TFB Secret Zone

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we were doing TFB HM and we noticed this after HM Kephess:

It's a former Hypergate Control Tower and it's clickable.

However I get an error message of "You are not corrupted, you may not access this console"

http://i.imgur.com/SR0e5Lx.jpg

Credit goes to Dunkan, for noticing >.>

They are thinking TFB NiM when its implemented

I was told from a secret source that it wouldn't be, but I suppose we will see soon enough.

So we were doing TFB HM and we noticed this after HM Kephess:

It's a former Hypergate Control Tower and it's clickable.

However I get an error message of "You are not corrupted, you may not access this console"

http://i.imgur.com/SR0e5Lx.jpg

Credit goes to Dunkan, for noticing >.>

That is a bug from not using all the towers that remove your ... corrupted nanites ... so that is not it.

Any updates on this? One guy i was raiding with claimed he knew for a fact that you could use the thing from Asation on the stairs in the tunnel before the third boss in 16 man HC.

:confused:

I heard the same thing, it's somewhere between a rumor and datamining right now. Apparently, a secret bonus boss is supposed to appear there if you throw the orb on a mob with <20% life. :D

Here are two debuff tooltips that were supposedly gathered from the game files:

Devour Essence

Something is taking advantage of this creature’s weakened state and feeding off its essence…

Hateful Presence

A powerful entity is gathering and attempting to manifest itself, searching for a point of focus…

My guild tried to do it but it did not work. The main problem is that you cannot use the orb while in combat, and it has a very small range. As soon as you approach an enemy with it, he will spot you. Also, in HM the elite mobs cannot be mezzed by stealthers but are immune to CC.

I am assuming that the bonus boss is currently not fully added in-game, and that they will add a red message like in the Asation cave when it is possible to do it, so that players will know this is the right spot. :)

HC

I KNEW Harbinger Crafters had something to do with it... no but seriously, what's HC?

PS: If you're talking about TFB, there's also the question of those mysterious panels in the datacore rooms. Perhaps you have to stealth past all the core rooms until the last one, and use the panels (deactivate the cores or whatever) in reverse order back to where the rest of the group is, and then it'll work? Also, maybe you need to click the panel from behind so the fight doesn't start? (LoS it?)

Edited by idnewton

PS: If you're talking about TFB, there's also the question of those mysterious panels in the datacore rooms.

The mysterious panels aren't actually all that mysterious. On the PTS, there was a bug that happened where killing the cores didn't open the doors so the panels were added to allow you to open the doors even if it bugged. Even though they fixed the bug, they're still there because they didn't really see a point in removing them since the entire room aggros you as soon as you enter it, even if you're in stealth (and you can't click the panel while in combat). The only way to click it before everything is dead is to have a stealther use their vanish and click it *really* quickly while everyone else makes sure to keep the enemies away (since they use a lot of AoEs) and you stand in the right spot so that the cores don't fry you. I've done it a couple times just for lols-sake, but you still have to kill everything so there's no real point.

I was explaining this rumor to a guildy when something occured to me. It has to be used on a mob <20%. Who says it has to be an enemy mob? Could it be a pet? Player? Repair droid?

Somebody get a sorc to Consumption themselves down to 5% health out of combat and use it on them gogogo :p

I was explaining this rumor to a guildy when something occured to me. It has to be used on a mob <20%. Who says it has to be an enemy mob? Could it be a pet? Player? Repair droid?

My thoughts exactly.

I dont know a way you could get a mob out of combat and still have its HP under 20%, i don't think its at all possible...

But TBH, I recommend trying it on the 5 Dread Guard Force Apparitions at the end of S&V if at all possible, and the dead Styrak just to be sure (If you have 6 orbs)

my thoughts exactly.

I dont know a way you could get a mob out of combat and still have its hp under 20%, i don't think its at all possible...

But tbh, i recommend trying it on the 5 dread guard force apparitions at the end of s&v if at all possible, and the dead styrak just to be sure (if you have 6 orbs)

This! We threw it on one of the apparations, didn´t do anything since we only had one orb to throw. Well lets farm that buffed Secret Boss again^^

Edited by Atlanis

And I quote... from myself...

What if you have to have multiple orbs?

When Styrak dies, the other dread masters appear in ghost form, but they are targetable. What if you have to have five orbs and use it on each of them? (Or six and use it on styrak too) In fact, I'm thinking this might be how you do it. It makes a lot of sense. It's in an ops phase, its using the dread masters.... Don't forget to try it on 16man hardmode though.

something I've never tried and it just occurred to me... I'm going to put the buff from the orb on myself, run into a data core room, and while the rest of my raid fights the room, I'm going to try and click the button behind the core. I dont remember though, if you can click it while in combat.

I'm going to try and click the button behind the core. I dont remember though, if you can click it while in combat.

You can't. The button also has a purpose of a sorts already: back when TfB was being tested, the doors from one data core room to the next sometimes wouldn't open when the room was cleared so the developers added the buttons that would open the doors when clicked. The buttons were placed in the back so that you couldn't get to them without getting into combat and were made so that you couldn't click them in combat. Basically, they're just an artifact from testing that isn't really needed but doesn't affect anything either (so there's no real pressing reason to remove it).

I think an old man will come and give you a crystal. then two sith assassins will come and attempt to kill you but you kill them instead. then you'll get instructions how to find the force sensitive village on Dathomir .. oh, wait, wrong star wars game :)

When going up those stairs in S&V on PTS 2.2, a mysterious, eerie music starts playing. So it looks like we're on the right track regarding the location, and maybe with 2.2 we will be able to call the bonus boss.

Clicking the amulet in there did nothing, so I am assuming you need the orb.

Edited by Jerba

When going up those stairs in S&V on PTS 2.2, a mysterious, eerie music starts playing. So it looks like we're on the right track regarding the location, and maybe with 2.2 we will be able to call the bonus boss.

Clicking the amulet in there did nothing, so I am assuming you need the orb.

Im assuming this was in 16m nightmare only? it would be great if they made 8m version of this for 8m guilds.

Im assuming this was in 16m nightmare only? it would be great if they made 8m version of this for 8m guilds.
Not sure, I went in there in 16m nightmare. I have no idea whether the music is playing in other difficulties as well.

However, the music in the secret cave from TFB is playing even in 8-man story, so the music is not really an indication of whether the bonus boss will spawn or not.