Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger Runs Like TRASH

NeverLoseFaith
02.18.2017 , 12:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Since from other comments in the thread here, it clearly is not impacting all players on Harbinger, you need to dig a little deeper to see where the actual source of the spiking is happening.

Why? Because it is not uncommon for there to be issues somewhere on the internet route between you and the server that are the actual culprit. Keep in mind, Harbinger is physically located in southern California, and there are many different intermediate backbone routes to/from.

Get yourself the free version of pingplotter, install it and then use it to track routing performance between you and the server. It will display every hop on the path and what the latency is at each hop. If there is a performance issue to the router, you will see it in pingplotter and where it is happening. If it happens prior to the server farm, there is almost nothing the studio can do about it.

Pingplotter requires a IP target address to work, and they are as follows:

East Coast servers: 159.153.92.28
West Coast servers: 159.153.68.252

Intermediate backbones on the routes inside California can and do experience performance issues from time to time, likely because of A) the high population in California and the rampant use of streaming for video and even TV broadcasts by users these days... and/or.... B) system maintenance or other performance actions by the owner(s) of the backbones.
Dude stop with that Spam post please. The same time that I am getting Disconnected or getting 3k ping in game, the same time the speedtest shows 16 ms. Please. It's server problem. There are a lot of people joined back the game. Game is really active. If it is because of that I am really happy but we still need a fix. If it's not because of that then something went wrong on last Maintenance.
Peace is a Lie

Nightblazer
02.18.2017 , 01:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NeverLoseFaith View Post
Dude stop with that Spam post please. The same time that I am getting Disconnected or getting 3k ping in game, the same time the speedtest shows 16 ms. Please. It's server problem. There are a lot of people joined back the game. Game is really active. If it is because of that I am really happy but we still need a fix. If it's not because of that then something went wrong on last Maintenance.
Then why isn't the issue affecting every player on the server? If it's a server issue, shouldn't it affect everyone? I've played two warzones, 3 flashpoints and a few uprisings since this morning running at about 25 to 35ms and have had no disconnects, lag spikes or any other issues.

If it's such a server problem why am I not affected by it? Like he said it's probably more then just s server problem hence why he suggested ping plotter. Go to the EA HQ forum or here and usually you get the response of grab ping plotter and see what it graphs. It's not always a server problem and when your having issues that program will show you where the issue lies.

It's not just a straight shot connection from your router to the game server.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Andryah
02.18.2017 , 01:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NeverLoseFaith View Post
Hey you.. note that I did not make any judgment as to the cause/source.. only that unless you can check a clean set of hops to/from, you are speaking out your darkside. I simply offered the OP some easy to use tools to actually check the integrity of their connection to the servers, at all hop points. If all hop points are persistently clean, then it is reasonable to assume the server has an issue... but until you check and confirm you are just throwing eggs. Run pingplotter concurrent with playing the game and when you experience lag, latency, or a loss of connection, immediately check pingplotter and see where it happened. This is not rocket science, just basic troubleshooting to help you get your needs met.

Use pingplotter to prove it is the server farm (or it's not), and you have actual data to report to the studio that is actionable. I have experienced both cases over time playing SWTOR, so localize where the issue is, and then report accordingly to the studio if it is indeed on their end of things.

Not according to some in this forum.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Cuiwe
02.18.2017 , 02:20 PM | #14
I've been having weird lag spikes on the Progenitor as well. Mostly during cutscenes of all the things!
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus