IS soa still bugged??

So last night our guild did our first EV ops run. We had some people level slower int his game to enjoy the storyline. We 1 or 2 shot every boss up to Soa.

Then came the bugs .... his floor tiles wouldn't respawn, his goo in phase 1 wasn't showing, the tiles in phase 2 would sometimes fall right after the raid would jump down to them. Is there any way to know when a tile is gonna drop before it does and kills the raid?? if there is then it wasn't showing/working for us.

Looked at the 1.1.2 notes and seen nothing really getting fixed on Soa so I'm a little miffed.

He's not bugged, though you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning occassionally, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. It's exactly the same each time and you're either doing it wrong or waiting way too long to jump.

My stream MIGHT still have my guilds Soa attempts up, if not tonight I'll be doing Soa normal again anyways and you can check out what we do then.

Edited by ckoneful

So last night our guild did our first EV ops run. We had some people level slower int his game to enjoy the storyline. We 1 or 2 shot every boss up to Soa.

Then came the bugs .... his floor tiles wouldn't respawn, his goo in phase 1 wasn't showing, the tiles in phase 2 would sometimes fall right after the raid would jump down to them. Is there any way to know when a tile is gonna drop before it does and kills the raid?? if there is then it wasn't showing/working for us.

Looked at the 1.1.2 notes and seen nothing really getting fixed on Soa so I'm a little miffed.

Simple answer is yes. And it likely won't be addressed soon.

The reason being is in the big scope of things the bugs are relatively minor. Read the blog post about exploits and bugs very a very comprehensive explanation on them in this game.

Now onto Soa. I have a post called HM Soa and pillar guide in this section of the forums. It should apply to normal as well and has solutions to make the fight much easier to deal with and the bugs almost a non issue. I know everyone wants this encounter fixed ASAP and I can't speak for the devs. But knowing how coding works and my experience with the encounter itself these are minor issues and they have more pressing issues to fix right now. It isn't as easy as fixing a couple lines of code in a few minutes and voila. It is far more complicated then that.

My advice is read my guide, try to deal with the issues, and be patient with Bioware. This really is a quality game, it has its flaws but overall try to appreciate the good work they have done.

5 min run back because the speeder breaks early if you did 4th on nightmare and then switched back to hard. 10 minutes to get him to final stage. Then have the tank get sucked into a mind trap so the newly targeted person has to scramble to get him into position only to have the spike which is above him somehow manage to kill the player but not break his shield (and no he wasnt moving to explain some weird lag issue). Fun times.

He's not bugged, you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. .

So Soa isn´t bugged, except it is bugged.

I´m confused.

Btw, me and my guild went EV normal mode for our first ops run, did 4/5 progress until Soa, only to find every single problem mentioned above.

I´m also disapoint .

I´m confused.

Btw, me and my guild went EV normal mode for our first ops run, did 4/5 progress until Soa, only to find every single problem mentioned above.

I´m also disapoint .

Only the floor, the fight itself has been fine for myself and my guild. Check my stream if you want, downed Soa normal like an hour ago.

yes he is bugged, but still doable with the blessing of the RNG god.

floors disappearing, floors not spawning, invisible lightning balls and puddles, sometimes the lightning balls teleport, RNG throwing people at the wrong times (technically not a bug, but when he throws someone at 30%, and 1 person doesnt notice and continues to dps, and the platform stage starts, theres no way to save him, he just lives in limbo).....where was i...

the AoE orb debuff staying on soa no matter the amount of times you kill the pyramids, the plyons falling on soa but not removing the buff (even though he kneels), the pylons falling on soa but doing nothing except damaging the tank (can work both ways, as last soa kill i did, the pylons landed on me, and i didnt take any damage but soa went down).

probably missing a few bugs, but those are the ones i ve noticed in the last 2 weeks (all on hard mode mind you), so yes he is still bugged (a lot), but he is still doable with enough tries, luck and teamwork.

edit: forgot about the bug where if the tank gets trapped he despawns (but we usally run it with 2 tanks, both in full dps gear, so we taunt off when 1 tank is trapped)

Edited by Sorny

we had him bug before, if you wipe, do not release UNTIL he resets. It stopped the floors from bugging out. The mind trap on the main tank is bad RNG, just have someone (offtank) taunt him right when the tank goes into the mind trap or he will reset.

He's not bugged, though you have to reset the Op every time you wipe though as the floor itself is bugged respawning occassionally, but you have to just do the fight til you figure out the jump order. It's exactly the same each time and you're either doing it wrong or waiting way too long to jump.

My stream MIGHT still have my guilds Soa attempts up, if not tonight I'll be doing Soa normal again anyways and you can check out what we do then.

he is bugged

1) if he throws a player up in the air (force whirlwind thing) in phase 2 just as the platforms start to drop, that person is dropped dead afterwards and is not ressable - no visible corpse. bug.

2) if the mt is pulled into a mind trap he can reset - bug

3) randomly you can drop a pyramid straight on him and his shield wont break - bug, although rare.

4) in phase 1 he may spawn 6-7 of the slime thingies simultaneously. bug

there's more but i'm tired.

he is bugged

1) if he throws a player up in the air (force whirlwind thing) in phase 2 just as the platforms start to drop, that person is dropped dead afterwards and is not ressable - no visible corpse. bug.

2) if the mt is pulled into a mind trap he can reset - bug

3) randomly you can drop a pyramid straight on him and his shield wont break - bug, although rare.

4) in phase 1 he may spawn 6-7 of the slime thingies simultaneously. bug

there's more but i'm tired.

1. That's the groups fault for improper phase pushing.

2. Tank shouldn't be put into a mind trap but if they are be VOCAL TO YOUR GROUP. Other people have taunts.

3. That's generally faulty position as well, though I have seen it drop on his head directly and not break once

4. Never seen that, but it shouldn't affect anything anyways.

1. That's the groups fault for improper phase pushing.

2. Tank shouldn't be put into a mind trap but if they are be VOCAL TO YOUR GROUP. Other people have taunts.

3. That's generally faulty position as well, though I have seen it drop on his head directly and not break once

4. Never seen that, but it shouldn't affect anything anyways.

1. It's a bug and you know it. The person should not be taken out of the fight, only death at the bottom. The penalty should be having to use a battle res, not a player permanently removed from the fight.

BTW...we had a random mind trap appear at the beginning of the 3rd phase before Soa even appears (yes, we destroyed all of them in the 2nd phase). I was sucked in. When the mind trap was destroyed I was sent into the limbo area. It's a bug, not an intended fight mechanic. Just like I mentioned above. Soa is simply a very glitchy fight that can end in a wipe even if everyone does everything perfect.

I agree with ckoneful

1. not a bug, you can avoid it easily by taking the boss to 30% at right time.

2. Gets fixed on next patch (1.1.2 Soa no longer resets if he uses Mind Trap on the main tank.)

havent enountered the last 2 myself.

-B

the AoE orb debuff staying on soa no matter the amount of times you kill the pyramids

he bugs if u kill two of the first/second/third pyramids to quick, meaning dont let your dealers run in front of the pack cause they just think of "I WANNA DO DPS SO I KILL ANOTHER PYRAMID WHILE THEY R DOING THE OTHER 1STAIR BEHIND ME LOLZ".

kill the pyramids one after another and u should have 0 problems with it.

Edited by flowqz

1. It is indeed true, that columns sometimes don't break Soa's shield.

2. It is true, that the flying thing in phase two can send someone to another instance of the ops. They don't even die, they just fall to phase three and stay there. They can see everyone jumping down, but once they reach the bottom they disappear. The raid can't see the person and the person can't see the rest of the raid.

3. The whole encounter is all about RNG. Dropping the boss is easy as hell. The lightning balls? A joke. (no idea how it works on NM though, only done hards). The third phase? This is when RNG strucks. Here's what happened yesterday:

- 5s to pillar strike.

- 2 lightning balls spawn targeting two main DPSes, both from one pillar, both not three meters away from the boss.

- A mindtrap spawns and sucks in another DPS.

- When the pillar hits three our of 4 dpses are out of the fight either struggling to separate the lightning balls from each other or stuck in the mindtrap.

- 5s to another pillar strike.

- Tank gets sucked into a mindtrap, 2 lightning balls spawn targeting two DPSes.

It's all about RNG. It's either steamroll or a wipe. Nothing in between.

Regards,

Kalantris

We killed him yesterday (only normal mode for now, we just started our raid week). I got into the vortex (or whatever it is called) during the transition from P2 to P3. When I landed, I was on the bottom platform, on which you fight him in P3, but I couldn't move and I couldn't see neither my group mates nor Soa, only the Pillars hovering until they stroke down.

Since it was just normal mode, one healer was easily enough to beat him, but it was still a stupid bug.

The main problem is, that all the mechanics break the encounter, if the occur at the phase transition. They obviously never thought about the possibility, that mind trap or the vortex could occur during a phase transition. :rolleyes:

I mean the game is now out for about 1 1/2 months and this boss was bugged right from the start and they have done NOTHING to fix him.

Oh, and by the way:

"Karagga no longer fires his Unstable Energy twice in a row."

WRONG, he casted it on us (also only normal mode) twice in a row again during the encounter. This is no encounter breaker, since you can live with it even in nightmare mode, but is speaks volumes about Biowares ability to fix bugs.

Uh...okay...so the encounter is not bugged, but the floor is bugged... :D;)

Edited by Gerudan

I agree with ckoneful

1. not a bug, you can avoid it easily by taking the boss to 30% at right time.

2. Gets fixed on next patch (1.1.2 Soa no longer resets if he uses Mind Trap on the main tank.)

havent enountered the last 2 myself.

-B

Just because there is an effective workaround does not mean something is not a bug. Unless you think it was intended that someone being flung around in the lightning tether when floor breaks should be removed from fight completely - with no corpse to rez - then it is a bug.

the 16 man bugs are much more prevalent than the 8. we had no problems with soa on the 8 and have one shotted him (normal).

last night we experienced these:

1. green goo spawns and is not visible until you are pretty much dead due to the slowing unless a healer can rescue you.

2. orbs constantly spawn and must be blown up by a tank or someone that is bubbled by a sage. if this is part of the mechanic, then it *********** sucks. it is not like this in 8 man.

3. orbs tend to disappear. after you either blow them up or kite them until they despawn which they rarely do, they will disappear and come back up to blow you up for an instant kill.

4. floors were not spawning back -- had to reset instance.

5. constantly being thrown into combat after wipe and no one has attacked or got near him.

6. pylons were dropped straight on him and doing nothing but hurting the tank.

there also needs to an addition to being able to SEE the pylons. very hard to see the pylon with messing with your camera angles right away. this doesn't help when you are also being chased by orbs and stuff. i feel sorry for the tanks in the soa fight.

also..16 man aoe healing blows. we had 4 healers 3 sages and one commando medic and when 3 of us throw our aoes at the same time only 2 of the groups get healed. my group was not being healed although they were in both other casters aoe including mine.

so after attempting 16 man normal several times and it being very bug heavy i am saying screw 16 mans and i'll stick to 8 mans.

I´m confused.

I´m also disapoint .

Same for us as far as the bugs were concerned. We seem to always have the bad luck of either being locked out of the instance or the boss bugging. SOA despawns at 5%. We could not loot from the Ancient Pylon chest either.