Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

Snippao

Do you guys think there will be a chance the devs will remove vote kick? Because honestly, I’ve been doing a lot of pvp in regs but I’m so damn afraid to queue ranked for that very simple reason. I don’t want to fight and end up being vote kicked by people and not getting any reward just because it was decided «*oh we don’t like you, we kick you out*» that’s what I was told this vote kick is abused for.

Chris is going to make a post soon about toxicity, and I'm hopeful it will include vote kick changes, but we'll see.

[*]Such things are pretty rare, despite what the rumors have you believe. You're far more likely to be verbally abused than removed from the team -- at least from what I have seen.

Ever since prum and co got banned, there are far less vote kicks overall on SF. Last season it was a complete mess. It's still abused, just not as frequently, and all it would take is a handful of really bad actors, and the heavy abuse would start up again. Also, it's being abused a lot on DM lately.

As far as the vote kick, I really think it needs to stay. I realize it could be used in a negative, harassing way but I would take that any day over having to deal with all the cheats again. I am not sure how many remember players hiding off maps or camping in start zones, during matches, to get a win. Yes, ranked has some issues but it nothing like it used to be.

Vote kick does virtually nothing to combat cheating. It only gives them a 5 minute cooldown, so if they are determined to throw games, they simply requeue after 5 minutes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris is going to make a post soon about toxicity, and I'm hopeful it will include vote kick changes, but we'll see.

Ever since prum and co got banned, there are far less vote kicks overall on SF. Last season it was a complete mess. It's still abused, just not as frequently, and all it would take is a handful of really bad actors, and the heavy abuse would start up again. Also, it's being abused a lot on DM lately.

Vote kick does virtually nothing to combat cheating. It only gives them a 5 minute cooldown, so if they are determined to throw games, they simply requeue after 5 minutes.

So we are really getting some toxicity changes for PVP ? My god. That sounds too unreal to be true... ;)

did those people realy get banned ? How you know ?

Yes disable but bring back after the following:

1)requirement to have 306 gear, no exceptions.

2)disable ability to change gear during match

3)disable /stuck during match.

4)if players leave once gates down, quitter debuff is for 24 hr period, no exceptions and no pardons for BW family and friends ;) , this also needs to be legacy wide!

5)disable ability to use kick function if player is dead..kinda easy to abuse this and it needs to end!

6)if player(s) does quit and no backfill in 60 seconds , match ends immediately, no one gets points/rewards and no debuff for remaining players.

7)Id prefer we went back to Imp vs Pub matches but Im not sure of status of faction pvp pool imbalance but what Ive seen is a lot of Pubs just being lame when pubs on other team.

Its time for BW to step up and deal with cheaters. Im sure more can be done but as long as they provide rewards they need to guard against cheaters.

I understand that but I am not talking about "throwing games". In the past, there were various cheats that would allow players to hide off of the map, there was no reaching them. They would wait to rejoin map when the opposing team was almost dead during the overtime period and wipe the team. Take the win.

The only thing that prevented this was the vote kick by the cheaters team mates. I would say 99% of the time they could get kicked, reported, then eventually banned. I don't miss those days at all...lol.

Yes disable but bring back after the following:

1)requirement to have 306 gear, no exceptions.

2)disable ability to change gear during match

3)disable /stuck during match.

4)if players leave once gates down, quitter debuff is for 24 hr period, no exceptions and no pardons for BW family and friends ;) , this also needs to be legacy wide!

5)disable ability to use kick function if player is dead..kinda easy to abuse this and it needs to end!

6)if player(s) does quit and no backfill in 60 seconds , match ends immediately, no one gets points/rewards and no debuff for remaining players.

7)Id prefer we went back to Imp vs Pub matches but Im not sure of status of faction pvp pool imbalance but what Ive seen is a lot of Pubs just being lame when pubs on other team.

Its time for BW to step up and deal with cheaters. Im sure more can be done but as long as they provide rewards they need to guard against cheaters.

1) As for ranked I can see it as a more than a reasonable request to have 306 as minimum requirements.

2) Changing gear & Respec could also be block...

BUT since the matchup system does not always put you on "equal grounds" changing gear depending on what you face might be required including respec capabilities between rounds since it opens up some varity & change in your gameplay for what you're facing and seeing how the opponents are playing after your first round.

3) I mean what is the reason to disable /stuck? If someone wants to throw the game & just die they'll just afk instead.

4)This will never work because as an example, this game can be quite unstable sometimes & make you DC/Crash or your internet connect could just fail and make you drop the game which happens to everyone every now and then.

This should not create such penalty so that you will be unable to play the gamemode you want to spend time in for 24hrs(and no don't give me that crap that they can do other things for 24hrs)

5) It would not really change much when/how the kick is being initiated.

6) This will most likely create more abuse/problems if it is implemented.

7) The sole reason for the merge between Imp & Rep players is due to the lack of player base and to implement faster queues.

I understand that but I am not talking about "throwing games". In the past, there were various cheats that would allow players to hide off of the map, there was no reaching them. They would wait to rejoin map when the opposing team was almost dead during the overtime period and wipe the team. Take the win.

The only thing that prevented this was the vote kick by the cheaters team mates. I would say 99% of the time they could get kicked, reported, then eventually banned. I don't miss those days at all...lol.

True, but Bratlor hasn't played ranked in a while from my understanding. Him and Jeezee are the only two flyhackers I've ever seen, and hopefully it'll stay that way.