200% Damage increase.

This buff is absurd and will result in my death as a tank on every single boss encounter.

My gear is pretty much all moddable with all the best commodation mods i could get, im at roughly 17k health

I cannot survive the 200% damage increase as most bosses start dealing upwards of 20k with each hit.

It needs to be nerfed to something more along the lines of 50 or 20% increase.

Exactly which bosses are we talking about here?

I assume you are talking about hard mode flashpoints, but could you be more specific? Thing is we clear all of them, and I can't remember any boss have any 200% damage increase that isn't an enrage.

Edited by Jigglypants

NO, it is called enrage and has nothing to do with %. All hardmode bosses have enrage timer. If your DPS is not on par you will meet the enrage timer. It varies by the boss, some have 2 mintues enrage timer, others have longer/shorter

I've been running Hardmodes for the past few days and my group has hit the enrage timer on all of the bosses because our team wasn't quite geared for it yet. As a healer I can tell you it's not easy but it's entirely possible to heal through the enrage for most bosses. Perhaps a new strat?

This buff is absurd and will result in my death as a tank on every single boss encounter.

My gear is pretty much all moddable with all the best commodation mods i could get, im at roughly 17k health

I cannot survive the 200% damage increase as most bosses start dealing upwards of 20k with each hit.

It needs to be nerfed to something more along the lines of 50 or 20% increase.

bollocks

its the enrage timer and just means that DPS is slacking ...

the enrage timers in this game are pretty tight so no room for slackers.

I was talking mainly about Black Talon and Hammer Station bosses, seeing as we've only done those.

If you claim that is infact a timed enrage, ill tell my group to step it up.

I might have been mistaken, but the enrage always seemed to occur at 25% flat.. probably just a coinsidence.

Thanks for the feedback :D

I was talking mainly about Black Talon and Hammer Station bosses, seeing as we've only done those.

I might have been mistaken, but the enrage always seemed to occur at 25% flat.. probably just a coinsidence.

its a buff the dude gets ... not that hard to find out ...

There is no hardmode for Hammer Station. We being running Black Talon HM for days now, farming gear drops to prep for operations. There is a tight enrage timer on Commander G but you can kite him as a tank after he enrages.

There is also a tight enrage timer on the bonus droid boss but you can los him behind a pillar.

For the last boss (bubblegum), her enrage timer is short too and so far we have not found a way get around the enrage timer.

(bubblegum)

(Commander G)

(bonus droid)

Yeah enrages is a timed thing. First time we ran BT hardmode we thought it was a % thing too so we idled him down ready to burst but obviously he raged at 50% not 20% so now, we just go for gold from the off.

Depending on the boss, a good tank and healer should survive enrage shot term, as an assassin i just pop everything, usually have lightning saved up ready to heal me as soon as my cd's wear off or if im dying the healer gets in there with his castables (using an operative) and we're usually ok.

The hardest boss i've encountered this on is boarding party because of the AOE from the boss and the constant healing. We did it... but died to the medic thus no loot which was highly highly annoying.

Having done quite a few of these as well, I will echo it is a timer, not % based. Beind dps myself, you have to use EVERYTHING at your disposal. Relics, Stims, the whole 9 yards. This isn't your grandmothers hardmode.

I will say this though, they really need to institute a combat log or dps meter or something. Having those '*** just happened' moments is quite annoying and would REALLY be nice to know what is actually hitting people as to avoid it next time.

Since this thread seems to consist of a bunch of wannabe blowhards...(btw didnt know Hammer has a hardmode!)

There are 2 kinds of Enrage on the Black Talon bosses: hard enrage (happens after a certain time period) and soft enrage (happens at a particular percent).

For example, Yadira Ban has a hard enrage after around 2 minutes. This is a mechanic designed to wipe groups. Her soft enrage is at 10%, and should be planned for with cooldown usage by a tank; ie I'm a Juggernaut so I pop Invincible plus Saber Ward plus the Last Stand type ability (cant remember SWTOR name) and if I have one an armor adrenal. The idea is that at 10% eveyrone needs to pop cooldowns to kill the boss.

I think it's a bit silly that the effects are one and the same in this game; typically in MMOs the timer-based enrage is a guaranteed wipe while the percentage based ones are a bit softer but there doesn't seem to be any difference between the damage output in SWTOR. This usually results in DPS dying to AOE effects by the boss sub-10% "because screw you that's why".

Anyways there's your answer, I read all of page 1 and people being snide so someone may have answered you on P2, but I'd had enough misinformation by the time I got there. FYI, I've cleared HM BT twice and just killed FE yesterday, I've been 50 for all of 3 days (IRL not played).

Edited by Farabee

There is no hardmode for Hammer Station. We being running Black Talon HM for days now, farming gear drops to prep for operations. There is a tight enrage timer on Commander G but you can kite him as a tank after he enrages.

There is also a tight enrage timer on the bonus droid boss but you can los him behind a pillar.

For the last boss (bubblegum), her enrage timer is short too and so far we have not found a way get around the enrage timer.

(bubblegum)

(Commander G)

(bonus droid)

Or your dps could actually spend the million+ credits they got during leveling and buy some decent upgrades/figure out how to dps. Enrages shouldn't be a problem in BT with how easy most of the mechanics are.

Also lol to how people say SWTOR isn't free epics, BT HM and pvp are an example of just that.

Since this thread seems to consist of a bunch of wannabe blowhards...(btw didnt know Hammer has a hardmode!)

There are 2 kinds of Enrage on the Black Talon bosses: hard enrage (happens after a certain time period) and soft enrage (happens at a particular percent).

For example, Yadira Ban has a hard enrage after around 2 minutes. This is a mechanic designed to wipe groups. Her soft enrage is at 10%, and should be planned for with cooldown usage by a tank; ie I'm a Juggernaut so I pop Invincible plus Saber Ward plus the Last Stand type ability (cant remember SWTOR name) and if I have one an armor adrenal. The idea is that at 10% eveyrone needs to pop cooldowns to kill the boss.

I think it's a bit silly that the effects are one and the same in this game; typically in MMOs the timer-based enrage is a guaranteed wipe while the percentage based ones are a bit softer but there doesn't seem to be any difference between the damage output in SWTOR. This usually results in DPS dying to AOE effects by the boss sub-10% "because screw you that's why".

Anyways there's your answer, I read all of page 1 and people being snide so someone may have answered you on P2, but I'd had enough misinformation by the time I got there. FYI, I've cleared HM BT twice and just killed FE yesterday, I've been 50 for all of 3 days (IRL not played).

Have not seen a soft enrage. You can see the hard enrage b/c the boss gets a buff..

Have not seen a soft enrage. You can see the hard enrage b/c the boss gets a buff..

The last boss of HM BT (Yadira) will ALWAYS get the enrage buff at 10% like clockwork. You can DPS her down in 2 minutes, you can do it in 20 seconds, she'll always enrage and start killing people. It's meant to force people to pop cooldowns and kill her.

The last boss of HM BT (Yadira) will ALWAYS get the enrage buff at 10% like clockwork. You can DPS her down in 2 minutes, you can do it in 20 seconds, she'll always enrage and start killing people. It's meant to force people to pop cooldowns and kill her.

Never happens to us. This is one of the bosses where the healer can dps...

It's called enrage, and the bosses gain this buff because you took too long to kill him.

Get your dps to perform better by upgrading their gear and actually figure out how to perform well with their dps-rotation.

Huh, a pity we don't have a tool to measure dps to know where the performance is insufficient.

Never happens to us. This is one of the bosses where the healer can dps...

It probably happened and you burned through it before she did her hop-around ability to kill anyone. The tank damage doesn't ramp up significantly in either enrage mode.

The only enrage i've ever hit in HM flashpoints is Storm Squad at the end of boarding party which is already known for being overtuned. That and Soa, the last boss in the Eternity Vault.

They give pretty ample time to kill things considering the group I run with is using blue 50 - epic 52 gear.

The only enrage i've ever hit in HM flashpoints is Storm Squad at the end of boarding party which is already known for being overtuned. That and Soa, the last boss in the Eternity Vault.

They give pretty ample time to kill things considering the group I run with is using blue 50 - epic 52 gear.

Depends on group comp. Any group with a sniper/gunslinger will beat enrage timers handily, even with a badly-geared sniper. They put out far and above more DPS than any other AC right now.

Unfortunately my guild doesn't have one yet. :(