but they existed.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

midianlord
05.26.2013 , 01:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The lack of playable Gungan Sith Lords is TOR's major failure. Nothing else you guys have mentioned comes close.
/Thread.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Pistols
05.26.2013 , 01:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Actually, Bioware didn't really listen to anybody. This was well documented during beta.
^ /thread

And the blame needs not to fall on BW, but fully on EA. BW does what EA tells them too.

ZirusZero
05.26.2013 , 01:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
^ /thread

And the blame needs not to fall on BW, but fully on EA. BW does what EA tells them too.
On the topic of companion deaths...

Players: OMG I KILLED QUINN EVEN THOUGH A POP-UP WARNED ME OMG BIOWAER REMOVE NAO!!!!!111!!!@
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

LordArtemis
05.26.2013 , 05:16 AM | #27
At any rate I am sure there will be folks that do not like the recent changes....because they were probably playing the game, very happy with it's state when it was circling the drain back in the spring.

This game has very little in common with that game back then, and that is a good thing.

So folks that dislike the recent changes needed to keep the game alive and vibrant is understandable IMO.

Arkerus
05.26.2013 , 08:13 AM | #28
The OP isn't even remotely close to being correct.

Whether right or wrong, Bioware chose to follow their own model of the game even in the face of user suggestions that were ultimately rejected for various reasons.

There is certainly NOT one of the user driven MMOs out there. Bioware by and large develops and implements how they see fit. User feedback is something they use but I see very little of it used to make major game design decisions. (And in defense of Bioware, I agree with that. Unless you want to end up like Firefall.)
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

JediJonesJr
05.26.2013 , 08:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
so...no one should ever voice Feedback? gotcha.

yes fanboys who could make or break this game won't attack issues because the star wars name must remain untarnished so anyone trying to offer constructive criticism is called a troll.

suggestion lets just stop complaining and let those who feel game is great and wonderful continue there are many more games coming soon that we all can test and see if they surpass the trainwreck we currently play, so all you fanboys flame away, i'll come back when the game is down to 1 server took AoC 5 Years to break down to a one server system and they had tons of fanboys also in denial.

if the fanboys were truly fans of the star wars universe they would at least you think they would want a better game and help to see it thrive but no we see nothing but ignorance and denial like i have seen in many other games with a heavy fanboy base.

P.S.> being a fanboy is not derogatory be proud stand up and show you are willing to accept anything even if it is subpar and broken.

this game does not have to be a failure just needs players who want to see it do well stand up and voice their concerns in a civil manner and unite to improve game or just sit back and watch it die slowly.

this line is funny so you are telling us who bought the game if we don't like swtor we should do the following.
Quote:
Why don't you go get a job in the industry if you can make a better game?
no wonder this game has issues....

RepublicChicken
05.26.2013 , 08:24 AM | #30
Just a quick question, folks. BioWare brought the computer RPGs back from the dead with Baldur's Gate, and they've been on top ever since with games like SW: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Despite that SW: The Old Republic went F2P, it's still going great. So when EA got the Star Wars licence, BioWare was an obvious choice for more Star Wars RPGs. How do you think BioWare got to this position? Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be because they are smart people who knows what they are doing? It doesn't matter what individual players want or think. BioWare, just like any other company, considers what the market wants, and tries their best to give them that. If you dont like it, that's too bad. The majority does.