What’s with people RPing in Hypergates

TrixxieTriss

I’ve got nothing against RP players normally, but lately in Hypergates they seem to feel the need to stop and have little meetings and RP all over the map or at the respawn.

I just had one where none of them left the respawn for about 30 secs because they were busy RPing.

Seriously, if you want to RP, do it before the match starts or at the end. Not during the match and once it starts, leave the stupid respawn straight away.

FYI, I got abused by them when I left the match :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Well, since there's no RPs in open world, I guess those peeps found alternatives in warzones.

It’s bad for me because there is hardly anyone in the queue when I can play. So these matches are ruined by this and you cant get away from these people because there isn’t enough people to requeue.

I never thought I’d say I miss Yavin popping the most. I guess I should be careful what I wish for.

It’s bad for me because there is hardly anyone in the queue when I can play. So these matches are ruined by this and you cant get away from these people because there isn’t enough people to requeue.

I never thought I’d say I miss Yavin popping the most. I guess I should be careful what I wish for.

It is still much better than when the games you can catch where team absolutely does nothing.

If people were doing that in a warzone they were almost certainly deliberately trolling, since RP doesn't go on in groupfinder content including warzones.

I'm just guessing since I didn't see it, but maybe people who were getting trolled at the Fleet cantina engaging in a little *** for tat? Sad if so, because the people they'd be trolling would very likely be a different group than the people that were giving them a problem.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

It is still much better than when the games you can catch where team absolutely does nothing.

They are doing nothing, lol.

Standing in the respawn while the other team caps both pylons and gets all the orbs at the start is bad, it’s basically me vs a team. Even is you were a pvp god there is no way you can compete against that.

Then during the match they randomly stop to have a group RP. It’s like, who cares if the other team caps while we RP, who cares if the other team gets all the orbs, who cares if the only person trying to play is getting killed in 6v1.

I would rather have a team full of noobs or a team that gives up and sits at the node. At least I know the node should be safe and I can try and carry the team by getting the other node. It’s impossble to do that if the rest of your team isnt even guarding the node.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They are doing nothing, lol.

Standing in the respawn while the other team caps both pylons and gets all the orbs at the start is bad, it’s basically me vs a team. Even is you were a pvp god there is no way you can compete against that.

Then during the match they randomly stop to have a group RP. It’s like, who cares if the other team caps while we RP, who cares if the other team gets all the orbs, who cares if the only person trying to play is getting killed in 6v1.

I would rather have a team full of noobs or a team that gives up and sits at the node. At least I know the node should be safe and I can try and carry the team by getting the other node. It’s impossble to do that if the rest of your team isnt even guarding the node.

The ones I usually get are the ones camping at the defense point. In numbers, but well, they wouldn't do anything decent but they are still there to fake it out. So they are, well, doing something. Even if unintended.

The ones I usually get are the ones camping at the defense point. In numbers, but well, they wouldn't do anything decent but they are still there to fake it out. So they are, well, doing something. Even if unintended.

Sometimes you can still carry those idiots. Especially if the other team is t that good and you have a could other people on your team that are half decent.

How can you tell they were actually RPing rather than simply trolling by pretending to RP? I ask because 30 seconds is not enough time to engage in any meaningful RP. Furthermore, abusing you when you leave indicates trolling rather than RPing, because actual RPers would be focused on their RP and wouldn't care whether or not you left. Finally, RPing in a warzone makes zero sense, and others who claim to have seen it happen cited examples that were clearly trolling rather than RPing.

How can you tell they were actually RPing rather than simply trolling by pretending to RP? I ask because 30 seconds is not enough time to engage in any meaningful RP. Furthermore, abusing you when you leave indicates trolling rather than RPing, because actual RPers would be focused on their RP and wouldn't care whether or not you left. Finally, RPing in a warzone makes zero sense, and others who claim to have seen it happen cited examples that were clearly trolling rather than RPing.

Its not 30sec. They were already in the respawn before the WZ timer started, which goes for over a minute. How do I know they were RPing, because I asked 🙄

Also, with you not actually being there, how can you claim they were only trolling? You didn’t see or experience it. Stop trying to defend these idiots. If all you are trying to do is protect the RP community from getting a bad name, then you should be asking around the RP community to find out who did it and if none will own up, then all you can do is make sure those doing it know they are giving your community a bad rep.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Its not 30sec. They were already in the respawn before the WZ timer started, which goes for over a minute. How do I know they were RPing, because I asked 🙄

Also, with you not actually being there, how can you claim they were only trolling? You didn’t see or experience it.

Your comment from your initial post led me to believe it was only 30 seconds.

I just had one where none of them left the respawn for about 30 secs because they were busy RPing.

Just because they told you they were RPing doesn't mean they weren't simply trolling you. I can claim they were only trolling because no real RPers would ever do what you describe, period. It serves no RP purpose.

Stop trying to defend these idiots. If all you are trying to do is protect the RP community from getting a bad name, then you should be asking around the RP community to find out who did it and if none will own up, then all you can do is make sure those doing it know they are giving your community a bad rep.

As you edited your post while I was in the middle of replying, I'm replying again to address your changes. I am not defending them. I am defending the RP community, because trolls like this give them a bad name. These people could be from any community and pretend to RP in order to make RPers look bad, that is the point I'm making. Your words here show you've already determined they come from the RP community, yet you have no proof other than they said they were RPing. With all the harassment of RPers, it would be easy for someone to pretend to be an RPer and do what you describe simply to generate more hate directed towards them.

Your comment from your initial post led me to believe it was only 30 seconds.

Just because they told you they were RPing doesn't mean they weren't simply trolling you. I can claim they were only trolling because no real RPers would ever do what you describe, period. It serves no RP purpose.

The 30 secs were after the match start, so they were probably RPing for about 2 mins before they left the respawn.

I know they were RPing because I asked when I popped in and saw them all standing in a group away from the start area, which seemed weird to me. I was curious and asked what they were doing and they told me. I was ok with it at that point and just said cool 😊.

Also considering I was the only one who was not in their little community of RPers, did they decided that just one person was worth trolling? Certainly you aren’t saying they did it to troll the other team.

Also as someone who has only ever supported RPers and has never trolled them, why would I be a target?

It’s it more likely they were just missing one person from their double Premade.

You seem to want to stick to this theory they were trolling, even though you were apparently not there. So my only conclusion, if I was to jump to one without knowing all the facts 🙄, would be, you are either trying to protect RPers from getting a bad name or you were one of those in the match trolling. So which is it? I can’t see any other reason for you arguing with me about what I saw.

As you edited your post while I was in the middle of replying, I'm replying again to address your changes. I am not defending them. I am defending the RP community, because trolls like this give them a bad name. These people could be from any community and pretend to RP in order to make RPers look bad, that is the point I'm making. Your words here show you've already determined they come from the RP community, yet you have no proof other than they said they were RPing. With all the harassment of RPers, it would be easy for someone to pretend to be an RPer and do what you describe simply to generate more hate directed towards them.

And yet, you have no proof that they weren’t 🙄

You only need to look at some of my posts last year where I was supporting the RP community to know I have nothing against them. Why would I spread hate?

I think you need to look at your motions by saying it couldn’t have been RPers. Because the more you argue with me about it, the worse their rep will get.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Also, with you not actually being there, how can you claim they were only trolling? You didn’t see or experience it. Stop trying to defend these idiots. If all you are trying to do is protect the RP community from getting a bad name, then you should be asking around the RP community to find out who did it and if none will own up, then all you can do is make sure those doing it know they are giving your community a bad rep.

I have to agree with PitTarr. It was obvious trolling.

I know people who've never RPed and are bit paranoid about it ruining there chosen form of play might think it is something that might plausibly occur in a warzone or Group Finder flashpoint, but it's just not done. Literally no one does that, ever. Groupfinder content just isn't well suited for it, particularly PVP where you're occasionally dying and respawning.

I'm not saying you didn't experience it, but it was quite obviously people trying to grief PVPers. I'd guess it's the RPer equivalent of a cantina troll. That is even assuming they actually were RPers and not just bored Gen Chat trolls.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I have to agree with PitTarr. It was obvious trolling.

I know people who've never RPed and are bit paranoid about it ruining there chosen form of play might think it is something that might plausibly occur in a warzone or Group Finder flashpoint, but it's just not done. Literally no one does that, ever. Groupfinder content just isn't well suited for it, particularly PVP where you're occasionally dying and respawning.

I'm not saying you didn't experience it, but it was quite obviously people trying to grief PVPers. I'd guess it's the RPer equivalent of a cantina troll. That is even assuming they actually were RPers and not just bored Gen Chat trolls.

IT WASNT OBVIOUS TROLLING. You think I can’t tell the difference? You weren’t there, your entitled to your speculation, but saying it’s obvious trolling without being there is just ludicrous. All you are trying to deflect the blame away from RPers or justify the behaviour of them.

I’m sorry, but yours and PitTarr’s continued posts to deflect blame is only going to keep this thread alive so everyone can see that RPers do sometimes do stupid stuff in PvP and ruin matches for other people. You do realise that just because you don’t know anyone who has RP’d in pvp, doesn’t mean people don’t.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ll bring up a quote here from another thread

This is precisely why this PVP board is such garbage. It could be a place where we communicate urgent issues and suggestions to the devs, a place where they could quickly and easily get the pulse of the PVP community and find ideas.

Please. Stop creating threads on every unimportant random event/observation that happened to you on a random occasion. I’m afraid to imagine what ideas devs already have picked out of number of absolutely stupid and pointless threads. I am afraid they will start looking into "RP instances" inside warzones, lol.

Couple of actually good ideas are buried here under tons of utter garbage. That is why you see less and less knowledgeable people who can actually bring up something useful posting here.

You saw (which I highly doubt) a couple of RPers inside a number of AHs? Damn, quick, lets open another thread!

come on....

If you want to post a pvp anecdote- go to good old "A PvP a day..." thread which was created exactly for this. Please.

Edited by zhezvya

IT WASNT OBVIOUS TROLLING. You think I can’t tell the difference? You weren’t there, your entitled to your speculation, but saying it’s obvious trolling without being there is just ludicrous. All you are trying to deflect the blame away from RPers or justify the behaviour of them.

I’m sorry, but yours and PitTarr’s continued posts to deflect blame is only going to keep this thread alive so everyone can see that RPers do sometimes do stupid stuff in PvP and ruin matches for other people. You do realise that just because you don’t know anyone who has RP’d in pvp, doesn’t mean people don’t.

Try this Trixxie...

Jump into RP a bit. You'll quickly see why it was trolling. You just *can't* do RP in warzones. If someone was doing it there, they were doing it to intentionally grief everyone else.

I'm not defending them by the way. Quite the contary in fact, since I'm calling them trolls.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Trixxie.... I don't know you.... I've seen about a thousand posts from you over the past couple of weeks... I think maybe you need a game break. You're taking life too seriously. All love. You just seem like you're about ready to blow a fuse. Step back. Have more fun.

Trixxie.... I don't know you.... I've seen about a thousand posts from you over the past couple of weeks... I think maybe you need a game break. You're taking life too seriously. All love. You just seem like you're about ready to blow a fuse. Step back. Have more fun.

I can understand the aggravation. It was fairly douchey to be doing what those people were doing in the warzone.

But yeah, better not to give the trolls what they want. Angering people was likely the intent.

Try this Trixxie...

Jump into RP a bit. You'll quickly see why it was trolling. You just *can't* do RP in warzones. If someone was doing it there, they were doing it to intentionally grief everyone else.

I'm not defending them by the way. Quite the contary in fact, since I'm calling them trolls.

I’ve RPd before and I do know. My partner is mainly an RPer, it’s why I don’t have anything against them, “normally”

You need to understand something. “RP is relative to the people doing it. That means you can RP any where in the game because it comes down to your imagination”

Secondly, and Ive already explained this, I was the only other person in the first WZ I saw this in. So unless I was the sole target, I can’t see how they planned to do that in advance. It is more likely they were missing a member and I was the poor sod who got grouped with them.

Actually you are defending RP people because you are saying they aren’t RPers 🙄

Talk about trolls telling others to take a break 🙄