remove ability to pass battle mods to people in stealth.

nicholz

everytime im in odessen everyone who picks up a worthless battle mod ends up dumping it on the nearest person, If it happens to be you and you are a stealth class you are screwed until you pass it on or die. I think it shouldnt be possible to use on someone who is stealthed. Also it makes it very possible for team mates to troll you.

/signed

Ridiculous that sorc's can bubble with it, but stealth can't use stealth out.

Should be just like holding the huttball, same mechanics should apply.

That would be better then a self net that stealthers and maras have to deal with now.

Is there a point in being in stealth in odessen?

I can see two reasons why they might give you the mod.

#1: They think you have the best tools to shake off pursuers and put the mod to use.

#2: They think you're one of those guys who hide in a corner for the whole match.

If it's a red one and you aren't confident in your ability to stun the defenders long enough to use it, then pass it over to a slinger/sniper, otherwise stop dpsing, and use that mod to win the match.

Edited by Mubrak

Is there a point in being in stealth in odessen?

Yes, I have many, MANY times, moved to an enemy held node while in stealth, watching the defenders that were there stream by me while they head who know where. By the time I get to the node, they've left one helpless defender there. I just do a knockback and a bit of CC, and I take the node for my team.

If I were not in stealth, then either 1. the enemy would stop me en-route. Or 2. they would see me coming and an extra defender might stay there.

I know it's silly of me to worry about stupid things like taking and holding the "hills". But hey, I pay my sub, I play my way... or something. :rolleyes:

And I agree with "it should work like huttball mechanics" as far as holding mods and stealth and bubble, etc.

And I agree with "it should work like huttball mechanics" as far as holding mods and stealth and bubble, etc.

i agree. Allow stealthing, which removes the mod. Also bubble and pw removes mod

Maybe also make sorcs lose the node if they bubble (not instantly ofc, but with the same duration as if you'd just left the node or stealthed) That way they can have a quick bubble and interrupt it and keep the node, but not able to just sit 8s in bubble while keeping the node.

I know, little sidetracked there from topic. :p Just my thoughts

Edited by Kirpputori

/signed

Ridiculous that sorc's can bubble with it, but stealth can't use stealth out.

Should be just like holding the huttball, same mechanics should apply.

That would be better then a self net that stealthers and maras have to deal with now.

How about sniper entrench?

Seeing that snipers can entrench and sorcs can bubble with it without losing it, I don't see a really good argument as to why shouldn't stealthers be allowed to stealth with it and KEEP THE MOD.

I mean, which is more OP? Uninterruptible activation, or sap-activation? Everyone already should know how to handle normal sap-caps, so the answer is obviously that uninterruptible activation is better, so if it is allowed, so should be stealth with mods.

Edited by Rafiknoll

Seeing that snipers can entrench and sorcs can bubble with it without losing it, I don't see a really good argument as to why shouldn't stealthers be allowed to stealth with it and KEEP THE MOD.

I mean, which is more OP? Uninterruptible activation, or sap-activation? Everyone already should know how to handle normal sap-caps, so the answer is obviously that uninterruptible activation is better, so if it is allowed, so should be stealth with mods.

That's a really fair point about Sorc/ Sniper tactic as a comparison. It's a compelling argument.

From a realistic point of view, it makes sense for them to be able to get it in stealth mode, it may just me an issue wherein it might dominate a game, if it makes it next to impossible to stop it all that's really doing is adding another class that can sort of "cheese" it that way.

But fair is fair, it should be all or nothing either way.

From a realistic point of view, it makes sense for them to be able to get it in stealth mode, it may just me an issue wherein it might dominate a game, if it makes it next to impossible to stop it all that's really doing is adding another class that can sort of "cheese" it that way.

Versus one guard I already have a neutralizing mechanic (when playing sin tank) for a station that doesn't require even holding a red bonus:

1. Pull him out (try to do it from a direction in which his swift movement doesn't go. For operatives and warriors make them face away, for merc make them face it side-ways).

2. Use spike.

3. Use electrocute as soon as he breaks or as soon as the 2 secs are over.

4. Force speed to the station (If he is a leaping class, make sure u don't step on their station before the station is white, or he will leap and get to keep it).

5. The station is white or even yours, if he is stupid, and you can stay in to keep it that way for a long time.

Notes: It 100% works in case the guy was dumb enough to break the spike unless he is a phasewalking sorc (in which case don't bother trying anyway, see the buff and the walk, don't do). Otherwise, it still works unless the target is a very quickly responsive agent or warrior and can turn and roll in on time. They succeed in 30% of the times.

On a sniper who is immune to pulls you could try to push instead of pull, but he might see you with the stealth detection and pop entrench too soon, or just make it back in time because the push isn't far.

If it is the turret station, a funner tactic is pull to bridge and push him before he can react (can stil fail on phasewalkers and rolling classes), if pulling a class that can push, it is advised to be shrouded in case he manages to push before you do (or even after, you might still fall).

Why did I say all this? First, because I think PVP would be more fun if people shared tactics rather than hog them like military secrets, but the main reason is to show that guarding a node as 1 man in Odessen is easily counterable even without sap-caps + red bonus. In fact, I would probably keep using my tactics even if I held a red bonus, using the red only if my method failed. In a world where 6 guards can lose a node to a whitebarred sorc who used barrier, or to a sniper who used entrench + evasion (both with only 60s cd), and actually also to a sin tank who used shroud and deflection (shroud makes you immune to most stuns pushes and interupts, and I can survive focused damage by the entire enemy group for more than 10 secs with these CDs) and I even did that once to win 590-600 (it was a rare occasion of both groups playing objectively. Rare sights these days...), in such a world the ability to sap-cap someone who was dumb enough to guard alone without any breaker is only fair :D

That's a really fair point about Sorc/ Sniper tactic as a comparison. It's a compelling argument.

But fair is fair, it should be all or nothing either way.

Lets make that nothing so we can avoid chaos. Being able to stealth with mods would be rather dumb, as is bubble/entrenching with it.

Does not being able to entrench with a mod hit snipers hard? Yeah.. it does.

About as hard as a Sin being unable to stealth with it.

Cannot entrench with mod.

Did bio recently change this? Or are you proposing it?

Because I'm 99% sure that a sniper can entrench with at least the deactivate mod and use it while so entrenched. Or what have all those complains about snipers and deactivate been about?

Lets make that nothing so we can avoid chaos. Being able to stealth with mods would be rather dumb, as is bubble/entrenching with it.

Does not being able to entrench with a mod hit snipers hard? Yeah.. it does.

About as hard as a Sin being unable to stealth with it.

I don't disagree, my point was simply if its dumb for one it should be dumb for all. Entering stealth with a lite lattern you could see from a block away, I wouldn't imagine that the lattern could be stealth ed as well [at least I don't think that's the case ] so it'd kinda defeat the purpose heh

I don't disagree, my point was simply if its dumb for one it should be dumb for all. Entering stealth with a lite lattern you could see from a block away, I wouldn't imagine that the lattern could be stealth ed as well [at least I don't think that's the case ] so it'd kinda defeat the purpose heh

You literally dissapear from peoples game when you are stealthed. The game can't render something it doesn't know is there. So yes, essentially the "lantern" would be stealthed as well. I don't think that's something we should wish for.

All I said is the current Entrench+powerup or Barrier+powerup > Stealth+powerup. That means that as long as the 1st two are possible, so should the 3rd be. I agree that between the options of all 3 or none I would choose none.

But of course don't disable the abilities, just make them remove the powerup, or let us click it off like on Yavin and then use them. As it is right now: locking my best DCD down unable to unlock it without a nearby player, well, half my Odessen deaths are suicide jumps when I see I am going to die and give them the boost. If I could stealth and remove it I could get the same results without this unnecessary death

[About entrench: Last time I checked you could entrench with red (I used play sniper and did that a lot), and I saw someone do it last Christmas. Was it changed since?]

[About entrench: Last time I checked you could entrench with red (I used play sniper and did that a lot), and I saw someone do it last Christmas. Was it changed since?]

It should be that way. It isnt.

Reading comprehension.

And I don't think it should be possible to just pop your cooldown and opt to get rid of the buff.

Either then it should count as if you get killed, and you basically give the nearest enemy player the buff for free (ugh..)

Or just accept that picking up the buff or getting it thrown to you is an added risk to your survivability.

Which is an interesting mechanic in in itself. And I think it should stay that way.

It just needs to be more punishing for non stealth game-breaking cooldowns.

Edited by Evolixe

And I don't think it should be possible to just pop your cooldown and opt to get rid of the buff.

Either then it should count as if you get killed, and you basically give the nearest enemy player the buff for free (ugh..)

Why not? It works with huttball which is 100% of the objectives of the match, so why wouldn't it work for bonuses (that are indeed important, but aren't 100% of the objectives yet.)

I think Odessen spits on stealthers enough for not enabling solo stealth node guarding. It is refreshing, but I don't think further problems such as an unavoidable "ball pass" that is a practical friendly-fire eternal-electro-net are necessary.

Why not? It works with huttball which is 100% of the objectives of the match, so why wouldn't it work for bonuses (that are indeed important, but aren't 100% of the objectives yet.)

I think Odessen spits on stealthers enough for not enabling solo stealth node guarding. It is refreshing, but I don't think further problems such as an unavoidable "ball pass" that is a practical friendly-fire eternal-electro-net are necessary.

Im not saying it wouldn't work. I'm saying it would take away from you, or your ally, having to make an important decision.

Which can, and in my opinion is, considered part of the design.

Edited by Evolixe

You literally dissapear from peoples game when you are stealthed. The game can't render something it doesn't know is there. So yes, essentially the "lantern" would be stealthed as well. I don't think that's something we should wish for.

I couldn't agree more heh

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx