Cartel Market Update: January 23rd, 2013

AmberGreen

Please Bioware stop this CM stuff. It's not even worth buying this crap your giving us. All your doing is giving us old armor sets with a slight change in colour and asking us to pay for it. Please people stop buying on CM. Bw need to work on the bugs, not CM crap. The more we buy the more they will feed us with the crap that has been given to us. Let us work for it in game otherwise what's the point of gaming, I want to grind etc. not take out my credit card and buy crap.

I'm going to have to slightly agree here to a point. Long time player, collector ed subscriber and I've not been impressed with what is being offered and the prices for it. Right now I'm not spending a dime on this system. Still, as a believer in giving constructive criticism let me offer my two cents:

Costumes, Pets and Vehicles should be offered as an option of account wide and bound. 18 dollars for a single vehicle on one character is absurd. If it's going to be priced that much (and I do think it still should be lower) then I'd want it so every character I have access to gets it. Just do it like the collector's edition stuff.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd prefer to pay to improve our accounts and not a single character.

Second - pay close attention to The Secret World's free to play offerings. They allow the purchase of expansion packs under their in-game cash store. I'd love to spend my star wars fun money on the expansion pack and not have to deal with an extra charge. Also, it makes it easier for those who don't have credit card accounts to get access to the new location.

I'll pay 5 bucks for a barber shop coin or something that will let me adjust an existing toon to a better look then the one I chose.

I'll pay 12 bucks for a suit of faction armor like the imp commando or same for rep .

But I'll pay like 50 bucks if you add jawa to the cartel as a playable race so I can be a jawa jedi.

stuff on the market right now ....not impressed , have no need or want for it.

As many people have mentioned else where a lot of the outfits that are being added are already in game as part of the character creation process. Therefore no new work has gone into them and arguably should have been an option from launch for Subscribers.

Given this, isn't the price you are charging far too high as it hardly seems that you need to charge 15 bucks to cover the work of putting them in the cartel market. Its not like the money is going on a designer and a programer etc etc to put them in the game they are already there. Now accepting this is there any doubt that people are feeling nickle and dimed by BW since the free to play option. Any patch notes are filled with Cartel stuff and very little game related content for subscribers.

Is the ultimate plan to piss on or off all the people playing TOR till everyone gets the impression that they will be charged for every tiny little thing, next to nothing will be added to the game and should there be any new content it will appear in the cartel shop or via digital download where my cartel coins from being a subscriber are worthless?

Now don't get me wrong if you offered a decent selection of playable Alien (not coloured human) species I would be more than happy to pay. But at the moment it seems like the core game is being ignored while being over charged for things that are already in the game. Are things so bad over at Austin where the policy is to rehash ingame items for 15 bucks encourage gambling through lock boxes?

Edited by Costello

Costello, i completely agree with you sir. I have been unimpressed with the cartel store to date also. with the exception of the axes (which are ugly imo) and a few of the hidden "rare" items (ie crystals, speeders, pets) in the over glorified cartel packs (total waste of cc's) nearly all the "armor" they have put on the CM has been retooled from stuff i have actually worn in game, i'm sorry, but taking ingame items, retooling them into sets with a little recoloring does not constitute something as "new" at all. if i can get it in game for free, why in my right mind would i pay that much for it on the cartel market? i'm a subscriber, i've also been playing since the prelaunch early access, and i'm seriously disappointed with the direction this game has went. the developer attitude now seems to be "lets put more shinys on the cartel market it to blind them from the game crippling bugs we dont seem to want to fix"

Such a waste of what could have been a wonderful game...

Edited by Vashandra

Please Bioware stop this CM stuff. It's not even worth buying this crap your giving us. All your doing is giving us old armor sets with a slight change in colour and asking us to pay for it. Please people stop buying on CM. Bw need to work on the bugs, not CM crap. The more we buy the more they will feed us with the crap that has been given to us. Let us work for it in game otherwise what's the point of gaming, I want to grind etc. not take out my credit card and buy crap.

Usually there are two different teams of devs for this kind of stuff, stop going all "omg pls stop with the CM and fix bugs", there is a dev/designer for CM, and other devs fixing bugs, stop wasting space on forum if you don't know what you're talking about.

Let's think for a bit, they introduced CM in the f2p so that they can actually pay their devs, if they STOP with CM, they cannot pay the devs, if the devs are not payed...guess who will fix your bugs...oh yes, NOBODY (the caps lock is not screaming, it's just keywords so that you could understand better).

Edited by teodorudrea

i like the new armor. I just wish that all the armor, especially the sith/jedi robe sets, came with a hood for the head slot.

Now see... On my poor Light side Inquisitor... Who did not want to look emo... I had to suffer with having to put up with EMO hoods on everything even though I didnt want them. For someone like me. The lack of " hoods up " is just fine. To the other hood complainer guy on here that said much the same as you but also added the icon should match... Did he expeirement first and learn that you can preview the armor to find out for sure. I most certainly did before investing Cartel Coins. Which basically represent real money. Even if mine were gained by sub and preorder bonus. I am aware each is "cash". Kinda cash.

I am shocked and amazed though, none of the agent jakets with the shorter colars... the ones that dont look like garbage on a twilek with massive head tail clippage made it to the Cartel Shop. No I don't like the colar-less PINK/BIEGE one. Were talking a male, body size 3, dark blue, matcho if slightly lovably goofy scoundrel here. Plus Blue and Pink?! He's not in junior high school... he's a licenced Republic Privateer for cripes sake! ;p

Please put up some more AGENT gear. Thanks. Oh... also both the smuggler and agent goggles would be nice. Sometimes I find myself wanting one or the other on either side.... and being forced to just the one kind.

Also, Blessing to Bioware and the cartel market for my Sith Sorcerer to finally be able to run arround in something other then a skirt... and have a hood down robe with a shidge of armor on it for appearances. Very, very nice with the various pants avaible from the flying mission vendors and the balmoran hands and feet. Trust me... Try this look all.

Cheers! :)

PS: There is some gear that drops very early... a grey cris cross the chest vest sort of deal... very poor mans look, that looks pretty good on most charactersa and would really solve the "something simple with no embelishments" type of player. It's white/green gear. Actually there's more then one decent white and green look that there are no moddable versions of. Really quite a shame. The market or adding more synthweaving recipes could repair that neglect. Ta Ta :)

Edited by RogueDemonhunter

And does it really cost that much? Say if a subscriber purchased it..aren't they getting some Cartel Coins to begin with, so its not REALLY 18 dollars. All in all it comes down to it being a want. Not a need. I can understand some of the grief that is felt with it being a single char speeder (I refuse to call these mounts) and I would definately expect that if it is popular that we'll be seeing different colors made available. (Weekly Vehicle quest anyone?) But all in all..if the consumer is willing to purchase it, I'd say its a solid idea.

1st) If the coins came from your monthly bonus or straight up purchased you still have money invested in them.

So now looking at coin cost low end 90 for $1, the best deal 137.5 coins for $1

making mount cost $13.09 to $20.

I do not see any issues with them keeping this price range for a single character, like most said its within the standard. However I will not be buying any till they add a way to buy them for an account for say 3k to 3.5k cartel coins. Making the cost if you buy the better value coins roughly $22 to $25.45 for account wide mount this too would also be within the standard cost. Giving two examples WoW & Tera both offer account wide mounts for $25, Tera also sells single character mounts at $15 showing they could keep what they have just add the other option.

Edited by Profion_Xilus

Armor set are timed....? what is this....? i buy one, and it say 1Day 12hour.... timed.....

You cannot trade the armor set to other people until that timer runs out. The armor set itself is permanent. Equipping it will make it bound(regardless of when the timer runs out).