LF funnest DPS class/spec

ravencreature

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this game. I am playing around with different specs, and I am wondering what y'all think is the funnest DPS spec. I don't care about how well the spec does end-game, or DPS numbers wise, I just want to have fun.

Criteria include rotation (neither too challenging or nor not challenging enough), lore and class story.

In WoW, my favorite classes are rogue (difficult to master but very fun with a lot of great tools) and (melee) shaman, so I am probably looking for melee, though not necessarily. I like a class that is mobile and does good AOE. So far I am leaning towards Assassin.

I would love to hear your suggestions & experiences! :D

In WoW, my favorite classes are rogue (difficult to master but very fun with a lot of great tools) and (melee) shaman, so I am probably looking for melee, though not necessarily. I like a class that is mobile and does good AOE. So far I am leaning towards Assassin.

I'm a tank main who has some experience in melee dps, particularly vigi guardians.

For aoe my favorite (vigi guardian / veng juggie) is hard to beat. The rotation is quite simple (hey, this dumb tank can handle it, anyone can), and mobility isn't bad as we have the best leap in the game, guardian leap / intercede (leap to ally), and blade blitz. It is a dot spec but does surprisingly reasonable burst.

The disadvantage is survivability in PvP. Dps guardians/juggs and pt/vg are incredibly squishy. Pve, you probably wouldn't even notice or have an issue. Heck. I've tanked karraga HM in vigi spec with my healer buddy heal carrying (this was a pug that was short on dps).

Having never really played wow I can't speak to similarity to the classes you enjoy.

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this game. I am playing around with different specs, and I am wondering what y'all think is the funnest DPS spec. I don't care about how well the spec does end-game, or DPS numbers wise, I just want to have fun.

Criteria include rotation (neither too challenging or nor not challenging enough), lore and class story.

Well, Concealment Operative practically IS a WoW Rogue. All those Knife attacks! :o

I would go vengeance jugg. The spec is fun in all aspects of the game (exept for ranked pvp), it performs well enough in reg pvp and pve, it has incredible aoe potential and even though it's a dot-spec in theory, clearing trash and doing story stuff doesn't feel like a chore (unlike other dot-specs like madness/io/lethality...), because you're still bursty enough to kill weak enemies fast. The rotation (or rather: priority-system) is pretty easy to learn without it beeing to simplistic to master the class.

In addition, the warrior story is (IMO) the best force-user story and far ahead of the inquisitor story for example. Also, playing a force-user will give you the benefit, that the two newest story expansions (kotfe,kotet) will actually make at least kind of sense (unlike if you're playing a smuggler or bountyhunter f.e.)

Edited by mrwayn

Thanks everyone for your input! I have not given Jugg a spin yet. Will start one if the new download ever finishes:)

I have an Operative, but she isn't 10 yet. I will go Concealment and give it a try as well. Sniper/Gunslinger seems like it would be fun. Opinions? I thought Commando would be fun, but so far it is meh. I haven't given it much of a try yet, just 11 I think so far.

I forgot to specify that I do mostly PVE with an occasional PVP foray.

Thanks everyone for your input! I have not given Jugg a spin yet. Will start one if the new download ever finishes:)

I have an Operative, but she isn't 10 yet. I will go Concealment and give it a try as well. Sniper/Gunslinger seems like it would be fun. Opinions? I thought Commando would be fun, but so far it is meh. I haven't given it much of a try yet, just 11 I think so far.

If you get the handle on them snipers can be very powerful both pve and PvP. Mine is something of a guild joke, however. Sitting on corellia camping a datacron is the most useful the thing has been in years.

So, mostly PvE. What do you want to know about classes? I'll try to answer any question to the best of my ability. Could be a long read though.

So, mostly PvE. What do you want to know about classes? I'll try to answer any question to the best of my ability. Could be a long read though.

I've been thinking about what I am looking for. I have been playing around, and I think my decision (on what to boost) will be between Inquisitor/Consular and Agent/Smuggler. I also love any class that has stealth, as well, but it's not necessary. I love sneaking around. Mobility is very important to me.

My gunslinger is a lot of fun, and the rotation seems fun and fairly straightforward. I also love the story. My operative I haven't played much yet but am curious as to how that will play out. The idea of sorc/sage appeals to me but it seems that they are not doing well.

Warriors/Knights bore me, and BH/Trooper isn't my style. I tend to prefer medium to light armor types. Undecided on melee vs ranged.

I think it may come down to DF GS and Deception Assassin. I need to play with my operative more.

Any opinions, I'd love the hear them :D

I would go vengeance jugg. The spec is fun in all aspects of the game (exept for ranked pvp), it performs well enough in reg pvp and pve, it has incredible aoe potential and even though it's a dot-spec in theory, clearing trash and doing story stuff doesn't feel like a chore (unlike other dot-specs like madness/io/lethality...), because you're still bursty enough to kill weak enemies fast. The rotation (or rather: priority-system) is pretty easy to learn without it beeing to simplistic to master the class.

In addition, the warrior story is (IMO) the best force-user story and far ahead of the inquisitor story for example. Also, playing a force-user will give you the benefit, that the two newest story expansions (kotfe,kotet) will actually make at least kind of sense (unlike if you're playing a smuggler or bountyhunter f.e.)

The knight story is so cheesy it makes me cringe everytime. Only the very last part was enjoyable the rest felt like a super hero movie where you have to save the world every *********** chapter. Inquisitor's is much deeper, better crafted story of character development through the manipulations of the sith. I enjoyed it much more than knight. The only thing knight has better is in the comp department. Inquisitors only has Khem as a good companion whereas the knight has 2 or 3 good ones (depending where you stand on T7)

The knight story is so cheesy it makes me cringe everytime. Only the very last part was enjoyable the rest felt like a super hero movie where you have to save the world every *********** chapter. Inquisitor's is much deeper, better crafted story of character development through the manipulations of the sith. I enjoyed it much more than knight. The only thing knight has better is in the comp department. Inquisitors only has Khem as a good companion whereas the knight has 2 or 3 good ones (depending where you stand on T7)

Well, that's why I said "Warrior", not "Knight" :p I was talking about the sith warrior, not the jedi knight story. And the whole ghostbuster thingy going on in the inquisitor story seemed very boring to me and not exactly fitting for an "assassin" (it fits a sorc way better imo).

I rather enjoy the knight story. I came to swtor years ago looking for a kotor 3. For me the knight story delivered.

That said I do personally like the inquisitor story better than the warrior. The best part of the warrior story is back talking baras lol.

Well, that's why I said "Warrior", not "Knight" :p I was talking about the sith warrior, not the jedi knight story. And the whole ghostbuster thingy going on in the inquisitor story seemed very boring to me and not exactly fitting for an "assassin" (it fits a sorc way better imo).

My bad should have read that better. That being said I did enjoy warrior story somewhat but not as much as inquisitor.