Hi, I'm new to SWTOR

Seajaydubya

Hi guys and gals.

I'm a long-time fan of SW and somewhat up to speed on MMORPG stuff. From skimming the forums I realize I've a long learning curve to surmount. I've tinkered briefly with SWTOR on an RP server for the last week or so. Love the game so far, still figguring out things, though.

I'm over 50. :) Eyesight ain't so good these days. This eensy weensy Key Commands Legend sheet I acquired when I bought the standard version of the game is, well, it's pretty frickin' unreadable to me. Even with my super-duper 2.50 magnitude old-lady reading glasses.

Does anybody have a blown-up jpg or bmp of the key commands legend? That'd be really helpful.

Seajay

Thanks for the welcome happysister. :)

I'll just haveta create a website or something along those lines for the "visually challenged" like myself and create my own documentation that doesn't require a microscope to read.

Hmm.. scan and expand that dratted Keyboard Command chart, first thing on my to-do list.

Oh, for the good old days when we used to get game packaging that included *gasp* how-to books with legible print, instead of this "must fit inside a dvd package" thing nowadays.

I miss X-wing, TIE Fighter, XvT, XWA, Jedi Knight, and Dark Forces.

I hope this game is worth the learning curve and the extra effort.

Seajay

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the welcome happysister. :)

I'll just haveta create a website or something along those lines for the "visually challenged" like myself and create my own documentation that doesn't require a microscope to read.

Hmm.. scan and expand that dratted Keyboard Command chart, first thing on my to-do list.

Oh, for the good old days when we used to get game packaging that included *gasp* how-to books with legible print, instead of this "must fit inside a dvd package" thing nowadays.

Seajay

You have plenty of company, both in missing those old games, and wishing this one came with an actual manual in the box. Asheron's call did the best keymap I've seen in ages - a big cardstock quick reference fold-out with nearly life-size squares for the keys on the keymap... and a bunch of other useful info on it as well.

FWIW, I just hit the big five-oh myself last month, but for decades I've been nearsighted to the point of being nearly blind without my glasses. I would love a keymap that was larger and also sensibly colored so as to be easier to read.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Seajay

I'm only 30, but I must say... Amen to that! I think I'm in the minority of people who actually liked the type of packaging they used in the 90s and the printed manuals... Granted it's not that environmentally friendly though :o

I miss the Dark Forces series myself... Didn't get too involved in the Star Wars space sims though as my dad never got them, we were more Wing Commander/Privateer oriented.

And in my opinion the game is definitely worth it... If you can accept and enjoy it for it's merits rather than dismiss it for its shortcomings :)

check the forums for every information you need to start playing SWTOR.

The best learning you will get is just play the game and expierence it all.

I have been playing from 3rd Beta and still addicted to this game.

You can scan your Key Command and enlarge it via Adobe if you really require that to start.

Anything else, the SWTOR Community is willing to help all new Jedi's, Siths, Troopers or any other specie that starts his/her adventure.