Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

tehrealdealz

LMAO.

My guess is that you don't play the class.

I am getting pretty tired of all you whiny kids crying for nerfs. This is how games get broken. The sooner you all learn that, the better we will be.

acually i do...i play BH merc dps(arsenal) and trooper commando(gunnery) and theyr going alot of damage only ones that sometimes goes over in dps there is marauder/sentinels

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healer Protest - Hit Twitter with your thoughts.

@Rockjaw

@JamesOhlen

@SWTOR

I have posted my thoughts.

"Proposed changes to healers, merc/commando specifically are unacceptable. I have unsubscribed and won't renew if in the final 1.2."

yea. i will cancel once it goes live.

atm our dps output is not even enough to counter self healing from marauders... and then they buff them up even more.

Im not in the mood nor do I have the time to get another toon to battlemaster.

that 31 talent in shield spec is a frigging joke. and they even lowered the damage it does.

guess pvp will be just bunch of marauders training each other.

read some replies above nobody is sure what is the nerf.

but the nerf is "Pyrotech (Powertech)

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 secon"

I never ran combus gas cylender. i run ion gass and split spec. because specing higher in shield tech is a waiste of points.

Edited by Geir_God

Mercenary

Cure now generates 8 Heat (down from 16).

Jet Boost now triggers snare visual effects on affected targets.

Power Shot has been rebalanced. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community.

Nothing changed, just a visual effect has been added.

that was my exact point but thank you for pointing it out

Patch notes are not rumors. Merc/commando healers are getting a solid nerf.

Tera Online here we come :)

for(int i=0;i<allMMOS.size();i+++)

{

System.out.println("I hate how they nerf things in "+allMMOS+"! I'm moving to "+allMMOS[i+1]+"!!!!");

}

(Yes, this will die with an index OOB error. Not going to debug my sarcasm. Sorry.)

Here's the problem - a single interrupt of TM just delays the inevitable - another TM. Because TM has no CD and it's resource cost is so low, it is a de facto spam attack. For the same reason, people know that interrupting Force Lighting/Pebble spam attacks is not a good strategy. You just wasted your interrupt and the caster will just continue with his spam. Both TM and Lightning/Pebble have the same game (im)balance problems - their cost is so low that negating a single cast of them is pointless, yet they do more damage that other classes' spam attacks.

Arsenal Mercs and Gunnery Commandos are designed to stand in one place and shoot at anything in range. A lot. Does it really matter so much whether they shoot you three ways or half a dozen? Pure ranged DPS is always the simplest, most straightforward class: you don't need to fool with charge / pull type moves or try to stay close to your target, you just stand there and shoot at them until you or they fall over. Having to play whack-a-mole with half a dozen different abilities that all basically are just variations on "shoot him" would add nothing to the class. Remember, the downside to being so straightforward is a severe lack of utility... Arsenal Mercs and Gunnery Commandos have a pathetically short duration stun and a couple of knockbacks and that's about it (unless you count the long duration stun that breaks on any damage, which is pretty much just good for removing an enemy's companion from a 1 vs 1 fight). They have to be standing still to do any real sustained damage (aside from a couple instants with significant cooldowns) and can't interrupt you if you aren't right up close to them (and even then they only "interrupt" you by knockback, they don't keep you from re-using the ability for a few seconds like a true interrupt move and they have a longer recharge than some dedicated interrupt moves), but if you do let them stand there uninterrupted they're going to dish out a lot of pain. The whole class is a one trick pony and that trick is "stand there firing off charged and channeled abilities". It's a good trick when it works, but disrupt it and they have nothing to fall back on. Kind of like how letting a Jedi stay right in your face smacking you with his saber over and over is a really bad idea...

for(int i=0;i<allmmos.size();i+++)

{

system.out.println("i hate how they nerf things in "+allmmos+"! I'm moving to "+allmmos[i+1]+"!!!!");

}

(yes, this will die with an index oob error. Not going to debug my sarcasm. Sorry.)

:D:D

Edited by Khultar

really? the nerf is to BH?? HAS ANYONE PLAYED A MERC BH??? if you go to cast ANYTHING you get locked out of it and by the time you can allmoooooostttt cast it the cd is up on the interrupt and boom you get it again while they have been unloading on you the whole time.. for the love of gosh... PLEASE play the class before you just do what people say.. I am good at MMOs and even when i was geared up jedi can destroy me.. How could jedi get new abilities and BH gets nerfs.. Both of my guys are BH's and ive been waiting this game for years!!! at least give mercs some kind of interupt as well.. like quell... or instead of making unload have more damage and reset make tracer instant cast or have some interruptibility buff.... arsenal mercs get SHUT DOWN... PERIOD.. by anyone with a brain.. It FORCED me to go pyrotech.... i didnt like the play style.. so now im forced to make a Powertech... and now your making the class worse because people complain?? WHAT ABOUT ME?? WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHO WANTED TO PLAY A BOUNTY HUNTER FROM THE FIRST DAY HE HEARD ABOUT THE GAME?!?!?... i refuse to be a glow stick swinger.... though im sure they will all get buffs.. or more 5k heals on a 3 sec cast time or 2.5 talented vs my bhs 2.5k heal with a 2.5 sec cast time or 2 sec with talents... THE BOUNTY HUNTER NEEDS SOME SERIOUS WORK.....

and don't argue with what i said by saying HEYYY ROCKET PUNCH KNOCK BACK... a talented ability that forces me to play ONE spec... and the other knock-back.. yeah that's great... on a ranged class who is supposed to be FAR AWAY.... or i could use my 1 min cd 4 sec stun... 45 sec if you talent it.... or an 8 second stun w/a cast, that heals the person you stun like crazy... merc bh's get NO INTERRUPTS BUT WE GET NERFS!!! YEAHHH!!!

your joking right? bhs are in a better place than sorcs. sorcs are not op...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! basic attacks in green gear saying the do 4k??? 45% chance to do another shock for 50% the damage... force run... a stun when your shield wears off.. tons of dots, interupts... 100% crit rates if a dot is up for some abilities... things cast twice as fast.. or continue casting WHILE YOU RUN?!?! plus our level 50 ability gives us ONE.. thats right... O N E... instant cast ability... why not something that gives your next 3 TMs instant cast but only if they are a certain time apart.. like 3 5 or 8 seconds or something i dont know... Just look at the stock damage numbers on the talent trees vs the ones on the BH trees and its laughable... play a bh before you say how OP they are because i have both a merc and PT...

TOTALLY HOW IT IS!!! THIS GUY SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!!!!:mad:

I'm not quite understanding what the big deal is about Tracer Missle. So many people whine and complain and cry, when in fact all it takes is a simple interupt. Arsenal Mercs have very little going for them outside of their high damage output, and it's not like Tracer Missle does absurd amount of damage. What about Snipers? Why can't we claim that Snipe needs to be nerfed as well? A bounty hunter's priority system doesn't spam Tracer Missle. That's too heat costly and dangerous. Tracer missle x3, Unload, Heatseekers, Tracer Missle x2, Railshot, then go from there. Tracer Missle is A FILLER. FILLER. You're SUPPOSED to spam fillers. That's what they're THERE for.

Bounty Hunters have pathetic CC in warzones, having to rely on Jet Boost to keep themselves alive. And even then, when Guardians can ignore CC from their guardian leap, assassins can force speed back and Marauder just charge right back over without caring, all we have left is that dinky 4 second stun of ours.

It really isn't like Arsenal Mercs are hard to take down, I find my own to be pretty damned squishy, personally. Regardless, if they do wind up nerfing Tracer Missle I sure hope they tweak the skills, otherwise we're going to be ridiculously gimped and there won't be any point in playing them.

I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS GUY ^^^^^

he knows whats up....... this is how it really is guys...

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Pyrotech: Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Arsenal: Tracer Missile has been rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

So the suspicions about Tracer Missile nerf were correct. The tree hasn't been re-engineered, it's simply a nerf. Really, how does this encourage more active rotations when all bonuses and procs in the tree are dependant on TM?

I can't help feel they simply took the word of the moaning spoilt children on this forum and implemented a blind nerf.

Very disappointing. Of all the classes, Bounty Hunter is the class least needing a critical nerf. Non-light sabre classes should be encouraged not discouraged.

And to top it off, they nerfed the Pyrotech tree aswell! Sigh.

Edited by Turino

So the suspicions about Tracer Missile nerf were correct. The tree hasn't been re-engineered, it's simply a nerf. Really, how does this encourage more active rotations when all bonuses and procs in the tree are dependant on TM?

I can't help feel they simply took the word of the moaning spoilt children on this forum and implemented a blind nerf.

Very disappointing. Of all the classes, Bounty Hunter is the class least needing a critical nerf. Non-light sabre classes should be encouraged not discouraged.

And to top it off, they nerfed the Pyrotech tree aswell! Sigh.

what they should have done was to remove the procs from TM the railshot armor debuff and defence buff..while adding the 10% lowered damage.

Well after patch 1.2 I'm very likely to park up my Mercenary Bounty Hunter since he is level 50 for the purposes of legacy. I shall play another class instead as the only thing going for the Mercenary was the Tracer Missile. The enemy for the Bounty Hunter was always the heat and you could rapidly get into trouble and ineffectiveness if you didn't rotate other skills. Trouble is, the Tracer was really the only decent DPS weapon the mercenary had, as other skills were pretty rubbish and only really acted as fillers for De-heating time. Other players not playing the Bounty Hunter Mercenary do not understand this fact that Tracers generate lots of heat and can only be used when your toon is stationary. Also tracers can be interrupted all the time. I have never felt that I was overpowered and often wished I had more willpower from the grief I've had in PvP from users of the force.

I wouldn't mind the nerf if the other skills were improved, if only to only more variety on the keyboard. The only option for the Bounty Hunter now is being a Bodyguard "Healer" like a combat medic or something. Not really suited for the classic Bounty Hunter role really is it?

I think Bio-ware need to reconsider this one or I can see the death of the Bounty Hunter in TOR. Maybe being a Smuggler is the life for me :)

bountyhunter @ facerollspamtracer.bw

face it people, you are WAY too overpowered, just try to play another class in pvp in order to understand.

you should be happy the bh not to be nerfed as it really deserves

finally someone that gets it.and they didnt acually nerf the arsenal just changed it and gave it slightly more dps throu unload/full auto. :eek: as GZ himself said:

The lack of an interrupt ability on these Advanced Classes is a purposefully designed weakness in their ability arsenal. At the current time, adding an interrupt to the Commando/Mercenary would increase their combat utility, especially in PvP, beyond what we are comfortable with.

he is saying himself that BH are better then the rest the way they are :) giving them anything more and they would be 2 superior to the rest.they should know they made this game. :D

Presumably the idea is that Grav Round / Tracer Missile does less damage but Full Auto / Unload is up more often. So rather than spamming Tracer most of the time with an occasional Unload, Rail Shot, or Heatseeker we will instead be using Unload more, Tracer less, and still using the instants when they recharge. That's actually better for heat management since Unload is more heat efficient than Tracer spam. (Of course we'll still start with three Tracers to max out the armor debuff and Heatseeker damage, but after that we really only need to use them often enough to keep the debuffs refreshed and recharge Unload.