8 Days now...

Josmoda

So I've had the game eight days now, I seem to be struggling to find a server and a character. I have played on Canderous Ordo & Keller's Void since they are both east & pve type servers, I also live in Tennessee so they both sync with my tz. Only bad thing about CO is it is often full, so getting in can take some time everything else about there is find friendly people willing to help with whatever you might need.

The other problem I am having is finding a class...my wife says I seem to favor the darker side of things and play classes that like to heal other players. We both played the horde on wow but I was a Paladin and she was a Shaman, we quit 6 months after the launch of cata. She bought me this game as a valentine present so I have 30 days free + a 60 day game card.

I have tried out some classes my first was a Consular Shadow however to me it seemed like mist of his skills required a great deal of stealth.

My second was a Trooper never got out of training since I was bored by level 8 since there really is no challenge to them.

For my third character I decided to try out a Consular Sage it was working rather well until I got to the flash point and there were three sages in the group, they also seem like glass cannons IMO and they are heavily over played.

After him my fourth character was a Smuggler didn't make it very far, so I flipped and made a Agent since he seemed like he would be fun got him to Lv. 10 with no trouble then pick sniper got bored with him too.

For my last character I made a Warrior Juggernaut seemed to like him alot, however I think the companion you get it gets people to embrace slavery with little to know thought at all.

I may try a Knight, Inquisitor or a Bounty Hunter right now though all classes almost seem like a clone of every other character whether they are light side or dark side.

Edited by Josmoda

Shadow Hand is full of great folks. It's east coast PvE and everyone seems to be having a pretty good time.

Just a point of interest: I wouldn't read too much into the SL with the Warrior and Vette. It's just a story element that is a fairly common plot device, especially in fantasy/sci-fi. I don't want to spoil the story for you but there are a lot of opportunities for you to right the wrongs Vette has suffered. This is very much like a choose your own adventure novel :)

Honestly, it doesn't really sound like you're giving any of the advance classes a fair try. It doesn't take long to get out of the starter world and the base class isn't a good judge of how the character will truly play since the advanced classes are the real class.

And if you were having fun playing a Sage, who cares if it's a popular class? Play it because you enjoy it not because everyone else is or isn't playing it.

Re. Vette: You can always play your Warrior as someone who personally hates slavery but since it IS legal in the Empire, goes along with it out of respect/fear of the government but personally doesn't engage in it and does whatever they can within the Sith structure to fight it.

such as freeing Vette of the slave collar, telling her you're partners, etc.

Edited by Lurkz